Constantly Needing To Reboot Homeseer For OMNI To Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News Robert!

I do not think a reset of your Zee2 will help. Homeseer 3 lite (Zee2) is a very simple set up.

I am confident you will be fine in the new year.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Pro - V4.0.9.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

• I have been reading this thread since I have periodic issues with connection. If I set up a subnet for my homeseer box and the omni panel, won't all of the other devices which the panel communicates with over the internet need to be on that subnet as well? (I realize I could use port forwarding on the public address but that won't work with some types of devices an example being SONOS).

Comment

• Yes.

My Omnitouch 5.7e and IP CCTV devices are on the same subnet...via the router such that the external interface is in the main LAN and the OmniPro 2 panel sits in a LAN inside all by itself. I port forward 80, 43xx and 22 (ssh). 80 is used on the WAN port for router management. 43XX is used for access to the OmniPro ethernet port.

So I configure the OP2 ethernet devices to talk to the WAN IP port on the router which is the same as the old IP was on the OP2. The IP configuration on the OP2 ethernet port is one IP in the new LAN inside piece of the router. So all you have to change is the IP address of the OP2 panel and not all of the connecting devices. Also Snaplink, OmniTouch Pro screens and the Homeseer Omni Plugin.

The OP2 port is very promiscous and it wall see everything on the LAN whether it is on the same subnet or a different subnet.

Putting a router in place you are doing a layer 3 / layer 2 change. IE: the inside ethernet port on the router is connecting fine at 1/2 duplex 10Mbs to the OP2. You are doing NAT here for one IP address.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Pro - V4.0.9.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X