Omni Time Sync?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni Time Sync?

Is there a programmatic way to sync the Omni's time? Is this something that the Omni for HS3 plug-in can do? I have seen reference to a "time checker" program but not aware of what that might be.

I am aware of the HAI email notifier board and I actually have a couple of these on a couple of panels but wondering if there is another way to solve this problem if all I am needing is time sync. All of my setups have HS3Pro and the Omni for HS3 plug-in so anyway to do time sync other than the notifier board?

Thanks,
    Glenn

The Omni Plugin will do time sync.

1 - shut down the Omni Plugin and

2 - edit the HAI.ini file here ==>

[config]
    hai_port=4369
    hai_protocol=TCP
    useMySQL=False
    useTimeSynch=False

3 - change

useTimeSynch=True

4 - enable the plugin.

The issue with the network port causing a time sync problem. This is what led me to using the micro router.

I do not have any time sync issues at this time.

What are you running Homeseer 3 on?

I have a program here which only checks the time and writes a log entry if the time goes way off kilter.

The program runs in dos via command line or in mono linux.

or create an event to sync the time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	timesync.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1271941

xxx

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ok, I did some additional research and was able to find this document via Bing search (https://homeseer.com/pdfs/guides/HAI_Plugin.pdf) that refers to SetPanelDateTime which sounds like it will do what I need but I think this document is obsolete and referring to the old serial interface HAI plugin and not rmasonjr version. Is there a similar function for the new plugin? Is there a similar document that shows what, if any, scripting commands are available with the new Omni Plugin?

Thanks,
      Glenn

Comment

The answer is definitely, YES! several people have described on this board how it is done with a simple event. My own implementation looks like this:

Name:	2019-01-03_9-03-15.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	1271938

Comment

Pete,

Sorry, posted my last post before seeing your response. I'm running HS3 on a Win10 Pro Dell Optiplex 7040 i7. Would love to see your command script if possible.

thanks,
          Glenn

Comment

Thanks Eric. Geez! How much easier could it be. I obviously didn't do a very good job of searching the forums. Sorry for the noise here folks. Event created, problem solved.

Comment

BTW will do a stickie for the micro router NEXX.

So tiny that it fits nicely in the OP2 can and is powered by the 12VDC of the panel. It is 1/2 the size of the the other microrouters.
              At one time connected this device to one HAI serial port and ethernet port. It is slow and there is hardly any programming memory in it though.

It is currently running latest version of OpenWRT.

BusyBox v1.28.3 () built-in shell (ash)

_______ ________ __
              | |.-----.-----.-----.| | | |.----.| |_
              | - || _ | -__| || | | || _|| _|
              |_______|| __|_____|__|__||________||__| |____|
              |__| W I R E L E S S F R E E D O M
              -----------------------------------------------------
              OpenWrt 18.06.1, r7258-5eb055306f
              -----------------------------------------------------

Click image for larger version  Name:	NEXX.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	1272777

The Rock64 4Gb computer will be running Ubuntu 18.10 64bit server.

Name:	rock64.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1272781

Rock64 4Gb computer inside of the Leviton or OP2 can. This device will function as a router with 2 ethernet interfaces and run HS3 and some other applications and be powered via a POE connection from the POE switch inside of the Leviton can.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X