Alexa never discovers Homeseer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa never discovers Homeseer.

I'm at a loss. For the past month, Alexa can't discover any Homeseer devices. I have restarted Homeseer, Disabled and Enabled the Plug-In as well as the Homeseer skills. I can't figure it out and it happened out of nowhere. I have reached out to Amazon with no solution and maybe someone here has had the same issue and resolution.

Thanks,

Jason

I am having the same issue. I cant discover HomeSeer devices but I can discover my Amazon Ring devices. I have also spoken to Amazon and they stated if you can discover other devices such as RING devices it is not an Amazon issue.

Comment

I also have Ring and that is discovered as well. When I get the chance, I might disable all skills and just have Homeseer enabled and see if that works.

Comment

Yesterday I decided to upgrade the skill to V3 (Homeseer Home automation Skill) and that is when I could not discover any HomeSeer devices. The problem is the old skill is not available anymore so I can go back. You would think if HomeSeer was working on a problem they would flag this as an issue. I tried what you stated I disabled all skills that are working I have the same issue.

Comment

Ok. Guess no need to try that. Alexa has not been working for me for over a month. I wrote on the boards then but assume nobody was experiencing the issue. Maybe we can get some ideas to try.

Jason

Comment

According to HomeSeer status alexa is operational.

http://status.homeseer.com/

Comment

Can you guys connect to your HS3 instance using the myHomeSeer web site? If so try unckecking all voice commands and then enable a couple of lights and see if these will discover. If this fails you should put in a help desk request using support@homeseer.com to see if support can get you going.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There are other threads on the board about this problem. Nothing seems to be happenning in relation to sorting it out.

Comment

This ended up being my mistake logging into an old Amazon Alexa account using the user id and password from along time ago. When I setup the new V3 HomeSeer Smarthome I used the old login data. I need a password manager. It wasn't until my wife tried to login to Amazon for an order that we realized we were using an old account. This may not make sense but I an backup and operational.

Comment

That's great you found your issue. I only have one Amazon account so that is not happening for me. I put in a support ticket.

Comment

I put in a ticket over a week ago but never heard anything back.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X