Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Homeseer and Omni - Help!

Hi There,

Been working with my HAI OPII for over 10 years now. Finally time to add homeseer and take it to the next level.

I just rec'd my new hometroller SEL and installed the omni PI. I cannot get past trying to enter my panel information. It just keeps locking up and disconnecting.

I enter IP, then Port then it wipes them clear. It will hold the encryption keys but this is a very frustrating start. Any ideas what to look at?

Appreciate it in advance-

Josh

Not sure what that could be. Try this:
    Disable the plugin from the Manage Plugins page.
    Manually remove the /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini
    (you can do this from the Linux tools menu: sudo rm -f /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini)
    Enable the plugin from the Manage Plugins page.
    Wait about a minute or so, then try to configure the panel.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Tried that. Same result. Just keeps disconnecting and locking up.

Could the OP II version have anything to do with it? I am currently running 3.8A. I have a brand new chip to install to bring current just havent gotten around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jms72499 View Post
        Tried that. Same result. Just keeps disconnecting and locking up.

Could the OP II version have anything to do with it? I am currently running 3.8A. I have a brand new chip to install to bring current just havent gotten around to it.
        That shouldnt matter. Can you email me the log file?
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186423

Comment

Will do later on. Had to leave for work. Thank you-

Comment

@Josh,

Curious what version of the OmniPro 2 panel you have. The one with the upgrading chips or the one that you can upgrade with PC Access?

Both of these panels work fine with firmware revision level 3.18.

You can short cut the configuration a bit by shutting down the plugin and editing the INI file with the IP and keys to the panel. Then enabling the plugin. Make sure that the panel IP is in the same subnet as your Homeseer box.

Note that the Hometroller SEL is running Linux. Are you familiar with Linux GUI or command line via SSH?

Using the logs feature on the plugin is easy and you can clip and paste the logs to a text file. Here is an example. I disabled and enabled the OmniPlugin here so that you could see what a normal start up of the plugin looks like.

If the plugin stops though I am not sure that you will be able to use the plugin log feature.

[ATTACH]63218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]63219[/ATTACH]

@Rob, what is HAC connection offline mean?
            Last edited by Pete; September 6, 2017, 09:43 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

The OPII is about 13 years old. It uses the chips for upgrading. Currently running 3.8A, but I do have a brand new firmware that I just got but haven't installed yet.

As far as just editing the ini file, I will try that when I get home. Can you post a sample with what one looks like? As I said earlier mine only saved the port and encryption keys so I don't know what the other values should look like.

Thank you!

Comment

Yes here is the INI file. I have x'd out the keys.

[config]
                hai_port=4369
                hai_protocol=TCP
                useMySQL=False
                useTimeSynch=False
                mysql_dbName=hai
                mysql_dbhost=ipofdatabase
                mysql_dbPort=3306
                mysql_dbUser=hai
                mysql_dbPass=hai
                mysql_dbroot=mysqlrootpassword
                consoleOutput=False
                hai_commandWait=3000
                aboutURL=About.htm
                logToHomeseer=False
                imageFileLocation=images/OMNI/
                logmode=DEBUG
                supportLink=http://board.homeseer.com
                databaseLocation=Data\HAI\HAI.db
                heartbeatsecs=30
                hai_interface=LKP-HAI2
                hai_address=192.168.244.182
                hai_key1=12345678901234567
                hai_key2=FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
                outputFrom=385
                outputTo=392
                checkdevicesforupgrade=false
                debugFile=Logs/omni.log
                updatethermostats=false
                updateunits=false

@rob,

Just noticed the difference in backwards and forward slashes on the two directories above. Are they supposed to be like that for Linux?
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

@Rob, what is HAC connection offline mean?
                  That comes from the HAI SDK. I think HAI named it "Home Automation Controller" at one point. That status goes to Online after being connected for a few seconds. I can probably safely remove that message - it's purely informational.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

@rob,

Just noticed the difference in backwards and forward slashes on the two directories above. Are they supposed to be like that for Linux?
                    It shouldnt matter. HST provided a function in the SDK that will fix the paths based on the OS running.

Comment

Thank you Rob.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

So I copied the INI file you posted and updated with my settings and voila we are connected and running. No clue as to why it wouldnt take the setting nd kept crashing the other way but its working now.

I do have a couple expansion enclosures and I cannot add them via the interface. What do those look like in the INI so I can add?

Thanks again. I am sure you will be hearing more from me as I get this going.

Comment

Good news Josh!

I am not sure how the expansion enclosures would look like.

I tried to add one anyhow and it did not add or save expansion check box.

Here have expanded zones inside of the main panel and one combo video/touchscreen hub externally.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm concerned that the web interface isnt working for you. Are you using Chrome, Edge, or FireFox?

Comment

I tried chrome, firefox, ie11 and then the chromium on the SEL itself

Comment

Working...
                              X