Omni loss of connection at 3:10 am - installed NEXX WT3020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni loss of connection at 3:10 am - installed NEXX WT3020

OmniPro II loses connection with Homeseer every day at about 3:10 am. This behavior is an ongoing problem . It use to be accompanied by a series of system resets shown in OmniPro II log also starting at 3:10 am. Reading through this forum I followed suggestion to installl NEXX WT3020 (thank you!!! ) which eliminated the resets in OmniPro II log.. Unfortunately I still experience panel disconnect at 3:10 am.. Is there some code I can add to automatically re-establish connection ? I am unclear why it is only at 3:10 am ? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I forgot to mention I previously added code to do clock sync a few times a day which was another suggestion from scanning this forum. This did not work. Thank you again for any suggestions.

Comment

Good news relating to the use of the micro travel router.

Curious how off your time is? The micro router should have allevated that some.

What is your time adjust setting in PCA?

You can tweak that number and use PCA to check the time every couple of days to adjust it without using the Omni plugin to sync time for a few days.

I did not know you were having resets of your panel. I have never seen that before. The network port issue would typically just cause the panel to be unresponsive and a manual warm boot or disconnection of the network port would fix this.

What OS are you running Homeseer 3 on? Windows or Linux?

The 3:10 AM disconnect is odd.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows) ... before micro router time was off about 5 minutes .. but then I added code for time sync twice a day which more or less eliminated any significant deviation. thanks.

Comment

Windows 10?

What is the PCA time adjustment set to? Have you adjusted it up or down?
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

HS3 Pro is running on Windows 10 . I am assuming what you are referring to as" PCA time adjustment" is the "clock adjustment" setting listed under Miscellaneous Settings in OmniPro ".PCA" file ... this clock adjustment setting is set to a value of "30" . Thanks for assistance.

Comment

Yes after I installed the micro router and not using time sync I readjusted the clock adjustment setting. It took a few days to check. Once adjusted it shouldn't go off sync by much.

It is an Omni Pro network device issue which has a direct effect on the serial bus of the Omni.

Do you see any other network disconnects happening at 3 AM on the Homeseer 3 logs or Windows Event logs?

What time have you scheduled for Windows updates?
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

looking at the time reading in controller and homeseer right now they match to the second so I do not believe this is a source of 3:10 am Omni connection disconnect issue. I should also mention this has been going on for months but only recently got a chance to read through forums and exhaust all suggestions (micro router, etc.) thanks for assistance.

Comment

Yeah don't think that the source of the disconnect is on the Omni Pro panel or the micro router. That said did you install OpenWRT on the microrouter.

By default (NeXX) it might be using some Chinese DNS servers.

Not sure how much throttling Windows updates do. Here last few days updated Windows 10 on 3 computers. Took over an hour for each one and about 3 reboots doing it all at one time. Are you seeing any rebooting in the Windows system event logs?
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yes i did install OpenWrt on micro router per suggestion on this forum. I just changed time for windows updates so I will see if that makes any difference tonight. Thanks for assistance.

Comment

Unfortunately Omni disconnect issue occurred again last night at 3:10am so does not appear related to Windows updates.

When disconnect occurs I go to Plug-ins / Manage and reenable Omni plug-in and reestablish connection .. is there an automated way I can do this? Thanks

Comment

When disconnect occurs I go to Plug-ins / Manage and reenable Omni plug-in and reestablish connection .. is there an automated way I can do this?

The plugin should not disconnect at all.You need to do a root cause analysis.You do not want to band aid fix this issue.

Enable debug unless you have it enabled already.

Clear the log this afternoon and check it tomorrow morning at the point where it disconnects and post a few lines here on the forum.

Also post here the few lines of the HS3 logs around 3 AM..you should see a plugin disconnect post around 3 AM on your HS3 logs.

Also check your Microsoft event logs for around the same period and look for any messages relating to a network disconnect.

Post those if you see any here.

On your OpenWRT router you can also have a look at the system logs there as it may show when HS3 Omni plugin disconnects.

Here last night updated the firmware on the Nexx microuter as it's been a while since installation.

Model : Nexx WT3020 (8M)
                        Architecture: MediaTek MT7620N ver:2 eco:6
                        Firmware Version :OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.228.31946-f64b152)
                        Kernel Version : 4.14.63

System details are a bit more granular with the new firmware which is now called LED/OpenWRT.

During the disconnect and reboot the Omni debug logs indicated the disconnect / resumption fine and fast.

9/4/2018 10:53:40 PM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Disconnected]
                        9/4/2018 10:53:39 PM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Retrying]
                        9/4/2018 10:53:32 PM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Connection Reset By Peer]
                        9/4/2018 10:53:28 PM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Retrying]
                        9/4/2018 10:53:19 PM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Retrying]
                        9/4/2018 10:53:12 PM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Retrying]
                        9/4/2018 10:53:07 PM [2] [CONNECTION STATUS: Retrying]
                        9/4/2018 10:51:52 PM [2] [Zone [13] Temperature-->75]

Are you seeing the same message with your disconnect happening at ~ 3 AM?

What other plugins are you running on the HS3 box?
                        Last edited by Pete; September 5, 2018, 07:17 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you for detailed response. Your suggestion about Windows updates got me thinking about what else is happening on my network (I have about 50 LAN devices) . Last night i turned off several of the most intensive networking devices including 2 mirrored NAS devices and reset did NOT occur. I will see over next few days if this appears temporary or permanent . I will report back . Thank you again for assistance and excellent suggestions.

Comment

Good news Curt.

Yeah I am not sure what would be using up the network pipe around 3 AM relating to the Homeseer 3 to network connection.

Are you doing any back ups of Homeseer 3 (directory or computer?).

Here network topology sort of like this:

1 - 3 24 port managed Gb switches plus 2 24 port unmanged switchs plus a few POE switches
                            2 - PFSense firewall router is using two WAN plus 3 LAN ports at this time (1 spare) dualb Intel Gb ports plus 1 Intel 4 port Gcard.
                            3 - Homeseer 3 X 2 boxes are Gb connected to one managed Gb switch
                            4 - OmniPro 2 ==> 1/2 duplex 10Mbs ==> NEXX box ==> Gb out to POE switch

There are no dependencies on the two Homeseer 3 boxes to the internet cloud for any plugins today.

I do not think there is any network traffic throttling / Network QOS going on with any traffic going in and out of the 100Mps RPi Network ports relating to anything that Homeseer is running or side applications on the RPi.

If using a managed switch to the NEXX microrouter you can measure the traffic on the managed switch ports easy peasy these days. You can do the same with your Homeseer 3 boxes. You can also measure the traffic using a network sniffer.

Using the OpenWRT GUI you can graph all of the in and out traffic OmniPro through the router. Typically here is is not much with CCTV cameras, Omnitouch screens, Omni Plugin and other software talking to the OmniPro panel.
                            Last edited by Pete; September 6, 2018, 04:38 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I experienced another OmniPro II connection drop yesterday. There is nothing in the Omni log but I see following messages in Homeseer log coinciding with loss of connection:

Sep-06 7:06:22 PM Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID 779XX.
                              Sep-06 7:06:22 PM Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
                              Sep-06 7:06:12 PM Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                              Sep-06 6:56:29 PM Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID 779XX.
                              Sep-06 6:56:29 PM Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
                              Sep-06 6:56:19 PM Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
                              Sep-06 6:55:59 PM Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID 779XX.
                              Sep-06 6:55:59 PM Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
                              Sep-06 6:55:41 PM Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Comment

Working...
                              X