X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    Ideally, you shouldnt allow Alexa control of locks. That said, I would just create a new HS virtual device and name it "Front Door" or something familiar.
    Then just create an event that when that device turns off/on, lock/unlock the door.
    You'll have to play around with the Alexa verbiage, but something like "Alexa, tell homeseer to unlock the Front Door" or "Alexa lock the Front Door" should work.
    That sounds less secure than direct Alexa control. At least she requires you to say a pin if you ask for the door to unlock.

My Yale z-wave lock is integrated with Alexa via HomeSeer. Make sure you are enabling voice control on the lock's child device that has control of the lock-unlock functions. Also, put some text in the top "voice command box" and a check mark lower in the Voice command box.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Ideally, you shouldnt allow Alexa control of locks. That said, I would just create a new HS virtual device and name it "Front Door" or something familiar.
    Then just create an event that when that device turns off/on, lock/unlock the door.
    You'll have to play around with the Alexa verbiage, but something like "Alexa, tell homeseer to unlock the Front Door" or "Alexa lock the Front Door" should work.

Leave a comment:

• Chaser
    started a topic Adding Yale Zwave door locks to Alexa?

Adding Yale Zwave door locks to Alexa?

Rob, I have 4 Z wave Yale door locks which the Omni Pro II is controlling and which are seen in this plug in and controllable from this Plug In... but how do I get Alexa to discover them as devices? I enabled voice control.
    Do I need to create a flag with on for Locked and off for Unlocked?
Working...
X