Amazon Alexa won't discover Homeseer Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Alexa won't discover Homeseer Devices

After a power outage last nite my Amazon Alexa Homeseer Smart Home Skill will not discover the 141 devices I have available in this HS Omni Plug In. I have shut down the internet, taken all 8 echos off and back on line, restarted the plug-in multiple times, & disabled, unplugged the Z3 & re-enabled the HS Skill multiple times but still Alexa will not load the devices from this plug in. All was working fine till today.....

Any ideas as to why folks????

I do have 6 devices from my HS/Omni loading into the Alexa App but that all I can get. These devices from this App are no different than the others in basic format with voice enabled. Soooo the Amazon is picking up some HS devices but missing all the rest 134. Go figure...

Comment

Apparently the problem is recognized by many see Alexa Integration Seems to be Down

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...meseer-devices

Comment

Corrected forum location. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ems-to-be-down

Comment

Good news today. Homeseer Support and Rob escalated the issue and found After speaking with the engineer, it seems that there was an issue of root/parent devices and child devices. An adjustment has been made to the Alexa integration which should resolve this issue. The engineer has tested this and it seems to discover all devices now.

I did a rediscovery of my Alexa voice enabled devices and they now appear in the Alexa app.

Now I have to go back and more friendly rename the devices and revise the button function so it responds to “turn on“. Not something I like to do.

Thanks Rob for believing in me.

Comment

The HomeSeer skill is still not working for me. I have disabled, reenabled, rediscovered. Still not working. Alexa says “skill not enabled”.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
              The HomeSeer skill is still not working for me. I have disabled, reenabled, rediscovered. Still not working. Alexa says “skill not enabled”.
              Sometimes, you have to disable the skill, change your myhs password, then re-enable the skill to get the link back to HS. I think sometimes it gets cached somewhere.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Something is wrong with MYHS. I was able to change my password last night. Now I am not able to log in to My HS via a web browser. HS3TOUCH is still working. Alexa still not able to discover devices.
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

All my HS 140 devices are being discovered in Alexa and I am happy to report that.
                  I am soooo glad that I had done a tools, configuration, backup. The Flag Status Graphics default in this plug in is not set up for a simple OFF and ON command. It would have been a looooot of work to change if I hadn't done that backup....

Comment

I posted this separately but figured I'd post on this similar thread as well. Thanks in advance...

I recently replaced my HAI plugin with Omni for my Omni Controller to work with Alexa / Echo. I did so because it seemed to stop working and normally I'm able to fix it by disabling and enabling the HAI plug in. That didn't work so I decided to delete the HAI plugin and when I went to re-install, realized that it was replaced by Omni. So I installed it and reconnected and enabled both the 'HomeSeer Home Automation Skill' and the 'HomeSeer SmartHome'. But now it seems that the 'HomeSeer SmartHome' skill doesn't work because I can't just tell Alexa to 'Turn on Kitchen Lights', like I used to. I have to say 'Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn on Kitchen Lights'. Alexa also won't recognize the HomeSeer devices when I go to scan.

Did I miss installing or configuring something? Is this a license issue? Right now I only installed the Omni Plugin on a 30 day trial basis.

Comment

Working...
                    X