UPB Links/Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB Links/Scenes

Has the official request for UPB Links/Scenes been made?

Status would be awesome but even the ability to activate/deactivate would be sweet!

Thanks!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks! at this time, only the HLC protocol is supported. Another user has requested support for scenes and I am looking into it now.

What other protocols are you using on the panel?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Just UPB for Power.
      I use a few Pulseworx and Simply Automated devices.
      Some units have dual function that HAI does not recognize. I have a few workingwith HLC by using links mapped to a scene controller.
      Unfortunately I have a few devices where there is not an available SC so I run them by activating links.

Comment

Here have a mixture of SA, PCS and HAI UPB switches.

Newer UPB SA switches are dual load SA and many multipaddle switches.

The OmniPro 2 panel doesn't recognize these switches in UPB mode such that I use links / buttons to control them.

You can remap your UPB devices to HLC mode but you cannot program the UPB switches via the OmniPro console.
        Last edited by Pete; January 4, 2017, 06:26 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by alexns View Post
          Just UPB for Power.
          I use a few Pulseworx and Simply Automated devices.
          Some units have dual function that HAI does not recognize. I have a few workingwith HLC by using links mapped to a scene controller.
          Unfortunately I have a few devices where there is not an available SC so I run them by activating links.
          Yeah I am basically running HLC for all of my HAI stuff with the HAI Plug-In, and then running Spud's UPB Plug-In for the Simpy Automated and PCS stuff like Ceiling Fan Controllers and the UMI-32 IO Units. Two separate UPB Networks and it's working well. I decided to not use UPB for receptacles. Instead I am installing a couple Z-Wave receptacles in each room so I have a robust repeater network throughout the house for the wireless Z-Wave stuff.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
            Instead I am installing a couple Z-Wave receptacles in each room so I have a robust repeater network throughout the house for the wireless Z-Wave stuff.

-Travis
            I did this myself - just added receptacles strictly for repeaters/mesh.

Comment

Here 1/2 of the receptacles in most of the rooms in the home are switched at the UPB wall switch. Over the years did change / modify which outlets were switched and have added UPB lamp modules in a few rooms to create scenes. Many years ago did use automated receptacles and had to cap them with child proof caps such that cleaning folks wouldn't utilize the vacumn cleaner on these outlets. Still do that today with the 1/2 switched on the wall outlets. I utilize scenes here for some rooms / outdoor lighting. (IE: garage coach, front door coach, rear door coach and deck coach are all one scene working in sync today). High on the WAF is the double tap and multiple toggle wall switches these days. I have reduced the footprint somewhat using dual load / multiple toggle switches over the years. Many years ago due to WAF did disable much of the follow me lighting around the house which utilized occupancy PIRs on the ceilings.
              Last edited by Pete; January 5, 2017, 01:16 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete - are the UPB receptacles both controllable? My Z-Wave receptacles only control the bottom outlet. I have a couple of outlets I could replace with UPB if both are controllable.

Comment

Only the top receptacle is UPB controllable.

I originally used one (and X10 and Insteon and Z-Wave) for my LV outdoor lighting which was originally 4 Toroidal AC transformers and kept blowing the fuses then went to LED Lighting / multiple LED DIN dual 12VDC mounted MeanWell transformers connected to an outlet (both upper and lower dual outlet box) controlled by one UPB relay.

I built a sort of dmark for LV lighting here. DIN rail on top with MeanWell transformers. Then underneath all metal 4X4 utility external style boxes adjacent to each other and connect by conduit. 1st 4X4 box has UPB switch the Left and outlets on the right. Such that the UPB switch was wired to control 5 outlets. Used a hammer drill to drill the holes in cement.

Ended up with 5 MeanWell transformers (10 zones of LV 12VDC LED lamps).

Here is a picture of it from 2011 which I posted to the forum. You can still have issues with an outlet plugging in a vacuum or high amperage device or motor.

IE: when I replaced the carpeting in the dining room with a wood floor (old fashioned way) the guy doing the work with the floor sander used a direct connect to my fuse panel (removed cover).

You can though just wire up any automated switch such that it controls both receptacles on any outlet running romax or new wires in conduit. The outdoor brick mail box endeavor here used a new UPB switch wired in to the same box as the front door coach lights (here ran new conduit from the outside into the basement and then up to the front door wall switch.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

The receptacles work very well!
                    I have a few mapped to hlc

Comment

Working...
                    X