Log Error - new P3200 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Error - new P3200 setup

Migrating from HS2 to HS3. I have a P3200 panel which communicated perfectly with HS2 via my v11D chip. The HS3 napco plugin is communicating with the panel, and I am able to send commands to arm and disarm, so this is encouraging.

However, I am noting the following error message in the log on startup: UpdateInteralFromPanel - Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I am also noticing that two of my zones are reporting "Open/Disarmed" when they should display "Secure." I closed HS3, reopened HS2 and they are both appropriately listed as "secure" in HS2. The other zones are displaying fine.

Thanks for the assistance.

What version of the HS3 Napco Gemini (3p) plugin are you running? If you're not on the latest 3.0.1.8 I suggest updating to that first. while making internal revisions for the Linux compatibility it also solved some other odd issues another user was having. You may want delete your HS3 napco devices and restart the plugin to make sure everything is created clean again.

Turn up debug logging and watch the HS3 Log for the keypad status messages. Just want to confirm they are coming in as expected every few minutes. Assume they are if you had this working under the HST HS2 plugin.

Last you can look in your HS3/Logs/ directory for a file called NapcoDebug.log and post that file as an attachment to the reply message so I can review it.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

I'm on version 3.0.1.8 (just installed HS3 and this plugin yesterday).

Regarding the two zones with incorrect status...If I manually open/fault the zones, it seems to "correct" them in that any status change is subsequently correct. Unfortunately, upon closing and reopening HS3, those two zones incorrectly revert back to "Open/Disarmed" (or Open/Armed") until I once again manually open those zones.

With debug enabled, status messages are coming through to the log very frequently.

Despite these two quirks, the plugin actually appears to work for my simple purposes with my bandaid fix, but I'm hoping to get it to a more reliable point.

Thanks for the assistance. I'll post the debug log file momentarily.

Comment

This does sound promising and glad you're on the latest. That error about "UpdateInteralFromPanel" is of concern.

I suggest going into your panel via Quickloader and check all your Zone names. They *must* all follow the format below for active zones:

##-SomeDescriptionHere
        or below for unused zones:

##-
        I've heard that older versions of Quickloader allowed zone names without this enforcement but all newer versions do require it as does this HS3 plugin.

Posting the log will help as we try to debug this.

Thanks
        Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Not sure if this would be an issue but try setting your MaxZones to be divisible by 8. So instead of 10 use 16. If no better, expand up to 32 to match total zones possible in your panel.

If this turns out to be an issue I'll have to add code to enforce this. This might be a difference with your older firmware chip.

Nathan
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I opened Quickloader 6.3.1 and the zone labels are in the correct format.

I set the max zones to 32; no change.

Something I've noticed is that loading HS3 seems to set the "Manual Bypass Re-entry" to "Y" on the feature view screen in quickloader (yet the checkbox on the zone assignment screen is still unchecked for both; perhaps I'm not clear on the behavior of this or its a glitch) for my two zones which display "Open/Disarmed" on initial startup.

Further investigation has found that pretty much none of my zones display accurate status on startup. All but 2 zones initially appeared correct to me, but I've found that I have to open/fault each zone for the plugin to subsequently capture accurate, real time status. Basically, I can not trust the zone status on initial startup, until a zone has been opened/changed and then it appears to capture the status fine.
            Last edited by cjr18; May 15, 2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I think that the last statement in my previous post is the key to getting this to work. The fact that I can create a working environment with that bandaid fix is encouraging. Just need to find a way for the plugin to capture correctly on initialization, and not just until a zone status is manually opened/changed.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Please update to the latest BETA 3.0.1.9 version. You can find this in the HS3 Updater if you scroll to near the bottom, there's a Beta category. Open it and you'll see this plugin in the list. I've found two issues detailed below.

The first is directly related to the error you saw about the Index out of bounds. If you look in the small snippet below from the original log you posted, that command is the request to see which (if any) areas are currently armed. It appears your P3200 11D firmware isn't actually returning any values. That 2nd byte after the 39 is a count of data bytes returned. It is typically a 1 meaning it is providing a single data byte back (1 byte = 8 bits = 1 bit for each area saying armed=1 or not=0) Your panel is returning a count of 0 data bytes and you can see this in the log as the same 6 bytes sent are returned back. Perhaps 11D doesn't support the Areas Armed status command. Unknown commands are simply echoed back as sent. I added a check for this and if no data is returned a debug message will be logged and we'll move on avoiding the bad array access. This doesn't actually help with the zone status though as the Areas Armed request is the last one and there was no functionality missed due to the error.

Code:
                5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 39,0,0,8,0,0
                5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 39,0,0,8,0,0
                5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini Error ~ UpdateInteralFromPanel - Index was outside the bounds of the array
                The second issue was introduced recently with the work I did to make this plugin Linux compatible. Long story short is there was a huge amount of conversion work done in March/April and the opportunity for off-by-one errors was high. I thought I had fixed and tested everything however, this is one of those that can easily slip through. It was incorrectly generating the list of zones to set status on. I have fixed that now and hope this is the root of the issue you found. Please do let me know and if so I'll release this 3.0.1.9 out of beta to general use.

Thanks
                Nathan
                HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Thank you for your assistance in troubleshooting this issue. I am currently not on-site, so cannot fully troubleshoot at the moment. However, my remote access and installation of 3.0.1.9 has yielded very promising results:

- The "UpdateInteralFromPanel - Index was outside the bounds of the array" message has disappeared. The log seems to be free of errors (note, debug logging is off).

- All of the zones (and area) are displaying accurate status.

Once I'm back on-site I'll do a full test, but so far this beta version has fixed every issue that I initially had. Thanks!! I feel fortunate to have one of the few P3200 setups (reportedly) that actually works with this plugin. Hopefully this thread will help other P3200 owners.

Will report back once I'm back on-site, but from a remote view everything is working perfectly.

Thanks again!

Comment

That's great news. One more thing that may help other P3200 owners would be to report what hardware version your P3200 panel is. I believe there's a triangle sticker on the board itself that indicates that hardware revision.

BTW, I have version 3.0.2.0 coming next with updates for Mitch, adding some $$GLOBALVAR that can be used in spech/email actions. FYI if useful for you.

Nathan
                    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I'll be sure to supply the hardware version as soon as I'm physically on-site.

I have an update, with some unfortunate news. It appears as though the problem of zone status on initialization of the plugin is still not accurate. When HS3 loads, all zones display "Secure" however a couple zones at this moment should be "Open & Disarmed" (someone else is on-site for me). Again, if the zone is manually changed, it subsequently displays the zone's status accurately on each change. It's actually a different pattern than before, in that all zones now initially display "Secure." Before the update, I had a couple zones initially display "Open & Disarmed" with the rest "Secure." Not sure if that tidbit helps. Please let me know what I can provide to help troubleshoot this issue. It's sort of funny seeing the display LED on the status page showing the open zones while the status below shows "Secure."

I should note that the Area's status as Disarmed or Armed is correct on initialization and subsequently.

EDIT: I just opened an instance of my old HS2, and it appears as though the issue is there as well. I now have the feeling that this inaccuracy was present all along, shockingly. I guess if you always open HS with all doors closed you'd be none the wiser! Ha! I feel that this update (3.0.1.9) has basically brought me up to where I was with HS2 (ie, the pattern of inaccuracy is now such that 'all' zones are "Secure" initially). Perhaps my panel actually cannot interface any better with this plugin, however I'd still like to troubleshoot to see if anything further can be attempted. Regardless, a simple fix is to basically open HS with all zones physically closed; thus, I ultimately consider 3.0.1.9 a success for the P3200.
                      Last edited by cjr18; June 13, 2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

From your HS3 log or from your NapcoDebug.log file, when you restart the plugin, there's the section right before initialization is complete where the plugin requests several status commands from the panel. An example is below from the last log you had posted

5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INFO ~ Update all devices with live panel status...
                        5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ DEBUG ~ StartSession - HAIL panel
                        5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 1A,6,0,0,0,0,2A,2A,2A,2A,2A,2A
                        5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 40,0,0,0,0,3D
                        5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 39,0,0,2,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 39,C,0,2,2,0,0,C,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 39,0,0,3,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 39,C,0,3,2,0,FF,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:14 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 39,0,0,4,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 39,C,0,4,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 39,0,0,5,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 39,C,0,5,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 39,0,0,6,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 39,C,0,6,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 39,0,0,7,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 39,C,0,7,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ OUTGOING ~ SENDING: 39,0,0,8,0,0
                        5/15/2016 6:01:15 AM ~ Napco Gemini ~ INCOMING ~ RECEIVED: 39,0,0,8,0,0
                        This is the same section that was fixed with 3.0.1.9. The first fix was for the "array index" error which was related to the last command sent 39,0,0,8,0,0. That command is for areas armed and the P3200 with 11D doesn't appear to send back the 1 data byte for this so we have to skip it. That means we don't actually know the armed/disarmed status of the areas by asking the panel. This would be worth some more testing by stopping the plugin and manually arm/disarm the panel (and let it become fully armed/disarmed) then restart the plugin to see if the area arm/disarm status is incorrect for a few seconds and then if the keypad updates are correctly resetting the armed status.

The second fix was the off-by-one error in the zone numbers for the rest of the status commands. That error meant incorrect status values could be applied to zones. Since often most zones are simply closed (Secure) then it's not often noticeable but you clearly saw some zones incorrect that led to the discovery/fix. This was a recent error introduced in March/April 2016 with the Linux compatibility work I did so wasn't in the HS2 version.

To complete testing of this with your 11D firmware, I suggest you start with all zones closed (Secure) and stop the plugin. If you have both hardwired zones (like 1-8) and RF zones, these couple tests need done independently with one of each type: Pick a zone of the right type and open it, restart the plugin and observe the HS3 device status and date/time it was changed. Return it to close(Secure) and do the same test but this time manually bypass a zone. Repeat these two tests for hardware and RF zones if possible.

Finally, go to your HS3 log or NapcoDebug.log and pull out the range of status commands (like those above) showing the SENDING/RECEIVED block for each test. Then we can interpret what the panel sent back and compare to your test observations to see if we have any other oddness with the 11D firmware.

These tests are only applicable to plugin startup. After that, all changes come in via direct events (open/close zones, arm/disarm areas) or via the keypad status updates which are constant on the bus.

Nathan
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
                          That's great news. One more thing that may help other P3200 owners would be to report what hardware version your P3200 panel is. I believe there's a triangle sticker on the board itself that indicates that hardware revision.

BTW, I have version 3.0.2.0 coming next with updates for Mitch, adding some $$GLOBALVAR that can be used in spech/email actions. FYI if useful for you.

Nathan
                          The version number in the triangle sticker on the board is "21"

-CJ

Comment

Working...
                          X