Omnipro II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omnipro II

I'm a new user. Where do I find set up guide for connecting homeseer to omnipro II?

Install the Omni Plugin to your HS3 software via the GUI.

1 - go to the plugins / manage page
    2 - update listing on the bottom
    3 - additional interfaces / security / Omni Plugin - check the box for the Omni Plugin

Click image for larger version  Name:	security interfaces.jpg Views:	1 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	1260052

4 - download and install the Omni Plugin -

Click image for larger version  Name:	downloadinstall.jpg Views:	1 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	1260053

5 - Omni Plugin will be in trial mode and disabled

6 - enable plugin and configure it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	panel2.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1260077

xxxx
    Last edited by Pete; November 17, 2018, 12:29 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks. How do you determine which port the omni panel is using?

Comment

John,

The Omni Plugin connects via IP only. The Homeseer 2 Omni Pro plugin connected via a serial port on the panel.

What model number of Omni Panel are you using?

The Omni Plugin works with any Omni Panel with an ethernet inteface.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Here is a chart of Omni panel boards and their specifications.

Name:	Leviton OmniCompare.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1260138
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

It's and OmniPro II. The serial connection on the Omnipro panel looks like it takes an rj11 connector, so I assume I need to get a usb to rj11 adapter. Also, as I am now understanding, a computer connected via serial means it needs to be permanently connected for ongoing functioning. Am I correct?

Comment

Just now wondering, is the HomeSeer controller what is supposed to be directly connected to the Omni panel via serial connection?

Comment

Thank you John.

First OmniPro II panels circa late 1990's did not have an ethernet port.

The RJ11-12 (uses all 6 pins) is a serial port.

First Homeseer automation software version 1.X and version 2.X came with an HAI Omni Pro plugin which connected to the Omni panel via a serial port back in the early 2000's.

The Homeseer 3 Omni Plugin uses the Omni ethernet port to speak to the Omni Panel.

HAI PC Access management software talks to the Omni panel via ethernet or serial.

The Homeseer 3 Omni Plugin talks to the Omni panel only via Ethernet port on the panel.

I have seen newer Omni panels with ethernet ports on Ebay used for reasonable prices. I see a new Omni LTe for around $500 which is a good price.

Found on Ebay a first generation with ethernet OmniPro 2 starting at ~$ 200.00. It is worth maybe $200.
                These panels last forever. Listing # 13378674410.

It doesn't come with a power supply or can makes it worth less than $200. (and probably old firmware).

Make an offer. It is used even though it states condition new.

Click image for larger version  Name:	omnipro2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.7 KB ID:	1260167
                Last edited by Pete; November 17, 2018, 07:30 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I suspect you may be on the wrong track. I would forget the OmniPro II serial capabilities and just use the Ethernet jack found near the top of your main panel (see diagram). You don't need any converters, just a standard Ethernet cable that you run to an empty slot on your router or Ethernet switch.

Name:	2018-11-17_16-22-56.gif
Views:	691
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1260171
                  Attached Files

Comment

That is already my setup. Don't understand why I'm not able to connect.

Comment

Yes; assumption was that you had an old generation Omni Pro 2 panel which did not have an ethernet port.

You have a second generation OmniPro 2 panel with 3 serial ports plus one X10 port and upgradable firmware chips.

Just copy the IP and keys over to your Omni Plugin panel configuration as shown above.

You can see the IP address and keys using a keypad. Ping the IP from the Homeseer 3 box to validate it.

After putting in the IP and keys disable the plugin. Then enable the plugin and it should connect fine.

Look at your Homeseer logs and you should see it connect.

Copy and paste the Homeseer logs here when enabling the plugin.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

The assumption here is that you have the PCA for dealers software and that the panel is connected to an ethernet switch and has been programmed and configured for Ethernet.

Note to program or make changes to the Omni Pro 2 panel you will need a copy of PCA (PC Access) for dealer version.

Leviton PC Access Software for Dealers

You will also need the programming 4 digit code to program or access IP address and key code unless you already have these written down.

The old Snaplink configuration has the key code configuration.

Default code is 1111 unless it has been changed.

The Homeseer 3 Omni Plugin does not program the Omni Pro 2 panel.

It uses the programming in the firmware of the panel for alarm status and enabling alarm et al.

I have attached the installation manual for your OmniPro 2 panel.

Ideally too you will want to upgrade the firmware on your panel to current revision.

Leviton OmniPro II Security & Automation Upgrade Chip
                        Attached Files
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I have PC Access End User Edition.

Comment

Yes you can only see the Omni Pro configuration with the end user PCA. To make changes you ned the installer version.

You can see the Firmware level revision of the chips you have via the end user PCA.

What version of firmware are you using?

Note this is only piece of it. You can just utilize the Omni Plugin to read the OmniPro configuration as it is with the zones, units et al. You do not have to touch the configuration on the OmniPro panel if you are OK with the way it is. It is just recommended if you want to add more sensors or lighting et al.

What hardware do you have connected to the Omni Pro panel?
                            Do you have any OmniTouch screens (legacy serial or new IP?)

Are you using X10, UPB, Zigbee or ZWave lighting controllers with your panel?

What type of light switches do you have?

Was the panel installed by a HAI dealer or did you DIY your panel installation?
                            Is it connected to a alarm service via Telephone line?

Do you have the installer code which is different than the user codes of the panel?
                            You need the installer code along with the PCA for dealers to program the panel.
                            Sometimes it is written inside of the HAI can? Some alarm dealers just keep this code and never give it to the user.

There is no reset methodologies of the installer code if you do not know it.

The panel would have to be removed and sent to Leviton for repair or reset of the installer code.

With the installer code you can utilize a keypad and see the IP and keys this way as per installation document PDF posted above.

Let's do this first:

1 - post the IP of your panel here ===>

2 - ping the IP address of your panel to validate it.

3 - write down the two keys used for your network access.

Let me know when you have done this and we can move on to the next steps.

We will go baby steps here one step at a time.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I want to express my thanks for your assistance. For some reason I don't understand, I was able to connect homeseer to my Omni panel over last weekend. I know seem to be on my way. Again, thanks for your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X