New Homeseer Box - Omni Plugin - in OP2 can server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Homeseer Box - Omni Plugin - in OP2 can server

After waiting for two years for an update to the Rock64 Pi sized board have decided to switch over to using the RockPi4 computer instead.

This device will also run KODI in 4K HD mode with CEC.

Click image for larger version  Name:	rockpi4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	249.2 KB ID:	1289258

Click image for larger version  Name:	rockpi4specs.jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	1289259

This one has the RTC battery and also the add of using .M2 drive. It is the size of an RPi.

It will be running Ubuntu 18.X and be using 4 Gb of RAM plus an .M2 drive or an eMMC drive to run:

Homeseer 3 Lite, Home Assistant and Node Red - Omni Plugin and firewall-router.

The object here is to fit this device inside of the OP2 can, Aux OP2 can or Leviton 42" panel. For hardware serial / USB devices will be taking this to ethernet.

Current HS3 Pro computer is using a Digi USB 8 port Edgeport and Digi USB hub plus ethernet connections.

Unrelating to OP but relating to KODI media players here...

Relating to Kodi boxes and NAS this is what I have tested and working today sort of OK with HD 4K Ubuntu. (Staying away from KODI in Windows or Android).

Click image for larger version  Name:	k-boxes.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	1289278
    Click image for larger version  Name:	NAS-Media.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.7 KB ID:	1289279

BTW and relating to the Amazon Alexa devices here and using Python (HA - MQTT) have turned these devices in to media players a bit like Squeezebox players except that they will do TTS and Alexa commands. IE: Alarm status, OP2 zone alerts, Weather et al sans VR such that I can manage the Alexa devices / Homeseer devices via VR or just sent commands.

Here is an interaction image of what I am doing today.

The OP2 panel talks to HS3, Smartthings Hub and HA which all interact with Alexa.

Homeseer talks UPB, X10, ZWave, Zigbee and WiFi (MQTT). OP2 talks UPB, X10, Zigbee, ZWave and now MQTT.

The HS3 HSTouch and OmniTouch Pro screens talk MS SAPI TTS. One Alexa Dot is connected to zoned audio mixing with HS3 speaker.

IE: you can use the automation to speak the weather via HS3 or Alexa.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Topology.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	1289284

xxxx
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    After waiting for two years for an update to the Rock64 Pi sized board have decided to switch over to using the RockPi4 computer instead.

This device will also run KODI in 4K HD mode with CEC.

Click image for larger version  Name:	rockpi4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	249.2 KB ID:	1289258

Click image for larger version  Name:	rockpi4specs.jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	1289259

This one has the RTC battery and also the add of using .M2 drive. It is the size of an RPi.

It will be running Ubuntu 18.X and be using 4 Gb of RAM plus an .M2 drive or an eMMC drive to run:

Homeseer 3 Lite, Home Assistant and Node Red - Omni Plugin and firewall-router.

The object here is to fit this device inside of the OP2 can, Aux OP2 can or Leviton 42" panel. For hardware serial / USB devices will be taking this to ethernet.

Current HS3 Pro computer is using a Digi USB 8 port Edgeport and Digi USB hub plus ethernet connections.

Unrelating to OP but relating to KODI media players here...

Relating to Kodi boxes and NAS this is what I have tested and working today sort of OK with HD 4K Ubuntu. (Staying away from KODI in Windows or Android).

Click image for larger version  Name:	k-boxes.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	1289278
    Click image for larger version  Name:	NAS-Media.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.7 KB ID:	1289279

BTW and relating to the Amazon Alexa devices here and using Python (HA - MQTT) have turned these devices in to media players a bit like Squeezebox players except that they will do TTS and Alexa commands. IE: Alarm status, OP2 zone alerts, Weather et al sans VR such that I can manage the Alexa devices / Homeseer devices via VR or just sent commands.

Here is an interaction image of what I am doing today.

The OP2 panel talks to HS3, Smartthings Hub and HA which all interact with Alexa.

Homeseer talks UPB, X10, ZWave, Zigbee and WiFi (MQTT). OP2 talks UPB, X10, Zigbee, ZWave and now MQTT.

The HS3 HSTouch and OmniTouch Pro screens talk MS SAPI TTS. One Alexa Dot is connected to zoned audio mixing with HS3 speaker.

IE: you can use the automation to speak the weather via HS3 or Alexa.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Topology.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	1289284

xxxx
    Is the Rock64 faster with respect to the Omni plugin and its performance?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

The Rock64 and the RockPi4 are faster than the RPi3. The RockPi4 has an RTC battery and Sata .m2 interface.

I have the Omni Plugin running on a Haswell i3 and the Pine64 using Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit. Performance is the same with the two computers.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete but I can't find the Homeseer 3 "Lite" software for sale that you mentioned in your post. It doesn't appear in the Homeseer online store. Do you know if it's been discontinued?

Comment

Pete

I am using openhab echo control binding , with the help of mqtt to do almost all what i want with alexa.

The downside is that openhab itself use a LOT a memory. With or without any binding.

So, I would like to know wich script do you use to control/monitor Alexa . I would like to compare the fuctions vs the openhab echocontrol binding.
          Are you using the home assistant script in this thread
          https://community.home-assistant.io/...s-needed/58639

thanks!!

Comment

What is very inportant to me is getting via websocket (to be instant) what I say to a specific echo device, as a string.
            Attached Files

Comment

So, I would like to know which script do you use to control/monitor Alexa .

Y
              es on most current version right now. I am impressed.

Originally followed the thread and got very lost after a while - it is hundreds of pages long these days.

Went to using the easy to follow wiki located over here ==>

Welcome to the alexa media player wiki!

I have connected my OmniPro 2 status to the Alexa TTS and sending commands over to Alexa. Works great.

Using an autonomous OmniPro 2 panel MQTT and Samsung plugin such that Alexa controls whatever is connected to HS3, OmniPro panel, Samsung Hub and Home Assistant.

Just last week added an Amazon Dot to the distributed Russound audio mixing it with multiple SAPI speech fonts.

I like too that HA picked up all of the Squeezeplayers running.

I have no issues running Docker (for HA and Node Red and added OP2 plugin) on the iSeries Intel CPU but cannot get it to run right on the Pine64 2Gb / Ubuntu 18.04 ARM 64 version. No issues running it on a RPi.

Redoing the Pine64 now using a heatsink on the CPU, direct tap for 5VDC and overlclocking it. Used a new updated Ubuntu 18.04 image which works better than updating the old Ubuntu 16.04 image. Docker works now with the new image.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Over the last few days here testing various Ubuntu 18.04 builds for the Pine64 2 Gb computer have seen that Docker does not work and is not functional although there is a build for the RPi that works fine. That said also found out that the mini USB port power only works up to 1.8 amps and should be bypassed using the Euler bus for power. So adding a barrel connector to the Pine64 and a heat sink for the CPU as I am overlocking it from a max of 1.10 to 1.5Ghz.

I was able to build a Pine64 Ubuntu 18.04 computer with it running Homeseer 3, Home Assistant, Node Red and Mosquitto broker. I am so used to using Docker now that I want to make that a standard of sorts though. Such that the new micro PC might be better running an Intel or AMD CPU versus an ARM CPU.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Testing here before updating the Pine64 to the RockPi4 computer to see how it works.

Pine64 hardware modifications

1 - CPU heat sinks for overclocking Pine64
                  2 - changed PS from micro USB to using Euler bus as micro USB input is rated at 1.8 Amps which is not a good thing.
                  3 - add a second NIC

Pine64 Update to Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit. The old way I did it was to update the original Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit to Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit. Works but there are issues.

Found a site called Armbian which does have new Ubuntu builds for just about any ARM based device. The build uses one partition for the OS and booting which is much easier to work with.

Install core server OS

1 - Install Armbian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit bit base server image from here:

Comments: This is a one partition installation versus stock dual partition configuration. No more dealing with a fat16 (like an RPi) boot partition.

Read here:

hxxps://www.armbian.com/pine64/
                  Armbian Bionic
                  Download here:

hxxps://dl.armbian.com/pine64/Ubuntu_bionic_next.7z

2 - update / upgrade / dist-upgrade build

Homeseer Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit installation

Its been documented here on the forum many times now.

1 - install mono-complete and mono-vbnc. Note here that HS3 ASPX pages will not work at this time. (it is an arm mono issue).
                  2 - install Homeseer Standard, Pro or Lite (personally using Homeseer lite (zee2 version). Here install it in the /opt/HomeSeer directory
                  3 - install your plugins - here adds are Omni Plugin and mcsMQTT plugin (plus whatever you want).

Ubuntu Server Webmin installtion

1 - apt install perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions python
                  2 - wget hxxp://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.900_all.deb
                  3 - dpkg --install webmin_1.900_all.deb

Mosquitto Ubuntu server 18.04 64 bit installation

apt install mosquitto

Armbian ARM64 Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Docker installation

1 - Install prerequesites:

sudo apt install -y apt-transport-hxxps ca-certificates curl gnupg2 software-properties-common

2 - install docker gpg

curl -fsSL hxxps://download.docker.com/linux/debian/gpg | sudo apt-key add -

3 - install docker repository for arm64

sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=arm64] hxxps://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu $(lsb_release -cs) stable"

4 - update

sudo update

5 - install docker-ce

sudo apt-get install -y docker-ce

IE: test docker version and run a script and test script to be running in docker version for arm64.

Armbian ARM64 Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Docker Home Assistant installation

docker pull homeassistant/aarch64-homeassistant

1 - create an homeassistant config directory

mkdir -p /opt/home-assistant/config

2 - install HA configuration and update if necessary

docker run -d --name="home-assistant" -v /opt/home-assistant/config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host --restart unless-stopped homeassistant/aarch64-homeassistant:latest

3 - install users and group - do this for every sudo user on your Ubuntu build

sudo usermod -aG docker ${USER}

Armbian ARM64 Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Docker Node Red installation

Armbian ARM64 Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit SqueezeServer installation

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

18th of May, 2019

Have built 3 Ubuntu servers now on the Octocore ARM S912 chipset TV boxes. Working well now shifting a bit.

For the ARM OS using Armbian. For KODI using a pure KODI OS called CoreElec. All stream 4K HD video in Ubuntu fine.

Purchased an Intel based Beelink BT3 Pro mini computer.

I have read that it is not optimal for use with 4K HD streaming.

It is approximately same sized as the Arm based TV Boxes and priced new at $65 USD.

Note that the design is approximately 2 years old now and I am guessing that it is being phased out. Price on Amazon is $148 and I see the newer BeeLink computers with Kaby Lake CPUs (same size) at approximately $289 these days.

BTW this makes for a nice carpc replacement. Current CarPCs (for BMWs) are DIN mounted.
                    A bit of a tangent. The CarPC uses an intelligent controllable PS made for automotive use. Here is one utilized for the NUC computer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CarPC PS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.3 KB ID:	1305661

DCDC-NUC, 6-48V automotive power supply for NUC

- 6-48V intelligent automotive PSU
                    - High efficiency synchronous buck-boost
                    - 12V or 19V selectable output, 6A peak
                    - 2.5" hard drive mounting footprint
                    - Ignition switch, MCU control
                    - Anti Thump output in automotive mode
                    - Motherboard startup/shutdown control by ON/OFF pulse
                    - Motherboard shutdown control by USB
                    - Customizable startup/shutdown timers
                    - Low Power standby consumption (<1ma)
                    - HID-USB connection
                    - Input, Output Voltage and Current measurement
                    - Selectable OverVoltage, UnderVoltage and Under-Current
                    - Temperature measurement
                    - Motherboard detection using output Power measurements
                    - Programmable Spread Frequency Modulation for reduced EMI
                    - ROHS and REACH compliant

This is leading me to their new product called: Beelink GT King with an ARM CPU and S922 chipset for my next KODI box.

- CPU - Atom X5Z8350
                    - RAM 4Gb DDR3
                    - USB 3.0 / USB 2.0
                    - Gb Nic
                    - 64Gb eMMC
                    - OS - base comes with WIndows 10
                    - VGA and HDMI video ports
                    - metal case
                    - dimensions are 119mm X 25mm ( 4.68 inches X .98 inches) which is almost the same size as the Arm based TV Boxes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BBeelink.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	1305657

Plans here are:

1 - LUbuntu 18.04 64 bit
                    2 - Oracle Virtual box / Windows 7 embedded VB

Automation software:

Ubuntu side:

1 - Homeseer 3 lite
                    2 - Omni Plugin
                    3 - mcsMQTT plugin
                    4 - Home Assistant
                    5 - MQTT
                    6 - OmniLinkBridge
                    7 - Node Red

Windows 7E side

1 - Microsoft SAPI with a variety of voice fonts

This provides SAPI audio to HS3 running on Ubuntu which I am doing today on main HS3 Pro server.

This endeavor is one step up from using the Arm based TV Boxes to an Intel based TV Box.
                    The product is not as fast at video streaming as the Arm based boxes but this is not needed for an Ubuntu combo server.

1 - Base LUbuntu 18.04 ISO will be a custom created ISO just for said CPU with drivers

hxxp://www.linuxium.com.au/

A - download LUbuntu ISO 64 bit from lubuntu.net
                    B - download shell script isorespon.sh (attached zip)
                    C - move and make isorespin.sh script executible -
                    sudo mv isorespin.sh /usr/local/bin
                    sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/isorespin.sh
                    D - Install some prerequisites for making the ISO
                    sudo apt -y install bc curl losetup ip isoinfo mkdosfs mksquashfs rsync
                    sudo apt -y install unsquashfs unzip wget xargs xorriso
                    E - Either run the script with GUI:
                    isorespin.sh
                    or run the script with options. Commonly used options include:
                    Add a 32-bit bootloader
                    isorespin.sh -i LUbuntu.iso
                    Respin the ISO suitable for booting on Intel Atom devices
                    isorespin.sh -i LUbuntu.iso --atom
                    Respin the ISO suitable for booting on Intel Apollo Lake devices
                    isorespin.sh -i LUbuntu.iso --apollo
                    Update the ISO with the latest mainline kernel
                    isorespin.sh -i Lubuntu -u
                    Update the ISO with a specific kernel version
                    isorespin.sh -i LUbuntu.iso -k v4.15-rc2
                    A new ISO prefixed with 'linuxium' as a minimum will be created. For example the command
                    isorespin.sh -i Lubuntu.iso -k v4.15-rc2 --apollo
                    creates the ISO
                    linuxium-apollo-v4.15-rc2-ubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso
                    To get a list of all available options enter:
                    isorespin.sh -h
                    Note the script runs several commands as 'sudo' so you will be asked for your password
                    [sudo] password for <username>:
                    F - Write the ISO to a USB stick

Comments:

This computer should fit fine inside of the OmniPro 2 can or next door Leviton 42" can.

xxxx
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

20th of May, 2019

Still testing and today decided to make a live persistant build for testing some more.

Here is the command to spin up a 2 Gb persistent live ISO.

isorespin.sh -i xubuntu-18.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso --atom -s 2000MB

Once this is done you have the choice of writing the install via initial prompts or you can just let it boot to the live desktop and write the image then to the eMMC.

I connected the computer to a regular sized desktop monitor as earlier doing this on the 4K HD TV was difficult to work with in terminal mode.

Noticed now too that it uses rEFIt for boot menu. I have used this menuing system when tinkering with the Joggler.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bootmenu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.4 KB ID:	1306157

Going to test running Oracle and create a W7e build on the Ubuntu pieces and install mono and MQTT on it.

Well and PCA and HS Touch designer and the HAI designer application.

Noticed here that the SD card slot is a full size SD card and it sticks out of the side of the device versus the other TV Boxes that use the small SD card slow.

Reducing size of Windows 10 partition on eMMC

Originally booted up to Windows 10 and updated it. It increased the size of the partion to around 40Gb.

Reducing it here now.

1 - Using Revo Uninstaller to remove Windows fluff (there is a lot of it)
                      2 - Reducing the size of the OS using compact commands in Windows command prompt admin mode:
                      - Compact.exe /CompactOS:query
                      - Compact.exe /CompactOS:always
                      3 - making the Hiberfil.sys file smaller or removing it.
                      - reduced: powercfg /h /type reduced
                      - remove: powercfg /h /off

Once this is done will reduce partition to mimimal needed to run Windows 10. I should wipe it but want to keep it going for time bean.

xxx
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

21th of May, 2019

Resized the Windows 10 partition then had to un resize it and still ran out of disk space for two Windows 10 updates (18.03 and 18.09).

The time of updating Windows 10 spanned from yesterday to this morning.

Removed excess files and reduced partition to around 22Gb. The built in Windows 10 disk manager would not resize. Mini Tools partition manager also did not resize.

Ended up resized the Windows 10 partition using Linux GParted which worked. Booting Windows 10 to check it did run a check disk on boot and all is well with the Windows 10 partition.

Next installing Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit bit. Easy plug n play steps.

1 - boot to live ISO Ubuntu desktop
                        2 - click on the install 18.04 icon.
                        3 - first menu choice is to install Ubuntu with the Windows boot manager - this is what I picked
                        4 - it automagically saw the free space and started the install on the free space

When it reboots you should see the grub boot menu with Ubuntu being the first choice. You can modify grub to remember which partition boots first.

Just edit the grub boot to include the following.

Did updated and dist upgrade and installed openssh-server and created a root password and adjusted ssh configuration to allow for root.

Boots up fast.

I had an issue with sound defaulting to the HDMI port and fixed it with the following:

Blacklist the snd_hdmi_lpe_audio :

Create a file under /etc/modprobe.d with the name blacklist_snd_hdmi_lpe_audio.conf containing a single line: blacklist snd_hdmi_lpe_audio
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

22nd of May, 2019

As of today have a ~ 40 Gb partition running Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit and Windows 10 Home is using around 20 Gb of space on the 64Gb eMMC.

Ubuntu 18.04 stuff installed so far is:

1 - Initially updated and upgraded build
                          2 - installed mosquitto - apt install mosquitto
                          3 - installed mono-complete and mono-vbnc
                          4 - installed stunnel apt install stunnel
                          5 -Oracle VirtualBox 6.0
                          6 - Windows 7 embedded standard - used 10Gb / 2 Gb of RAM - enabled RDP on VB.

Adding SAPI - Neospeech, Leviton PCA, HSTouch Designer (?) to the build.

Starting VM in a command line (eventually will just do a cron job to start it on boot) - switched to starting with boot on desktop

ICS-BTPro:/usr/bin/virtualboxvm -startvm W7E

Note when the Ubuntu desktop reboots; Virtualbox saves state of VM and starts VM the same way. This is optimal and fast.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_79376.jpg Views:	4 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	1306596

7 - Docker-ce installation
                          A -Install dependencies
                          $ sudo apt update
                          $ sudo apt install apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl software-properties-common
                          B-add docker repository
                          $ sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
                          $ deb [arch=amd64] hxxps://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu bionic stable
                          C- add Docker's GPG key
                          $ curl -fsSL hxxps://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/gpg | sudo apt-key add -
                          D - $ sudo apt update
                          E - $ sudo apt install docker-ce
                          D - check docker version
                          ICS-BTPro:~# docker --version Docker version 18.09.6, build 481bc77

ICS-BTPro:~# uname -a
                          Linux ICS-BTPro 4.18.0-20-generic #21~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 8 08:43:37 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

ICS-BTPro:~# lsb_release -a
                          No LSB modules are available.
                          Distributor ID: Ubuntu
                          Description: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
                          Release: 18.04
                          Codename: bionic

CS-BTPro:~# mono -V
                          Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:02:17 UTC 2019)
                          Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

ICS-BTPro:~# stunnel
                          [ ] Clients allowed=500
                          [.] stunnel 5.44 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu platform
                          [.] Compiled/running with OpenSSL 1.1.0g 2 Nov 2017
                          [.] Threading:PTHREAD Sockets:POLL,IPv6,SYSTEMD TLS:ENGINE,FIPS,OCSP,PSK,SNI Auth:LIBWRAP

ICS-BTPro:~# mosquitto
                          1558531306: mosquitto version 1.4.15 (build date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 00:27:01 +0000) starting

ICS-BTPro:~# df -l
                          Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
                          udev 1960156 0 1960156 0% /dev
                          tmpfs 396528 1524 395004 1% /run
                          /dev/mmcblk0p5 35907196 18646688 15406812 55% /
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

22nd of May, 2019- continuation of above- management will be via SSH and Webmin and XRDP

Adding Webmin - note: installation is much faster here than on the ARM CPU computers.

1 - sudo apt-get install perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions python
                            2 - sudo wget hxxp://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.910_all.deb
                            3 - dpkg --install webmin_1.910_all.deb

Preparing to unpack webmin_1.910_all.deb ...
                            Unpacking webmin (1.910) ...
                            Setting up webmin (1.910) ...
                            Webmin install complete. You can now login to https://ICS-BTPro:10000/
                            as root with your root password, or as any user who can use sudo
                            to run commands as root.
                            Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-21) ...
                            Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10.21) ...

adding lm-sensors

sudo apt update

sudo apt install lm-sensors

This means that Webmin will see the sensors.

sudo sensors detect (do defaults)

Note here noticed that it was already installed with LUbuntu

ICS-BTPro:~# sensors
                            soc_dts1-virtual-0
                            Adapter: Virtual device
                            temp1: +47.0°C

acpitz-virtual-0
                            temp1: +0.0°C (crit = +100.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
                            Adapter: ISA adapter
                            Core 0: +48.0°C (high = +90.0°C, crit = +90.0°C)
                            Core 1: +48.0°C (high = +90.0°C, crit = +90.0°C)
                            Core 2: +49.0°C (high = +90.0°C, crit = +90.0°C)
                            Core 3: +49.0°C (high = +90.0°C, crit = +90.0°C)

soc_dts0-virtual-0
                            temp1: +48.0°C

Click image for larger version

Name:	wwebmin.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1306606

xxxx
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

22nd of May 2019

For LUbuntu desktop sharing here prefer to use Vino rather than XRDP. Only thing is that the Vino desktop sharing configuration is not included in LUbuntu 18.04.

The vino project removed vino-preferences in version 3.0 to integrate better with gnome-control-center, which leaves us with no graphical way to configure it under XFCE. We will need to use the gsettings command line tool to change the preferences, for convenience, these are the preferences that were exposed in vino-preferences:

So to make it work you need to do the following:

1 - SSH log in with user and x windows
                              ssh -Y pete@192.168.244.252

2 - sudo update

3 - sudo apt install vino

4 - using gsettings
                              Code:
                              #
                              # Display all the preferences
                              #
                              gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.Vino#
                              # [x] Allow other users to view your desktop
                              # NOTE: This setting was removed
                              #
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino enabled true#
                              # [x] Allow other users to control your desktop
                              # NOTE: Reverse Boolean
                              #
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino view-only false#
                              # [ ] You must confirm each access to this machine
                              #
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino prompt-enabled false#
                              # [ ] Require the user to enter this password
                              #
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino authentication-methods "['none']"
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino vnc-password keyring
                              ## [x] Require the user to enter this password
                              #
                              # Step 1. Ask for password (NOTE: Only tested with `bash` and `zsh`)
                              echo -n "VNC Password: " && read -s password < /dev/tty && echo ""
                              # Step 2. Set the preferences
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino authentication-methods "['vnc']"
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino vnc-password "$(echo $password | base64)"
                              # Step 3. Clear the `$password` variable
                              unset password
                              #
                              # [ ] Automatically configure UPnP router to open and forward ports#
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino use-upnp false#
                              # Show Notification Area Icon
                              #
                              # ( ) always // Always
                              # (o) client // Only when someone is connected
                              # ( ) never // Never# gsettings set org.gnome.Vino icon-visibility client
                              gsettings set org.gnome.Vino icon-visibility client
                              5 - Disable encryption (optional)
                              sudo gsettings set org.gnome.Vino require-encryption false
                              6. Activate at startup - first as it will not be on your desktop create a desktop icon for it.
                              sudo cp /usr/share/applications/vino-server.desktop /etc/xdg/autostart/vino-server.desktop

xfce4-session-settings

Click image for larger version  Name:	sessions.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.4 KB ID:	1306723

Ubuntu Desktop via VNC running Windows 7 embedded, HS3, Home-Assistant, PlayOnLinux...

Click image for larger version  Name:	ubuntudesktop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	1306775

Found a small 7" very thin openframe LCD HDMI / 5VDC monitor which I can stick on to the Leviton panel or OmniPro panel which would provide status or just a screen saver. The BeeLink BT3 Pro has Bluetooth and WLAN built in such that I can utilize a Bluetooth keyboard.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X