Alexa Question - Lock and Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Question - Lock and Alarm

I have Alexa working well with my OMNIPRO II and Homeseer. Alexa sees all of my z-wave units and buttons, I can control them via Alexa. I am struggling with two issues. First Alexa only sees one of my two kwikset locks (homeseer shows both) and I can't figure out how to allow Alexa to set my alarm. Don't see any device in Alexa that I can attribute to my alarm system. Any ideas of what I am missing? Thanks.

I would create a virtual device that has a simple ON/OFF control. Name it "House Alarm".
    Test it out in Alexa and make sure you can turn it ON/OFF with "Alexa, Turn On the House Alarm"
    Once that works, then create 2 events. One is triggered when that virtual device turns ON. Give it an action of OMNI: Arm/Disarm.
    Do the same for the virtual device turning OFF.

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks. Will give it a try, although not sure how to create a virtual device, but I can create a button to do the same. Will pass on the off option for security reasons, but like the idea of arming it at night with Alexa. Maybe even a goodnight routine that arms alarm, locks door and turns off selected lights. I do that now with an Omni script when I arm the system, now want to do it verbally.

Comment

Created a button called OMNI Security which sets the OMNI to "Night". Worked perfectly. Oddly in the process, the second door lock now appears in Alexa. Can't explain that one, but happy it is there.

Comment

Working...
        X