Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Is my 1990's era Gemini 9600 supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my 1990's era Gemini 9600 supported?

Hi, I have been using HS 2 for many years. I have a Napco Gemini 9600 panel version 17 board with a HA 11B ROM (I also have an 11C ROM I never installed). I use the PC-mini to connect to my computer. My question-> Will this work with your plugin for HS 3? I want to upgrade but do now want to replace my alarm system (still working great after all these years!). I have had zero problems with HS 2 and this panel.

Thanks!
    Jack

From your description I believe it will work. I also use a 9600 panel with the HA upgrade. When HS3 came out I was faced with the fact the Napco plugin wasn't going to be supported so last year about this time I licensed the code form HS and wrote an HS3 compatible version which I use daily at home.

I recommend you try an HS3 install and download the plugin. You will get a 30 day trial period where you can test it out. Worst case is you fall back to your existing HS2 setup.

Good luck!
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thanks, I will be setting up a test HS3 system first to make sure everything is going to work. I am hoping it will work reliably as the alarm is central to many of my events. My system is a mix of Z-wave and X-10 so I am hoping it all plays well together.

Comment

Originally posted by jackallweiss View Post
        Thanks, I will be setting up a test HS3 system first to make sure everything is going to work. I am hoping it will work reliably as the alarm is central to many of my events. My system is a mix of Z-wave and X-10 so I am hoping it all plays well together.
        Hi Jack, understood this is from a long time ago.... did your napco panel work with HS3 plug in?

Comment

Working...
        X