Control Omni Alarm with Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Omni Alarm with Alexa

Is it possible con Arm/Disarm Omni alarm with alexa? Can I bypass sensors with alexa? Thanks!!!

You can either use the HomeSeer Custom Skill which requires you to say "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to" or you can create virtual devices and use HomeSeer Events to bypass that phrase.

Comment

I use "Alexa, turn on the Alarm" where "Alarm" is a virtual device. There is an event that is keyed off this event to arm the system.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I did it defining an Omni button that arms the alarm, locks doors, etc. I then created an Alexa routine, “Good Night” that activates the button.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          I use "Alexa, turn on the Alarm" where "Alarm" is a virtual device. There is an event that is keyed off this event to arm the system.
          Newbie question: How did you accomplish this? There is obviously so much I have to learn here. My setup: Leviton Omni Pro II, Homeseer Zee, brand new, and Amazon Echo. Overall goal: HA and security commands via voice (Alexa)

Comment

Originally posted by elmerbug View Post

Newbie question: How did you accomplish this? There is obviously so much I have to learn here. My setup: Leviton Omni Pro II, Homeseer Zee, brand new, and Amazon Echo. Overall goal: HA and security commands via voice (Alexa)
            First, ensure the plugin connects to your panel and you are able to arm/disarm from the HS screen.
            Then do the following steps:
            Create a device by clicking the Green '+' sign
            Name it 'Alarm' and call it 'Alarm' in Voice Command field
            Tick the 'Voice Command' checkbox
            Click Done

At this point, you have created a HS Virtual Device that you can turn on and off.

Next, create 2 events - one that arms your system, then one that disarms the system - both are triggered by that Virtual Device changing:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	311
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1341263Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	280
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1341264

Now, HS is ready. You'll need to bridge your system to Alexa using the Alexa app and discovering your devices.
            Once they are discovered and you see your 'Alarm' device - try it out.

Leviton put together a great doc on how to configure HS and my plugin for use with the OMNI - check it out: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-5146

Hope this helps.

Comment

First, ensure the plugin connects to your panel and you are able to arm/disarm from the HS screen.
              Click Done

At this point, you have created a HS Virtual Device that you can turn on and off.

Next, create 2 events - one that arms your system, then one that disarms the system - both are triggered by that Virtual Device changing:

Now, HS is ready. You'll need to bridge your system to Alexa using the Alexa app and discovering your devices.

Leviton put together a great doc on how to configure HS and my plugin for use with the OMNI - check it out: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-5146

Hope this helps.

"First, ensure the plugin connects to your panel and you are able to arm/disarm from the HS screen."

I am connected to the Omni panel, and devices are enumerated. I don't know where or how to arm/disarm from the HS screen. Thanks.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by elmerbug View Post

"First, ensure the plugin connects to your panel and you are able to arm/disarm from the HS screen."

I am connected to the Omni panel, and devices are enumerated. I don't know where or how to arm/disarm from the HS screen. Thanks.

Don
                In the OMNI config, to go the Areas tab and enable the areas that you want to arm. You'll only do this once.
                Now, in HS, you'll see your area - you can arm/disarm from here:

Views:	258
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1341281

Comment

Click Done

Hope this helps.
                  Ok, I can now control arm/disarm from HS. Alexa, however, does not discover the "Alarm" virtual device.

Don

Comment

It's hard to say. Is Alexa finding any of your devices?

Comment

It's hard to say. Is Alexa finding any of your devices?
                      No, I don't believe so. The Homeseer Home Automation skill is loaded and seems to be working.

Comment

I would follow that Leviton link I posted and make sure you follow the 'Configuring Alexa' section. That will make sure you have the correct skill loaded.

Comment

Thanks much!

Comment

Hey guys, if I want to just do very simple Arm and Disarm with Alexa on my Omni Pro II can I just buy the HS Troller and if so do I need to make sure I get the right version (guessing v3)?
                            I really don’t want to run a PC for this if I don’t need to.
                            Thanks,
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Homer-j-simpson137 View Post
                              Hey guys, if I want to just do very simple Arm and Disarm with Alexa on my Omni Pro II can I just buy the HS Troller and if so do I need to make sure I get the right version (guessing v3)?
                              I really don’t want to run a PC for this if I don’t need to.
                              Thanks,
                              Mike
                              Yes - with the Zee, you get HS. From there, download the 30d trial of the OMNI plugin and make sure it works for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X