Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of life

I saw this notice online today.
    Leviton has discontinued production of all Omni controllers and accessories.
    It came from Home Controls so I view it as fairly authoritative.

Yeah, they had an extremely long run by industry standards.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Crap! Why did they buy HAI in the first place only to do no further development and then kill it?

Comment

Thinking it was about money. Initially I did believe that Leviton wanted to expand on the OmniLine and saw no money in it and the competition.

The writing was on the wall. That said Leviton will continue to honor the Omni stuff warranty and will do repairs and replacements if necessary.

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.20
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 5.20

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

What's the competition for something as comprehensive and all in one as the Omni???

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
            What's the competition for something as comprehensive and all in one as the Omni???
            Elk M1 Gold plus Homeseer will probably cover everything you need.

Comment

There was never any competition to the combo HAI Omni Panels or Elk M1 Panels traditional security panels.

Elk today is struggling and not really sure how much longer it will last.

That said today you would have to look hard for a combo security automation panel that talks X10, UPB, HLC, ZWave and Zigbee (plus much more) and can connect to analog wired sensors and wireless sensors.

But most folks today do not utilize powerline.

Way back picked the OmniPro 2 panels mostly because of the small footprint.

I DIY installed some 3-4 panels over the years. I have plenty of spare parts and can support myself. It's probably been over 6-7 years that I have called for support.

The panels will outlast me.

There are users on this forum and around that are still using serial only Omni Panels from the 1990's and they work just fine not connecting to the internet.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.20
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 5.20

Comment

Well, that's disconcerting news, but probably good for me at I'm still on an OnQ 10A01 1.3r ROM version of the controller. I was trying to work up an upgrade plan to get be from HS1 to HS3 and it looked like the only way was to get a newer Flash Upgradable OMNI 3.x board. Might still do that, as those boards, and others will now probably start showing up on eBay in a short time.

I have too much invested in my dedicated wiring and interface to HS1 on my current setup. So moving from at least, 1990's tech to 2018 tech (even though now discontinued) should still keep me going until my own ticker stops.

George

Comment

Well, I called Richie at Worthington Distribution and bit the bullet. Ordered the latest and last OmniPro II board that HAI put out before being discontinued.

So now, I'm looking at a forklift upgrade of my HS 1.7 Windows XP/OmniPro 1.3 system to OmniPro ver 4.2 and HS3 Pro on Windows 7 Pro. As nothing will transfer, neither in HS or Dealer Access, I'm going to lay everything out on static mats on a table and physically retype in all the programs, zones, rooms, devices, events, and all the other happy horseshit from scratch.

As to moving to Z-Wave, I will be but with 75+ X10 endpoints it will be a gradual migration once I replace everything and get it working 'as is'.

A question, Rich said that with the new OmniPro and the"
                  LEVVRC0P-1LW EACH vizia rf + Serial Interface Mo
                  LEVVRUSB-1US EACH Vizia RF+ Installer Tool and U

which is included, he stated that I only need to add new Z-Wave devices to the OmniPro and that the HST Plugin will read any new devices from the panel at HS startup, so I don't have to run around again and have HS find them. Is that correct? Or do I have to do a double whammy and possibly get devices and mac addresses all goofed up?

Thanks in advance,
                  g

BTW, anyone know where I can get an OmniTouch 7 touchscreen in White? Black is available but it looks like White is a hens tooth. Anyone have one laying around they would like to barter. I have ton's of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                    Well, I called Richie at Worthington Distribution and bit the bullet. Ordered the latest and last OmniPro II board that HAI put out before being discontinued.

So now, I'm looking at a forklift upgrade of my HS 1.7 Windows XP/OmniPro 1.3 system to OmniPro ver 4.2 and HS3 Pro on Windows 7 Pro. As nothing will transfer, neither in HS or Dealer Access, I'm going to lay everything out on static mats on a table and physically retype in all the programs, zones, rooms, devices, events, and all the other happy horseshit from scratch.

As to moving to Z-Wave, I will be but with 75+ X10 endpoints it will be a gradual migration once I replace everything and get it working 'as is'.

A question, Rich said that with the new OmniPro and the"
                    LEVVRC0P-1LW EACH vizia rf + Serial Interface Mo
                    LEVVRUSB-1US EACH Vizia RF+ Installer Tool and U

which is included, he stated that I only need to add new Z-Wave devices to the OmniPro and that the HST Plugin will read any new devices from the panel at HS startup, so I don't have to run around again and have HS find them. Is that correct? Or do I have to do a double whammy and possibly get devices and mac addresses all goofed up?

Thanks in advance,
                    g

BTW, anyone know where I can get an OmniTouch 7 touchscreen in White? Black is available but it looks like White is a hens tooth. Anyone have one laying around they would like to barter. I have ton's of stuff.
                    Wish someone would buy the Omni line and take it to the level that it can be. There are plenty of HA solutions out there but I've found nothing as integrated with security as the Omni. Not to mention the multiple serial ports for controlling external devices. My Omni controls my Russound Home Audio, IR generator and Carrier Infinity Thermostat. Can't beat that integration.

Comment

so I don't have to run around again and have HS find them. Is that correct?

You will need to pair up new Z-Wave devices with the panel after you have them in the VRCOP. The you have to match the ZWave numbers with the Unit numbers in PCA.

Here put my VRCOP in recieve mode and got all of the ZWave devices (120VAC devices - no wireless sensors) from the ZNet device.

BUT all of my in wall switches here are UPB and working well. The OmniPro 2 panel still connects here to X10 (via a dual phased Volpe device), HAI UPB, HAI VRCOP (ZWave) and an HAI Zigbee ZIM)

BTW, anyone know where I can get an OmniTouch 7 touchscreen in White?

Doesn't Worthington have them or overlays sold separately.

I have stuck with the 5.7e's here and now can edit them using the HAI designer.

That and I have 7" touchscreens that I use with HAI Omnitouch Pro screens (editable) that I like way better than the Omnitouch 7 screens.

This is my personal preference and relating to the many issues that Leviton had with the 7" touchscreen (piece of junk that it is).

The email board is also problematic and uses one of your serial ports. I would stay away from this device also.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                      X