X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really don't think it's a memory issue:

running command free -m

...................total used free shared buffers cached

Mem:...........925........478........447.........13......... 48............157

-/+ buffers/cache: 271 654
    Swap: 99 0 99

50% available memory is free. After a restart it has about 650K free and after some time memory leaks, I presume, gobble up a bit more.

The folks at HomeSeer were nice enough to send out a new microSD card with the latest OS installed and ready to go. I presume this is as simple as installing the new card and restoring from my backup config file to bring back the Zwave network and all else? But, I have learned nothing is ever simple...

Failing this, maybe it's the hardware itself... We'll see mSD card due next week.

Comment

Just catching up here, been a while. I am experiencing the same probably that started this initial post. Every few weeks I need to restart my homeseer. I can control devices directly from Omni, but not via Alexa or homeseer. I simply restart homeseer and everything is fine.

Comment

I'm still looking into this. I'm working on a reliable way to replicate this on my system.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here running HS3 V.449 on two HS3 boxes and Omni Plugin V 3.0.2.18 on same said two boxes.

I have had no disconnects and have not touched the boxes now in a couple of months other than to update the OS stuff such that I have not followed the posts here much lately.

- Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Same here. Mine runs for weeks without disconnecting. I'm trying to see if I can cut the power on the intermediate 10/100 hub to simulate a disconnect.

Comment

I continue to experience a disconnect every other day. I attribute it to my internet which can go off and back on for no apparent reason.

However may I ask if there is there an easier way to find out that the disconnect has happened other than asking Alexa to do something and she doesn't get thru to the Omni and nothing happens from the request??

BTW I am holding of from .18 because .17 works great for dimming my UPB LED lights.

Comment

Mason I see you have Zwave. I also have it on 4 locks and 4 dimmer modules. Suddenly my Zwave Network went away and the Vizia RF installer tool wont play with my PC.

So I want to consider using the HS2 plug in but would like to go to a forum section on it first. Can you direct me there?

Comment

Pete rmasonjr

Still at it guys... Just for fun, I connected the Zee via WiFi. The Zee connects just fine but, the Omni plugin will not connect to the Omni Panel while on WiFi. What's up with that?
                  I power it down and go back to Ethernet and the plugin connects to the panel just fine. That is, until is disconnects which happened almost immediately. I was anxious to get the WiFi running to see if there was some fluky with the Ethernet NIC. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by raprap View Post
                    Pete rmasonjr

Still at it guys... Just for fun, I connected the Zee via WiFi. The Zee connects just fine but, the Omni plugin will not connect to the Omni Panel while on WiFi. What's up with that?
                    I power it down and go back to Ethernet and the plugin connects to the panel just fine. That is, until is disconnects which happened almost immediately. I was anxious to get the WiFi running to see if there was some fluky with the Ethernet NIC. Any ideas?
                    As long as your Zee WiFi is on the same subnet as the panel, there should be no problams connecting.
                    I'm still working on making the plugin reconnect after a disconnect. Overall, I do not think you'll be happy with it as the plugin will simply reconnect over-and-over-and-over.
                    You're almost guaranteed to miss events from/to the panel since it will be in a constant state of reconnecting.

I should have it ready after the first of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

As long as your Zee WiFi is on the same subnet as the panel, there should be no problams connecting.
                      I'm still working on making the plugin reconnect after a disconnect. Overall, I do not think you'll be happy with it as the plugin will simply reconnect over-and-over-and-over.
                      You're almost guaranteed to miss events from/to the panel since it will be in a constant state of reconnecting.

I should have it ready after the first of the year.
                      I do not disagree with you, Rob. When this first started to act up it was very infrequent and auto reconnect made sense. Now, the frequency of disconnects is out of control. I leave the plugin disconnected out of service. As long as there is an option to en/disable the auto reconnect it may well be useful for some users. The fact that my disconnect rate is/has become much more frequent it leads me to believe that there is some hardware issue that is getting worse over time or some other software corruption. Better if it would just die.

The WiFI and Ethernet are all part of the main router and subnet 10.0.0.xxx. The panel is on a different router/subnet and was suggested by Pete 10.0.1.xxx with port forwarding to 4369. SnapLink connects fine, Zee connects fine when on Ethernet. I didn't have much time to fool with it, I'll try again but just doesn't make sense.

I see this error in the Zee log from time to time. Looks like this is coming from the plugin.
                      Dec-20 11:10:23 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in OMNI
                      Dec-20 11:10:06 AM Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                      Dec-20 11:10:05 AM Info Plugin OMNI with instance: has disconnected
                      Dec-20 11:10:05 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: OMNI
                      I have a new mSD card with the current Zee image on it. I have been holding off installing it until I exhaust all other potential issues. Trying to connect and observe with WiFi is the last.

Comment

Originally posted by raprap View Post

I do not disagree with you, Rob. When this first started to act up it was very infrequent and auto reconnect made sense. Now, the frequency of disconnects is out of control. I leave the plugin disconnected out of service. As long as there is an option to en/disable the auto reconnect it may well be useful for some users. The fact that my disconnect rate is/has become much more frequent it leads me to believe that there is some hardware issue that is getting worse over time or some other software corruption. Better if it would just die.

The WiFI and Ethernet are all part of the main router and subnet 10.0.0.xxx. The panel is on a different router/subnet and was suggested by Pete 10.0.1.xxx with port forwarding to 4369. SnapLink connects fine, Zee connects fine when on Ethernet. I didn't have much time to fool with it, I'll try again but just doesn't make sense.

I see this error in the Zee log from time to time. Looks like this is coming from the plugin.
                        Dec-20 11:10:23 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in OMNI
                        Dec-20 11:10:06 AM Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                        Dec-20 11:10:05 AM Info Plugin OMNI with instance: has disconnected
                        Dec-20 11:10:05 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: OMNI
                        I have a new mSD card with the current Zee image on it. I have been holding off installing it until I exhaust all other potential issues. Trying to connect and observe with WiFi is the last.
                        That error is from the manage plugins page. It's trying to communicate with a plugin and not getting a response. It's likely trying to communicate with OMNI.

Comment

Not sure if WiFi will help in your situation. It'll work but WiFi can be problematic to due propagation issues.

If Homeseer stays connected but the Omni Plugin disconnects then I wouldn't think you have a hardware issue.

For kicks disconnect / disable myhomeseer dot com references or dependencies (for a bit too Alexa) and see what happens.

- Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Not sure if WiFi will help in your situation. It'll work but WiFi can be problematic to due propagation issues.

If Homeseer stays connected but the Omni Plugin disconnects then I wouldn't think you have a hardware issue.

For kicks disconnect / disable myhomeseer dot com references or dependencies (for a bit too Alexa) and see what happens.
                            Never did get the WiFi set up to work. Did try and disabled MyHS, there was really no change other than no more more warnings:
                            Warning Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection.
                            Last ditch effort... I installed the new mSD sent to me by HomeSeer. Installed the card and booted up the system. The cleanest start up log I have ever seen, no warnings and no errors including start up of Zwave interface and the OMNI plugin.

The plugin stayed connect for about 26 hours! Then, the dreaded disconnect.
                            I restarted the plugin only this morning and about two hours later it disconnected. Whatever is happening, I don't know, but once it goes south it's not ever going to get better.

A by product of setting up the new mSD card system is that I cannot access the Linux Tools nor can I SSH into the server due to username/pwd errors.

I guess I need to try the :911 recovery procedure but that's new territory for me.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

Merry Christmas to you and your Family!!
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete rmasonjr

Success! Thanks to you both... The key was moving the Omni Panel to a subnet as Pete suggested and to move the Zee to the same subnet. It did not help at all to have the panel only the subnet. The conundrum is to understand why. After moving only the panel to the subnet problems persisted with very frequent disconnects. Somewhere after problems began my ISP (Comcast) forced a changeover to a new "EPON" fiber optic modem/gateway/router. The device delivers all CATV digitally over cable or WiFi. The main CATV box is WiFi to the router for all media to the TV, no cable. This all may be an aside because trouble occurred before the changeover. The current working topology with no disconnects (fingers crossed) is:

INTERNET

Comcast Modem/Router

Dynex 10/100mbs hub

/ \
                                Cisco E3200 Router | OMNI Notifier Board
                                (Configured to establish a subnet)

/ \
                                OMNI PANEL | HT Zee S2

I tried the following as I wanted to have all my net equipment in a closet and not hanging off the Panel
                                There is only one ethernet cable running to the panel.
                                This did not work for reasons unknown

INTERNET

Comcast Modem/Router

Cisco E3200 Router
                                (Configured to establish a subnet)

Dynex 10/100mbs hub

​​​​​​​/ | \
                                OMNI PANEL | HT Zee S2 | Omni Notifier Board

There were all kinds of connection issues and the plugin was having a hard time getting data throughput from the panel. I suspect a lot of collisions on the hub that it could not handle. Also. the Notifier Board was unable to send messages. From PCA no trouble seeing it or configuring it but, no messages. If I can find a 10/1000 switch that just may be what's need for the latter configuration to work.

I should also point out the prior to setting this up I did a clean install with a new 16gb mSD card from HS. It made no difference. Except, now I have no access to linux tools and cannot SSH to the panel regardless of any of the user/pwd combinations that I have set up in HS3.

BIG learning experience for me. All seems pretty easy now...

Anyone use the port 911 to reset user/pwd? Is it pretty clean or a train wreck waiting to happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X