Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Advice on upgrading Gemini to use this Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on upgrading Gemini to use this Plugin

I currently have a late 90s GEM-3200. After seeing some of the other threads, thinking I should consider upgrading that to a newer 9600. Currently there are zones mapped to one of three keypads so not sure where everything is.

1. Anyone know if I can buy the interface cable and then download the config, and migrate to the new panel?
    1a. Know where I can get the cable and software in the US?

2. Does the current model 9600s ship with the GEM-AUTO chip or is that still a separate purchase?

Thanks!

-Mike

I can't really advise on Napco panel upgrades as I'm not a dealer. I originally wrote this plugin since HST decided to not upgrade their HS2 version and I didn't want replace my Napco investment.

I'm using a P9600 purchased in 2005 along with GEM-AUTOMATION. If you google GEM-AUTOMATION you can usually find a couple online sites to purchase Napco equipment if you know what you're looking for. spytown.com and www.securitystoreusa.com are a couple examples.

I don't have a newer panel nor firmware so can't really comment on if they support the automation protocol out of the box or if you still have to buy GEM-AUTOMATION. Getting answers from Napco is not easy.
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X