Omni IIe Units and Outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni IIe Units and Outputs

The five defaut outputs on the panel show up as "units" that are dimmable in HomeSeer.

Shouldn't these be on the "Output" tab?
    65 (OUT1) OPN H2O Main Output 0 / OFF
    66 (OUT2) CLS H2O Main Output 0 / OFF
    67 (OUT3) Relay#3 Output 0 / OFF
    68 (OUT4) Relay #4 Output 0 / OFF
    69 (OUT5) WatV CLSDLED Output 0 / OFF

The Output tab shows:
    Basic Panel Outputs
    # Annotation Name Type Status HS Device
    385 (EX1) Output OFF
    386 (EX1) Output OFF
    387 (EX1) Output OFF
    388 (EX1) Output OFF
    389 (EX1) Output OFF
    390 (EX1) Output OFF
    391 (EX1) Output OFF
    392 (EX1) Output OFF
    By default, the panel supports outputs as unit numbers 385 to 392. You must tell the plugin which outputs you want to track in HS.
    -----------

Not sure what these refer to. Are these for a different panel?

Don't know why there is a reference to units in the outputs. It is just outputs and they are defined starting at #385 and are not controllable like like light units.

When I create a Homeseer device from an output still see the #385 unless I rename it.

In PCA they are also referred to as #385 and OUT1 and Unit 385. That said you cannot control unit 385 as a lamp or appliance device.

Delete HS3 created devices 65 to 69. This looks like the HS3 DB got scrambled a bit. Somewhere there HS3 wrote over light units 65 to 69 with outputs.

1 - disable outputs on the tab
    2 - delete the created outputs (including number 65 to 69)
    3 - enable define outputs on the tabbed configuration stuff.
    4 - the HAI omni Plugin will create new HS devices defined as outputs with number references 385 up.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete I never looked at the outputs until yesterday and only created one HS device today to monitor the status. That's when I saw the dimmable switch be created in HS.

But, but... the OPIIe shows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1270947

The outputs on the panel are 065 - 074. User definable through 072. I have never seen any reference to 385...etc

I would presume the plugin to replicate what the panel has unless 065 - 072 are mapped to 385 - 392 for some reason?

Comment

Ahh...it must be different on the Omni IIe than the Omni Pro 2.

So really the firmware on the Omni IIe is different than the firmware on the Omni Pro.

I've attached the installation manual for the OPIIe which you probably already have.

CONTROLLER OUTPUTS

The Omni IIe provides 8 programmable hardwired voltage outputs and two horn voltage outputs. These outputs are
        programmable for the following output types:

• General Purpose low voltage switching applications (12 VDC) - Units 65 - 72
        • Sounder triggering (a trigger for siren and voice drivers for BURG and FIRE)
        • Communicator outputs (radio, cellular, or any other type of auxiliary communicator)
        • 'ARMED' and 'OK TO ARM' outputs
        • Switched Output (to power smoke detectors and cycle power to latching devices)

Outputs 1 - 8 can supply a maximum of 100 mA each. These outputs are included in the total DEVICES load, which cannot
        exceed 1A. If the Interior or Exterior Sounder is configured to an Output Type, the HORN outputs can supply a maximum of
        1A. HORN outputs are included in the total HORNS load, which can not exceed 1A.

Rob also has an Omni Pro 2. The plugin see's the different panel types but looks to be assuming that units 65-72 are light units rather than outputs.
        Here too I assumed that the OPIIe firmware was the same as the Omni Pro II and just disabled some features available on the OmniPro 2.

yes

Apologies I am only familiar with my two Omni Pro 2 boards and only have installed and programmed these for friends and relatives.

Please let Rob know about this. This will be a minor correction to current version of the Omni Plugin relating to your OPIIe panel.

PK-93404-10-B0-0A-W.pdf
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Exactly what you said. The plugin detects the panel type (IIe) but is not managing some of the differences. I presume Rob monitors these threads but just in case rmasonjr

And using the following output types (with nothing wired)
          'ARMED' and 'OK TO ARM' outputs

Is a great quick and dirty way to determine in HS when the panel is armed or not (without knowing the mode it's armed in). Something that I want to do but cannot figure out in the plugin anything that represent the panel's armed state. I've tried events on one of the zone values but no luck and no time to play with it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Ahh...it must be different on the Omni IIe than the Omni Pro 2.

So really the firmware on the Omni IIe is different than the firmware on the Omni Pro.

I've attached the installation manual for the OPIIe which you probably already have.

CONTROLLER OUTPUTS

The Omni IIe provides 8 programmable hardwired voltage outputs and two horn voltage outputs. These outputs are
          programmable for the following output types:

• General Purpose low voltage switching applications (12 VDC) - Units 65 - 72
          • Sounder triggering (a trigger for siren and voice drivers for BURG and FIRE)
          • Communicator outputs (radio, cellular, or any other type of auxiliary communicator)
          • 'ARMED' and 'OK TO ARM' outputs
          • Switched Output (to power smoke detectors and cycle power to latching devices)

Outputs 1 - 8 can supply a maximum of 100 mA each. These outputs are included in the total DEVICES load, which cannot
          exceed 1A. If the Interior or Exterior Sounder is configured to an Output Type, the HORN outputs can supply a maximum of
          1A. HORN outputs are included in the total HORNS load, which can not exceed 1A.

Rob also has an Omni Pro 2. The plugin see's the different panel types but looks to be assuming that units 65-72 are light units rather than outputs.
          Here too I assumed that the OPIIe firmware was the same as the Omni Pro II and just disabled some features available on the OmniPro 2.

yes

Apologies I am only familiar with my two Omni Pro 2 boards and only have installed and programmed these for friends and relatives.

Please let Rob know about this. This will be a minor correction to current version of the Omni Plugin relating to your OPIIe panel.

PK-93404-10-B0-0A-W.pdf

Comment

Here for the old HAI Homeseer 2 plugin used the following status:

HAI_system - security status - Armed Night Delayed

Panel Status: Armed Night Delayed

For the Omni Plugin use:

Omni Area Mode - In House - Arm Night Delayed

Front Door - Armed - Secure

You can also configure an automation line to trigger a flag when alarm is enabled.

Happy New Year!!

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Interesting. No such equivalent that I can see in Omni System HS devices created by the plugin. Maybe another OPIIpro v OPIIe panels?

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Here for the old HAI Homeseer 2 plugin used the following status:

HAI_system - security status - Armed Night Delayed

Panel Status: Armed Night Delayed

For the Omni Plugin use:

Omni Area Mode - In House - Arm Night Delayed

Front Door - Armed - Secure

You can also configure an automation line to trigger a flag when alarm is enabled.

Happy New Year!!

Comment

I would then maybe just create a flag in the OPIIe automation lines section relating to alarm status maybe?

Read here for some examples you can try:

HAI Programming
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I've never seen this before. I checked the code and it literally requests HAC.Units from the panel and that is what is returned.
                  Do you have any expansion panels?
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Greetings and Happy New Year!

No expansion panels only Notifier Board. The digital outputs (some) are wired to an HAI relay board that drives a water valve and an indicator light. That's it. The screen shot is from PCA output configuration section.

I fear that there are more differences between the OPIIpro and OPIIe than presumed. My panel firmware is 4.0B.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    I've never seen this before. I checked the code and it literally requests HAC.Units from the panel and that is what is returned.
                    Do you have any expansion panels?

Comment

On the main plugin config page, do you have any of the expansion boards selected? The reason I ask is that those annotations in the screenshot are showing EX1, etc

Comment

No EX selected. To be sure, I checked and restarted the plug-in. Still shows same as screen shot.
                        On the main plugin config page, do you have any of the expansion boards selected? The reason I ask is that those annotations in the screenshot are showing EX1, etc

Comment

Does plugin 3.0.0.20 resolve the OPIIe panel output issue in this thread? rmasonjr

Comment

Originally posted by raprap View Post
                            Does plugin 3.0.0.20 resolve the OPIIe panel output issue in this thread? rmasonjr
                            No - there were no changes related to outputs in this version.
                            Did you try ticking the Expansion #1 checkbox? Those EX1 indicate an expansion panel with outputs.

Comment

No - there were no changes related to outputs in this version.
                              Did you try ticking the Expansion #1 checkbox? Those EX1 indicate an expansion panel with outputs.
                              Rob, check back to 3-Jan posts this thread. No expansion panels selected, then I tried to select and restart the plug-in with no change.

Maybe by design, Outputs with the OPIIe panel are just units?
                              Don't understand what the Outputs are (385+) though.

Comment

Working...
                              X