Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russound Audio Sources & Zones

Hello,
    I have a Russound CAV-6 system connected to my OmniPro system.
    Some time ago I had the audio sources & speaker zones as Homeseer-2 devices but I don't remember how.
    I seem to remember that some unit or flag numbers were taken over by the audio devices in the Omni system.
    Now I can't find the unit/flag #'s or whatever to monitor &/or control the sound system with Homeseer.
    Where are they ? Can I create HS devices for them or virtual devices to monitor the status?
    Thanks
    Paul
    BTW I love what you have done to the Plug in.

Ok, I think i've found them, Flags 65 to 76 & flags 81 to 116 are not able to be renamed.
    The flags "hijacked" by the audio setup reside somewhere in here I think.
    Since I cannot rename them, the plugin cannot find them.
    Is there any way to use, monitor or manipulate them via HS ?
    Thanks
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Pnord View Post
      Ok, I think i've found them, Flags 65 to 76 & flags 81 to 116 are not able to be renamed.
      The flags "hijacked" by the audio setup reside somewhere in here I think.
      Since I cannot rename them, the plugin cannot find them.
      Is there any way to use, monitor or manipulate them via HS ?
      Thanks
      Paul
      Interested to know if you have you been able to determine what conditions the flags represent? Could you please post the descriptions here so I can possibly use them inside the HAI automation script. Thanks!

Comment

I've been looking, everything above Flag 61, #453 appears unusable. Cannot rename most & the few that you can are not discovered by the Plug-in, PCAccess doesn't show or report the status of these, but they DO seem available for use in the "Automation" section although I'm not sure of their value since they cannot be manipulated or read. I suppose I could assign an Omni flag to each speaker, have HS run these flags & have PCAccess turn on the speaker(s) by monitoring the flag status but I was hoping for a more direct solution. (kinda running out of available flags, I'd hate to waste 12 for speakers & sources here)
        Thanks
        Paul

Comment

I see Blade has a Russound plug-in, I'll give that a try.

Comment

Here went with a mini serial server which worked OK for use with the Omnitouch screens and Homeseer Russound plugin (HS2 version).

It was still much slower than using the Russound keypads which were installed wherever there were Russound zoned speakers.

Slower (a crawl relating to response times) ==> HS serial plugin, Omnitouch screens (old and new). Fast and never replaced were the Russound digital keypads.

None the less here doesn't matter much on the speed as I rarely change the setttings that I use per source / zone of audio.
            Last edited by Pete; August 1, 2018, 08:24 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X