This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getmp3s View Post

So based on above sticky, if i want to control my Omni Thermostat in Google Home, I just need to enable voice for the one labeled "thermostat" (root) at the bottom right?
    Click image for larger version Name:	image_71803.png Views:	2 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	1250956
    I dont have a Google Home, but this works for an Alexa just fine...
    Last edited by rmasonjr; October 3, 2018, 08:20 AM. Reason: correction
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I've got a call in to Mark on this. Last I heard, you could only control Lights with a Google Home and HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
        Last I heard, you could only control Lights with a Google Home and HomeSeer.
        Yes and no, you can control BUTTONS in addition to lights, and so with BUTTONS you can control pretty much anything but you have to back end code it in the Omni what that button will do. Its a lot of work, for example, i can say "turn on kitchen speakers" and it runs a button called "kitchen speakers" which is then a block of code on the Omni to turn on the HI-FI zone and set it to my most commonly used input. I still haven't figured out how to tackle turning off the kitchen speakers yet since you can't "turn off" a button, lol...
        That being said, there is a timeout issue with Google Home at the moment and if you've got more then a dozen or so devices to sync it will timeout and not sync, Homeseer is apparently waiting for Google to fix this, so until then i actually can't sync much to my Google Home anymore. It worked fine last month but then, kaput after i tried to sync more devices and has been down for about 3 weeks now.

Comment

I've written a button to turn off my Irrigation system on demand. I would imagine you could do the same for any other system. So for your speakers, you'd just make another button that does the turn off task(s).

Comment

why do i have to say the room plus the device i want to control with Alexa now with HS4 and Omni plug in?

Comment

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
              why do i have to say the room plus the device i want to control with Alexa now with HS4 and Omni plug in?
              I havent switched over to HS4 yet, but I'm not aware of any changes that would make it any different than HS3. I'll try to get a system connected with Alexa and test

Comment

Rob or anyone,

I have the OMNI plugin and recently switched over to HS4 in order to ensure that the Thermostat reading would respond in Fahrenheit. After getting the system setup and everything else working, Alexa only respond with "I'm not quite sure what went wrong" when asking for the temperature, or any other function. However, when this occurs, Alexa will display the correct temperature and setpoint on the display of the Echo Show. I can control and read the thermostat within HomeSeer without a problem. If I click on the Thermostat in the Alexa APP it tries to load (Display the 3 progressing DOTS) but never loads. All three of my HAI thermostats have this same problem.

HAI OmniStat 2 RC1000

Comment

Originally posted by lipsit View Post
                  Rob or anyone,

I have the OMNI plugin and recently switched over to HS4 in order to ensure that the Thermostat reading would respond in Fahrenheit. After getting the system setup and everything else working, Alexa only respond with "I'm not quite sure what went wrong" when asking for the temperature, or any other function. However, when this occurs, Alexa will display the correct temperature and setpoint on the display of the Echo Show. I can control and read the thermostat within HomeSeer without a problem. If I click on the Thermostat in the Alexa APP it tries to load (Display the 3 progressing DOTS) but never loads. All three of my HAI thermostats have this same problem.

HAI OmniStat 2 RC1000
                  This has been a long-standing HS problem. It's not specific to OMNI, it does not work with Z-Wave thermostats either.
                  I wish we had this functionality too

Comment

Hi Rob. Has this issue ever been fixed? I am getting "I'm not quite sure what went wrong" when asking Alexa for the temperature. I am on the latest HomeSeer version (4.2.18.3). Any help is appreciated.​

Comment

No I'm still getting it too.

This is an issue between HS and their Alexa skill.

Comment

I'm so frustrated and disappointed with HS support on this issue. I purchased HS for this one reason to be a bridge between Alexa and my HA system. I documented this problem with videos, screen shots, and a detailed email on more then one occasion. I submitted a formal ticket and got nothing but a run around. I just wish HS would put some attention to updating the Alexa skill.

Comment

For what it's worth, I reported this a long time ago too. You could probably search the boards and find it. If you want to set the setpoint on a thermostat, it would be very handy to know what the current temp is before issuing the setpoint command.

Comment

Working...
                          X