Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start from scratch

Hi all!

For the past 4 months I can’t get Alexa and Homeseer to work together and discover devices. I have posted on several occasions with no solution. I would like to know the best approach to start from scratch with Alexa and Honeseer so I could get the two working together again.

Thanks,

Jason

The best writeup on this is from Leviton:
    http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-5146/version/7
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Won't that just use the info I already have?

Comment

Originally posted by serky View Post
        Won't that just use the info I already have?
        I'm not following you - what info do you already have?

Do you have an Alexa Account?
        Do you have a myhs account?
        Dod you enable the Smart Home Skill? (not that the document above focuses on the Smart Home Skill)
        Finally, are all of your OMNI devices working and have good names and/or Voice Commands?

Comment

Yes, I have all that setup. I’m the person that can’t get Alexa to discover devices any longer. Everything used. To work fine and then it stopped. I have been trying for months for a solution and can’t find one. That is why I asked his I can start from scratch.

Comment

If Alexa will not discover devices, then your connection between Alexa and HS might be unlinked.

Can you disable the skill and reenable and enter your myhs login/pw info?

Comment

it is definitely linked. it discovers the TSTATS and one lock, and a few of the example devices.

Comment

ok - in HS, go into the OMNI plugin and select the Units you want to control. Click the checkbox next to the units.
                Note that only Named Units will be available for controlling.
                Now go back and rediscover your devices in Alexa.

Comment

Yes. Had all the ones I want turned on. They have been all these months. I even tried turning off and back on with no discovery.

Comment

I turned off the TSTATS, disabled the skill, enabled but they still show up. In Alexa app they state server unavailable.

So, my system certainly does not update and therefore not getting any devices discovered.

Comment

There is definitely something wrong between Alexa and HS. Usually, disabling the skill and re-enabling fixes it.
                      The only other thing you can try is to change your myhs password and check the Alexa app. It should report a username/password issue.
                      Disable/reenable the skill and use the new myhs login info.

Comment

yes, that is something you suggested months ago and it didn't solve the issue. all these occurrences made me ask how to start from scratch. i deleted omni and added it back as well. maybe i could try to delete and add back with a clean install and a new license?

Comment

Te remove OMNI:
                          Shut down the plugin by going to the Manage Plugins page in HS and turn it off.
                          Search your HS3 folder for any files that contain OMNI or HAI - remove them.
                          Remove all OMNI devices from HS.
                          Restart HS.
                          Go into the Plugins and download the OMNI plugin. Dont worry about licensing until you get up and running.
                          Configure your OMNI panel and restart the OMNI plugin.
                          Verify that your OMNI panel is connected and you are able to control devices from HS.
                          Go into Alexa and discover devices.

I really dont think this will resolve your issue, but this will 'reset' your OMNI installation.
                          You have something going on between Alexa and HS.

Comment

How do I remove the Omni or HAI files? I’m on a Mac if that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by serky View Post
                              How do I remove the Omni or HAI files? I’m on a Mac if that matters.
                              Is homeseer running on your Mac? Or are you running a zee or other hometroller?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X