Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmasonjr
    replied
    In your HS device, you can add a Voice Command called "Security Announcements", then rediscover your devices with Alexa.

Leave a comment:

• Homer-j-simpson137
    replied
    OK, so I got my Zee S2 up and running and Omni plug-in working but having trouble with a button. I see the button (called announcement...and and can toggle it on/off) from HS and it toggles announcements from the Omni panel on and off. What I need is to create an Alexa voice command that I can say "Alexa, turn off security announcements", and one that I can say "Alexa, turn on security announcements". I guess I would need to create two separate virtual devices that have each voice command associated with them....Can someone steer me in the right direction. I can't seem to make this work.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Homer-j-simpson137 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I just ordered the Zee S2. Looking forward to just saying “Alexa, set alarm to night mode”.... or something like this.

—-Mike
    With Alexa, you'll need to use something like "Alexa, turn on the alarm" or equivalent. With HS, you can create virtual devices to make this easier.

Leave a comment:

• Homer-j-simpson137
    replied
    Thanks for the help. I just ordered the Zee S2. Looking forward to just saying “Alexa, set alarm to night mode”.... or something like this.

—-Mike

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Homer-j-simpson137 View Post
    Hey guys, if I want to just do very simple Arm and Disarm with Alexa on my Omni Pro II can I just buy the HS Troller and if so do I need to make sure I get the right version (guessing v3)?
    I really don’t want to run a PC for this if I don’t need to.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Yes - with the Zee, you get HS. From there, download the 30d trial of the OMNI plugin and make sure it works for you.

Leave a comment:

• Homer-j-simpson137
    replied
    Hey guys, if I want to just do very simple Arm and Disarm with Alexa on my Omni Pro II can I just buy the HS Troller and if so do I need to make sure I get the right version (guessing v3)?
    I really don’t want to run a PC for this if I don’t need to.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    Thanks much!

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    I would follow that Leviton link I posted and make sure you follow the 'Configuring Alexa' section. That will make sure you have the correct skill loaded.

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    It's hard to say. Is Alexa finding any of your devices?
    No, I don't believe so. The Homeseer Home Automation skill is loaded and seems to be working.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    It's hard to say. Is Alexa finding any of your devices?

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied

First, ensure the plugin connects to your panel and you are able to arm/disarm from the HS screen.
    Then do the following steps:
    Create a device by clicking the Green '+' sign
    Name it 'Alarm' and call it 'Alarm' in Voice Command field
    Tick the 'Voice Command' checkbox
    Click Done

At this point, you have created a HS Virtual Device that you can turn on and off.

Next, create 2 events - one that arms your system, then one that disarms the system - both are triggered by that Virtual Device changing:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	116
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1341263Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	91
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1341264

Now, HS is ready. You'll need to bridge your system to Alexa using the Alexa app and discovering your devices.
    Once they are discovered and you see your 'Alarm' device - try it out.

Leviton put together a great doc on how to configure HS and my plugin for use with the OMNI - check it out: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-5146

Hope this helps.
    Ok, I can now control arm/disarm from HS. Alexa, however, does not discover the "Alarm" virtual device.

Don

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by elmerbug View Post

"First, ensure the plugin connects to your panel and you are able to arm/disarm from the HS screen."

I am connected to the Omni panel, and devices are enumerated. I don't know where or how to arm/disarm from the HS screen. Thanks.

Don
    In the OMNI config, to go the Areas tab and enable the areas that you want to arm. You'll only do this once.
    Now, in HS, you'll see your area - you can arm/disarm from here:

Views:	97
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1341281

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied

First, ensure the plugin connects to your panel and you are able to arm/disarm from the HS screen.
    Click Done

At this point, you have created a HS Virtual Device that you can turn on and off.

Next, create 2 events - one that arms your system, then one that disarms the system - both are triggered by that Virtual Device changing:

Now, HS is ready. You'll need to bridge your system to Alexa using the Alexa app and discovering your devices.

Leviton put together a great doc on how to configure HS and my plugin for use with the OMNI - check it out: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-5146

Hope this helps.

"First, ensure the plugin connects to your panel and you are able to arm/disarm from the HS screen."

I am connected to the Omni panel, and devices are enumerated. I don't know where or how to arm/disarm from the HS screen. Thanks.

Don

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by elmerbug View Post

Newbie question: How did you accomplish this? There is obviously so much I have to learn here. My setup: Leviton Omni Pro II, Homeseer Zee, brand new, and Amazon Echo. Overall goal: HA and security commands via voice (Alexa)
    Click Done

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• elmerbug
    replied
    I use "Alexa, turn on the Alarm" where "Alarm" is a virtual device. There is an event that is keyed off this event to arm the system.
    Newbie question: How did you accomplish this? There is obviously so much I have to learn here. My setup: Leviton Omni Pro II, Homeseer Zee, brand new, and Amazon Echo. Overall goal: HA and security commands via voice (Alexa)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X