Adding Yale Zwave door locks to Alexa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Yale Zwave door locks to Alexa?

Rob, I have 4 Z wave Yale door locks which the Omni Pro II is controlling and which are seen in this plug in and controllable from this Plug In... but how do I get Alexa to discover them as devices? I enabled voice control.
    Do I need to create a flag with on for Locked and off for Unlocked?

Ideally, you shouldnt allow Alexa control of locks. That said, I would just create a new HS virtual device and name it "Front Door" or something familiar.
    Then just create an event that when that device turns off/on, lock/unlock the door.
    You'll have to play around with the Alexa verbiage, but something like "Alexa, tell homeseer to unlock the Front Door" or "Alexa lock the Front Door" should work.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Ideally, you shouldnt allow Alexa control of locks. That said, I would just create a new HS virtual device and name it "Front Door" or something familiar.
      Then just create an event that when that device turns off/on, lock/unlock the door.
      You'll have to play around with the Alexa verbiage, but something like "Alexa, tell homeseer to unlock the Front Door" or "Alexa lock the Front Door" should work.
      That sounds less secure than direct Alexa control. At least she requires you to say a pin if you ask for the door to unlock.

My Yale z-wave lock is integrated with Alexa via HomeSeer. Make sure you are enabling voice control on the lock's child device that has control of the lock-unlock functions. Also, put some text in the top "voice command box" and a check mark lower in the Voice command box.
      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
      X