Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual device wrecking my head.

New to Home automation and have a question,

No matter what scenario I try, creating an event from a virtual device just wont work.

For example, I have created the virtual device below to turn off all lights.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	device.png
Views:	1
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1212222

Status Graphics

Name:	graphics.png
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	1212224

Then I create my event, linking it to my newly created device.

Name:	event.png
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1212223

When using a verbal command through alexa, Alexa says the scene isn't responding. It works perfectly through the homeseer app.

However.....
    If I create an event to turn off all lights and link it to an existing device (not a newly created virtual device), like some lamps and run the event, it works fine.

Can't understand why it wont work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Is the light ON or OFF when you run it? If it is OFF, the value is not being changed so the Event won't run. I have attached an example of how I do my events to avoid that issue. If you check to see if the devices' value has been set or changed and then check what state it's in, the Event will run even if the device is already OFF.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
      Is the light ON or OFF when you run it? If it is OFF, the value is not being changed so the Event won't run. I have attached an example of how I do my events to avoid that issue. If you check to see if the devices' value has been set or changed and then check what state it's in, the Event will run even if the device is already OFF.
      Strangely, the event works via the homeseer app, it works through the web browser...it basically works. The problem is Alexa cannot seem to process the event.

Even if I give it a weird unique name...it still says "I have found several devices that match that name, which one do you want" even though the device has a completely unique name.

I bet it's something really dumb i've overlooked.

Comment

Working...
      X