Description of Event ID's in the OMNI log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Description of Event ID's in the OMNI log

Hi guys, does anyone (Rob ;-)) have the detailed descriptions for the event ID's that show up in the OMNI logs? It seems that when a zone is "secure" it sends a status of [0] and a [1] when it isn't]. Not sure what [21], [32], [33], [64] and [65] are. I'm trying to debug a window perimeter zone that recently tripped when armed (and dispatching the Sheriff!). Attached is a MySQL log dump of that zone for the last 8 months including the events before, during and after the alarm went off. It's a short log. I didn't have an intrusion, thankfully, but clearly I have something amiss going on

Thanks in advance!
    Craig
    Attached Files

It is relating to the zone status whether configured to trigger an alarm or status of zone alarm status or not.

Best way is to watch the log conconcurrent to watching the PCA live status. It is also in the Omni Variable status stuff.

Here have some outdoor sensors which do not trigger any alarm states such that they are configured that way.

Have a look at the PCA configuration of the specific zone in question. It also could be a false trigger coming from the windows sensor.

Here over the last 15 years had two PIRs triggered sending false positives and one door sensor triggered (door frame stretched wires).

One PIR triggered due to the sun shining into the house at a certain angle and only happened once sending out a call to the local police.

Have a look at the loop values of the Windows sensor. If the loop values fluctuates then it could be a physical issue with the wires.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. For whatever reason I didn't realized I could look at PCA concurrently. My head was back in the old days where a port was only accessible by one application at a time. I am running PCA concurrently and see that status [32] corresponds to "BYPASS". Not sure what the others are yet. I am attempting this remotely (about 50 miles from the panel) and don't want to risk having the thing go off if something goes awry. Loops all look good. Most at 128 with a few at 127 and 129. A couple of them fluctuation between 127 and 128. The offending zone looks to be rock-solid at 128. It's hard-wired with 3 windows in series. I'll do a physical inspection when I get back there.

For added background, all this is happening during severe weather conditions here in the Sierra's in Northern California. We've had frequent and lengthy power outages due to heavy snow and wind. The panel and HS3 system are on UPS and backed by a 20kw standby generator that automatically comes on after 12 seconds of power dropping. Even with that, this has been a somewhat hostile electrical environment.

Comment

Yes for my one door switch here pulled the wire too tight and the sensor was under the thresold of the door. The door frame expanded and contracted over time and started to stretch the already tight wire. It was a PITA to fix as I had to remove the thresold to get to it so I replaced with a new one having destroyed the old one to get to it.

One PIR went off on a weekend at 3AM while we were out of town. I CCTV cameras did record the event of the police doing a walk around the entire home with flashlights.

I think it was the teenager next door shining a laser in to the kitchen goofing around one night that did it. I was unaware that a laser light would trigger the sensor.

If there is an issue the loop values will fluctuate much more than the 127-128 thing...we had some terrible winds last week here in the midwest with an accompanying ice storm.

Sometimes the magnets on the sensors are a little bit too far from the switches where anything triggers them. There you utilize earth magnets.

I heard the wind at all of the windows and doors and skylights. (30-40 MPH).

First sentence of the OP2 installation manual mentions grounding the panel. Lightning strikes and power spikes can do wierd stuff. Here have my ground (and electric ground) coming from the ingress water pipes plus a stake in the ground right outside of the electrical meter. Still had issues one night when my outdoor ac compressor got struck by lighting....literally blew up and started on fire. Next morning looked and everything was melted electrical wise. That shorted the two phased in the house sending 220VAC to my automated switches and messing with them before the breakers shut off. I did put another surge supressor outside next to the compressor just for the two 120VAC lines in the shut off box.

The batteries in the panel should suffice for power outages and the generator can cause a spike sometimes.

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Good point on the ground. I don't have it grounded and I'll have to figure out the best way to do that. I've got some PVC in the water loop as it goes through the neutralization and softening system, but It think I can jump the copper portions to the earth ground at the service entrance. Also good point on the generator. I've seen some issues, particularly with frequency, when large loads like the well or clothes dryer cycle on.

Comment

Yes here have a stake in the ground used for a ground right outside of the service entrance.

In the 1980's had an alarm panel in the basement which would hear sparks but always come back after a thunderstorm with Lightning. No grounding back then and the panel never did blow up.

My two Rain8Nets got a surge from lightning and did permanent abends where I had to replace them then added surge protection to the relay lines coming in to the house from the manifold to the Rain8Nets.

- Pete

Auto mator
            HS4 Lite -

Comment

I've had several PIR false alarms caused by local deer that come up to the window and look in. (They are very curious creatures.) Double window panes are no help -- the PIRs look right through them. I sort of got around the problem by programming a rather elaborate filter in the Omni automation, requiring multiple triggers from multiple PIRs within a given time frame before an emergency is declared. A better fix would be repositioning the PIRs so they can't look at windows, but that isn't always easily done.

Comment

Here went to using both wall mounted and ceiling mounted PIRs.

I tried to position the wall mounted PIRs such that they face no windows. The false positive trigger that happened once was on a PIR that was at the end of a hallway from the front door to the kitchen. The front door had two glass side panels. You could see the sun set via the front door and one day the light was just right such that it must have hit the PIR in the hallway to trigger the alarm. It only happened once in 15 years though.

Did have coyotes and wandering teens (neighborhood going) triggering the outside Optex PIRs many times in the early morning CCTV stuff but not triggering alarms.

Recently have upgraded the wall PIRs to combo microwave and PIR sensors which work much better these days.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                HS4 Lite -

Comment

garciacg
                  That log entry is a decimal and byte representation of the zone status from the SDK. The zone status comes back from the controller with the following values:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	15
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1285997

If I take one of those values in your log, like 66, I get: 1000010
                  That should mean Trouble and bit 6 is set indicating a trouble condition that is not acknowledged by the user.

I think all of this boils down to an issue with Zone 32 - what type of Zone is it?
                  HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                  64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                  UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                  Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Hi Rob. Thanks for the info and sorry for the delayed response. I hadn't had a chance to troubleshoot since the weather has been so bad, so I bypassed it until I sort it out. It's a hard-wired perimeter zone with three windows in series. I have HS3 sending me a Pushover 3P message every time it changes state; which happens completely at random... and sometimes not for weeks at a time. Having the state change of this type of zone change from SECURE to TRIPPED makes sense to me. But what conditions in this type of Zone might result in a TROUBLE state?

Thanks,
                    Craig

Comment

Working...
                    X