Event triggers multiple times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event triggers multiple times

What am I doing wrong? When this event triggers, it sends about a dozen emails. It's got to be something moronic that I've done. Could use some help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_Saturday, July 28, 2018_09h46m36s_001_.png
Views:	279
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	1236792

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    Try setting the "cannot retrigger for xx seconds" in the options

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    Thanks but that didn't do anything. The text messages just keep coming until I disable the event.

Comment

I think you may have to do two things.
      1) break into three different events for each of the three alarm states (disarmed, armed day, armed away)
      2) add the following trigger and have the three alarm states above as "and if" statements with it

I think what is happening is the alarm state is set and by the appropriate user to trigger the event. That never changes so the event keep triggering. You can test this theory by setting alarm by user other than tom, see constant event trigger, then unset alarm by Tom. That should stop the events from triggering.

The statement below should trigger just once when the alarm status changes. The "and if" part of the statement will ensure it only triggers when set to a specific alarm mode and not by user "tom".

Name:	alarm condition.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1236954

Comment

Originally posted by cowsr4eating View Post
        I think you may have to do two things.
        1) break into three different events for each of the three alarm states (disarmed, armed day, armed away)
        2) add the following trigger and have the three alarm states above as "and if" statements with it

I think what is happening is the alarm state is set and by the appropriate user to trigger the event. That never changes so the event keep triggering. You can test this theory by setting alarm by user other than tom, see constant event trigger, then unset alarm by Tom. That should stop the events from triggering.

The statement below should trigger just once when the alarm status changes. The "and if" part of the statement will ensure it only triggers when set to a specific alarm mode and not by user "tom".

Click image for larger version  Name:	alarm condition.JPG Views:	1 Size:	16.1 KB ID:	1236954
        Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work with the "any user except" feature. Now I get no notifications. rmasonjr ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, August 1, 2018_15h09m05s_002_.png Views:	1 Size:	322.7 KB ID:	1237732

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1237734 Here's a screenshot of my event:
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1237734 Here's a screenshot of my event:
            I have deleted the events and re entered them. Testing now. For some reason, even though mine were set up just like yours, they would send many many emails (reflected in the logs too). Will advise.

Comment

I had a similar problem. I sent a text message each time a person disarmed the system. I set one up for each person, so it Tom disarms I get a message that Tom disarmed, separate event for Jane, etc. Your way is more sophisticated than mine . I did however have the same problem of receiving the text messages multiple times, but as noted by others I just set it not to retrigger for some number of minutes. Worked for me.

Comment

Hi Rob. I am re-floating this bug because it has gotten worse suddenly. I have just lived with the fact that the "someone other than me" event sends multiple emails but in the last few weeks it started sending the email every two minutes until I issue a system arm or disarm command myself. I remember that you use this event parameter yourself....is it behaving for you?

Here's the event:

Name:	disarm email.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1332222

Comment

Yours looks exactly like mine.
                  I need to see if HS is triggering or if the plugin is doing it. Can you post or email the OMNI logs for that time period where it was sending multiple alerts?

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	235
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1332235

Comment

rmasonjr

Logs sent. Look for user "Mimi"

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
                      rmasonjr

Logs sent. Look for user "Mimi"

Thanks for your help.
                      Got the logs - will let you know what I find out...

Comment

Okay so why is there not an all users on this notification scheme? I had to create a dummy user to input into the "any user except" location and from the Omni Pro 2 had to make all of the codes into "users". Apparently cannot be a "master" for the event to recognize as "any user except" to be included into the exclusion list.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by dlschwerin View Post
                          Okay so why is there not an all users on this notification scheme? I had to create a dummy user to input into the "any user except" location and from the Omni Pro 2 had to make all of the codes into "users". Apparently cannot be a "master" for the event to recognize as "any user except" to be included into the exclusion list.

Daniel
                          Dont use the OMNI: trigger - just use the regular HS trigger that device changed. Only use the OMNI trigger if you want granular control over the user that armed/disarmed.

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	184
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1349539

Comment

What is your "Omni Omni Area Modes Area 1 (01)" ???? Trying to find something that has the arm night / day / vacation with disarm and cannot seem to find that device in my collection that I can set as arm / disarm / etc.

Looked through all of the homeseer and OP2 areas for consoles to see if one of them had the omni arm / disarm feature

Comment

What is the script code for the email body to pull data in to the email as to who armed / disarmed the system. is looks like you guys have by "$$DSR:824: $time $date or by $$DSR:1504: $time $date" in the email body

Comment

Working...
                              X