Please help getting plugin to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help getting plugin to work

I have tried 2 different serial interfaces for the computer 1) is the built in com1 port and the other is a triplet keyspan usb to serial device. on the napco side I used both the pci-mini and the full serial interface that you recommend for the napco 9600 panel it has the 40c automation chip in it.

I have attached the debug log files so you can see what is happening
    often i see "3/13/2016 2:20:31 PM ~ Napco Gemini Error ~ GetAreasFromPanel(1) - Length of argument 'String' must be greater than zero."
    and
    Napco Gemini ~ DEBUG ~ ProcessPanelUpdate - STATUS_UPDATE - IGNORED (waiting on InitIO) [7F, 0A, 01]

anyway your status screen always shows Initializing and the state of the devices are incorrect

any help would be appreciated

THANX
    MITCH
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mitch; March 13, 2016, 04:25 PM.

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
    I have tried 2 different serial interfaces for the computer 1) is the built in com1 port and the other is a triplet keyspan usb to serial device. on the napco side I used both the pci-mini and the full serial interface that you recommend for the napco 9600 panel it has the 40c automation chip in it.
    Hello,

It seems you have communication working from your HS3 server to the panel. That's good news. The occasional buffer issues (garbage strings) and retries are normal. It took a lot of trial/error to get those retry loops working reliably.

I have attached the debug log files so you can see what is happening
    often i see "3/13/2016 2:20:31 PM ~ Napco Gemini Error ~ GetAreasFromPanel(1) - Length of argument 'String' must be greater than zero."
    and
    I think one issue here is you have several zones all named the same "Spare" and that causes the plugin confusion as it's trying to map 1:1 device to zone in HS3. If these are truly unused zones, perhaps you could rename them by adding in the zone number Spare6, Spare7, Spare28, Spare30, Spare31, Spare32 etc.

Napco Gemini ~ DEBUG ~ ProcessPanelUpdate - STATUS_UPDATE - IGNORED (waiting on InitIO) [7F, 0A, 01]
    This is a normal debug message saying it is receiving status messages from the panel but the plugin has not fully initialized yet. I think the root of the issue is probably the duplicate zone names. The plugin does not adjust or rename zones and sounds like it's unable to complete the mapping so it never fully initializes. The first step would be the zone renames I mention above and see where you're at after that.

I hope this helps

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Also take a look at this users experience. After a heroic amount of swapping, he found that the zone descriptions were at the root of his issue. I am hoping for a similar fix for you by updating the Spare zone descriptions.

You can see how he actually "deleted" his unused zones by updating the zone description to just ##- with no actual description. Perhaps this could work for you as well?

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...74&postcount=3

Originally posted by jmasles View Post
      I tried replacing just about all the hardware ( switched to a p9600, new gem-rs232 module, new v40c automation prom for the p3200, tripplite 19HS usb serial adapter ) and even tried running Win 7-32 on the same PC to no avail. The upgrade to the v40c automation prom forced me to update my quickloader software to properly talk to the panel and this led to the discovery of the root of the problem. I decided to modify the zone descriptions as this was what was being misinterpreted by the plug-in. The older quickloader allowed any zone description but the new version complained about my descriptions not being in the format 01- to xx- . Formerly I had just had zone descriptions without a zone number (ie. Garage Door ). When I switched to 01-Garage Door, that description was accepted by the plugin without the SQL errors I had been getting. I also had several unused zones that I had called NA02, NA03, etc ) and changing them to 02-NA, 03-NA did not work. However just using the zone numbers ( 02-,03- ) made them disappear from the homeseer zone lists and eliminated all errors when talking to the panel. I'm back to using my motherboard serial port and my p3200 but I did keep the new GEM module and updated prom, and everything is working now.
      Last edited by nfrobertson; March 14, 2016, 06:45 PM. Reason: Adding full quote to other issue resolution
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

thanks for getting back to me
        attached is the current log file. I have tried both spare1,spare2 ... and removing the description which is the current state I am still getting errors but the most important thing is the state of the zones is incorrect. They only get updated when toggled by opening and closing a window etc. it does not initialize to the correct state

also your status window shows initializing and it never get to look like the panel as i suspect it should.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking at that attached log, it appears you have successfully removed the spare zones as 6,7,28,30,31,32 etc. are gone. You might try disabling the plugin, removing all your HS3 zone devices and let the plugin recreate them after a new clean startup.

I don't see any errors in that attached log. It appears to read the state of the zones cleanly this time. when you look at the PLUG-INS->Manage page are you saying it never shows just Ok?

Have you tried arming / disarming the panel to watch the zones to go from "Secure" (meaning closed) to "Secure and Armed" (closed and alarm set) and then back again ?

Nathan
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

getting better

I have done what you suggested and it seems to be working better. I have uploaded a screen shot of the status screen is that normal. I would have expected it to be more like a panel with status etc.

THANX
            MITCH
            Attached Files

Comment

It should show Initializing... like that during plugin startup and until it has completed all it's back and forth with the panel to get status. Watch the log roll and you should be able to get a good sense of when the init is complete. After that, go back and refresh that status page and it should show something like you see on your keypad "System Ready"

You can also check the PLUG INS->Manage page and in the far right column it will start off with Initializing... but once complete it should change to simply Ok like the other plugins.

Nathan
              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Many issues need to be resolved

the screen always shows initializing it never is ready this is with ver 40 of the firmware.

Napco just sent me a firmware update to solve an issue with the panel it is ver 61B 24/04/08 of the firmware. The plugin has issues with this version I have attached the log.
                any ideas how to solve this issue?

I am also attaching a document from napco that might help
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mitch; March 19, 2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

the screen always shows initializing it never is ready this is with ver 40 of the firmware.
                  The only place that "Initializing..." message is created for the Keypad line 1 display is early in the plugin when it's getting area info from the panel. I noticed your screen shot shows 2 area tabs and I recall from a previous log it mentions two areas. Are you really using 2 Areas or only 1 ? If only 1 can you remove the extra area?

When you first start up the plugin, please go to PLUG INS->Manage and watch the "Plug-in Status" column. It should eventually show Ok in green like the other plugins. Does it?

Do you have any special zone devices that maybe aren't being supported correctly for some reason? I'm grasping at straws at this point as it seems with the v40 firmware you were 99% working but for some reason the plugin never seemed to register as fully initialized. What did you need newer panel firmware to fix?

Napco just sent me a firmware update to solve an issue with the panel it is ver 61B 24/04/08 of the firmware. The plugin has issues with this version I have attached the log.
                  any ideas how to solve this issue?
                  Looking at the log you sent, it appears that either there's no MASTER code defined in the INI file for the plugin or that the master code may be wrong? If you updated the firmware then you likely have a new master code that came with it. Without that being fixed, the plugin won't communicate with the panel.

3/19/2016 10:00:27 AM ~ Napco Gemini Error ~ No MASTER CODE defined. Use config page to enter. Be sure to SAVE when done.
                  What version of HS3 are you running?
                  HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

"Are you really using 2 Areas or only 1 ?"
                    Yes I have 2 Areas and in future a 3rd is planned
                    Area 1 berg and fire for office
                    Area 2 flood sensors
                    Area 3 Berg House
                    This is the best way I can give you definitions

needed to update firmware for the ibridge device from napco for tcp communications and emails from panel

version of hs3 3.0.0.208

anyway here is the current full log I even reset the comport in the middle of it just to get the comport going

I have supplied you with my contact info in a pm incase you wish to call. feel free
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Mitch; March 21, 2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

In the attached debug log, I see the issue, for this specific run, in the middle. The plugin wasn't able to query the panel for Area information which includes area/zone status. Recall from your previous debug logs the long lines when it is able to query for Area info.

3/21/2016 8:44:37 PM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INFO ~ Retrieving area information from panel...
                      3/21/2016 8:44:42 PM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INFO ~ TIMEOUT waiting for panel to become free for commands
                      3/21/2016 8:44:47 PM ~ Napco Gemini Error ~ Unable to establish a good session to the Napco Panel to obtain areas for zones.
                      3/21/2016 8:44:52 PM ~ Napco Gemini Error ~ FATAL - full Panel to HS status update - Unable to obtain areas from the Napco Panel
                      3/21/2016 8:44:52 PM ~ Napco Gemini ~ ALWAYS ~ Napco Panel disconnected.
                      3/21/2016 8:44:52 PM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INFO ~ FINISH - full Panel to HS status update!
                      I suggest you try increasing the command timeout to a higher value like 15 or 30 and see what happens. Config->Timing->Command Timeout

It would also be very helpful if you sent me a PM or email at the address I gave you with a full screen shot of your Config page including all zones shown in the table on that page. Please send multiple screen shots if the page scrolls so I can see all of them.

Thanks
                      Nathan
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

more info

The serial port appears to lock up interminently an dI have to pull the usb cable and replug it. it is a triplet keyspan. This only seems to happen if you plugin or homeseer restarts. It does not happen with quickloader or anyother software..

the attached log will show that I reset the com port at 3/22/2016 at about 8:43 am today

since the panel is not responding correctly and I removed your plugin and reinstalled it I have not had good enough comm to the panel to get any zones
                        settings are
                        com 5
                        max zones 40
                        command tieout 10
                        max retry 10

Comment

The key difference, I believe, is the upgraded firmware to v60b from v40c when you almost had success except for the iBridge device(s)? If you stepped back to firmware v40c I'm guessing most of these problems with communication may clear up. The plugin uses the DotNet4 serial port class so has very little control over the actual port. The difference is likely in the serial communication with the newer firmware. Perhaps Napco adjusted the protocol as they've added newer hardware like the iBridge?

I don't have the newer firmware or a newer panel with iBridge to test with so further progress may be difficult. I replied to you in email. If you have thoughts on how to move this forward please let me know.

Nathan
                          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

continued

I also sent you an email with more info removing area 2 did not help

Comment

Hi Mitch,

Closing the loop on this thread as we've worked and as of 3.0.1.8 the majority of issues were solved. Key here appears to be the work done to make this plugin linux compatible also had a very positive side-effect of fixing your issues. The original HS2 plugin encoded data to/from the panel in strings and passed them around internally which made the plugin very tied to the Windows 1252 character set. That has all been replaced with byte arrays and now the plugin is linux compatible and generally more platform neutral.

I do recommend you look at the BETA 3.0.1.9 or perhaps wait until I release it generally as I've fixed a bug with zone status to HS3 devices not being correct at plugin startup. I'm waiting on testing from another user and if solid will release it generally.

Nathan
                              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
                              X