Adding and controlling Z wave devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding and controlling Z wave devices

I have a Zee2 talking to an Omni II e via the plugin. I have a number of UPB dimmers and can program the Zee to control them by directing the Omni. I have also added some Z-wave devices, which are controlled by the Zee directly. The Omni cannot control them directly like it does the UPB devices because it does not have its own Z wave interface; it would have to tell the Zee to control them.
    How do I make the Zee communicate with the Omni about the Z wave devices like it does the UPB devices? I have added the Z wave devices to the Omni using PC access by giving them a name but they show up as separate devices in Homeseer.

How do I make the Zee communicate with the Omni about the Z wave devices like it does the UPB devices?

You can sort of using a Leviton VRCop ZWave PIM and the Homeseer 3 ZWave PIM.

Only thing is that there is no intercommunications between the two ZWave controllers and your OmniPro will not do wireless ZWave devices (except for door locks).

I did this using Homeseer 3 ZWave tools sending the HS3 ZWave network to the VRCOP and Samsung Smartthings.

Note that while the devices are the same they are separate networks.

Omni Pro / Homeseer 3 also have connected UPB PIMs and X10 PIMs. Both talk to each other sort of using powerline transport here.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have a similar situation with an Omni and HS3Pi: UPB and X10 devices controlled directly from the Omni, and a couple Zwave devices controlled by the HS3Pi and Zwave Smartstick. No way to control Zwave devices directly from Omni, but it should be possible to do it indirectly using flags on the Omni side and events triggered by those flags on the HS3 side? I have not tried this, but maybe that could do what you want?

I am assuming you want to use Omni programming to control Zwave devices, otherwise, why involve the Omni at all? In my very simple case, Christmas lights are controlled by Omni program, most are X10. I used Link Devices in HS3 Plugin setup to link the few ZWave plugins to the Omni X10 device, so all go on and off together when the Omni program switches the X10s.

Comment

Originally posted by Jfree23 View Post
        I have a similar situation with an Omni and HS3Pi: UPB and X10 devices controlled directly from the Omni, and a couple Zwave devices controlled by the HS3Pi and Zwave Smartstick. No way to control Zwave devices directly from Omni, but it should be possible to do it indirectly using flags on the Omni side and events triggered by those flags on the HS3 side? I have not tried this, but maybe that could do what you want?

I am assuming you want to use Omni programming to control Zwave devices, otherwise, why involve the Omni at all? In my very simple case, Christmas lights are controlled by Omni program, most are X10. I used Link Devices in HS3 Plugin setup to link the few ZWave plugins to the Omni X10 device, so all go on and off together when the Omni program switches the X10s.
        Sounds like that might work but is a little complicated. I was hoping I could just add a z-wave device to the Omni list of devices and give it whatever address the Zee had so the Zee would know it was the same device just like the Zee imports the UPB devices.

Comment

I have something in the works for this, just waiting for a few tweaks from Rob. Once it's all finalized, I'll let you know.

Comment

I was hoping I could just add a z-wave device to the Omni list of devices and give it whatever address the Zee had so the Zee would know it was the same device just like the Zee imports the UPB devices.

Well you do as bjhampe describes linking the Omni ZWave unit (same number) to a same number Homeseer Zwave device.

Personally this is the first time I have tried this and it worked fine except the the on and last level thing.

Just tested here linking one OP2 ZWave device to same ID Homeseer ZWave device.

Note the above where I mentioned sending the ZWave network from Homeseer to the Omni Panel such that the Leviton VRCOP has the same network as Homeseer ZWave contoller. Not using flags here but a like for like device link.

Off - works fine
            Dim - works fine
            On - turns on last level

Linking the Homeseer ZWave device to the OP2 ZWave device
            Off - works fine
            Dim - works fine
            On - works fine
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
              I have something in the works for this, just waiting for a few tweaks from Rob. Once it's all finalized, I'll let you know.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                I was hoping I could just add a z-wave device to the Omni list of devices and give it whatever address the Zee had so the Zee would know it was the same device just like the Zee imports the UPB devices.

Well you do as bjhampe describes linking the Omni ZWave unit (same number) to a same number Homeseer Zwave device.

Personally this is the first time I have tried this and it worked fine except the the on and last level thing.

Just tested here linking one OP2 ZWave device to same ID Homeseer ZWave device.

Note the above where I mentioned sending the ZWave network from Homeseer to the Omni Panel such that the Leviton VRCOP has the same network as Homeseer ZWave contoller. Not using flags here but a like for like device link.

Off - works fine
                Dim - works fine
                On - turns on last level

Linking the Homeseer ZWave device to the OP2 ZWave device
                Off - works fine
                Dim - works fine
                On - works fine
                You are much more advanced than I am. I don't have a Leviton VRCOP and don't know how to link "the Omni ZWave unit (same number) to a same number Homeseer Zwave device." But thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X