No announcement yet.

Control Omni Alarm with Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help. I just ordered the Zee S2. Looking forward to just saying “Alexa, set alarm to night mode”.... or something like this.

—-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Homer-j-simpson137 View Post
      Thanks for the help. I just ordered the Zee S2. Looking forward to just saying “Alexa, set alarm to night mode”.... or something like this.

—-Mike
      With Alexa, you'll need to use something like "Alexa, turn on the alarm" or equivalent. With HS, you can create virtual devices to make this easier.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

OK, so I got my Zee S2 up and running and Omni plug-in working but having trouble with a button. I see the button (called announcement...and and can toggle it on/off) from HS and it toggles announcements from the Omni panel on and off. What I need is to create an Alexa voice command that I can say "Alexa, turn off security announcements", and one that I can say "Alexa, turn on security announcements". I guess I would need to create two separate virtual devices that have each voice command associated with them....Can someone steer me in the right direction. I can't seem to make this work.

Comment

In your HS device, you can add a Voice Command called "Security Announcements", then rediscover your devices with Alexa.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
          X