Status images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status images

Having a lot of problems with status images for lights and thermostats. HS support is saying it might be the plugin.
    Does your plugin have any control over status images?? I find it hard to believe but maybe they're right.

When you create a device in the plugin, by clicking on the checkbox, devices are created with status images.

What type of problem are you having?
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

I'm using HS Touch and using custom images by way of the "statuscollection" element. It's only displaying one of the images I choose. It's taking the other image from the default html\images folder.
      What it's doing is taking the "active" status image from the statuscollection, but the "inactive" image from the default for thermostats. And it does the opposite for lights.
      I don't know if it's related to the actual device or maybe it's related to the order I chose them. Meaning why it's taking active for tstats and inactive for lights.
      Weird thing is it works perfectly on the desktop client, just seeing the error on the Android client.
      More info here:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...oolean-element

Comment

The plugin doesnt do anything with HSTouch other than provide it a standard status image. You can change any of those status images in each device.

That thread is a little confusing. If I read it correctly, you are having issues with the android client displaying the 'inactive' device image?
        If so, I noticed that you are using MatchStatus in HSTouch. I've always found MatchStatus hit-or-miss. Use MatchValue instead and use the value from the device.

I've had HSTouch screens using OMNI devices for years. I cant recall having any of the issues you are having. Just forget about the images in html/images and the skins folder.
        Start small with a single device and get that working first, then add more images as needed.

Comment

I didn't think it would be the plugin, I'll be sure to tell support if I ever hear from them.

Thanks for the tip on statusvalue, I'll give it a try.

Comment

MatchValue doesn't give you the option of custom images so that's out. Has to be MatchStatus.

Comment

The latest Designer is showing MatchValue. This example shows a status graphic to be displayed when that device's value reaches 50:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	88
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1306225

Comment

This software is odd....
                I was selecting StatusTracking/Use Value, thinking that's what you meant.
                Now I see StatusTracking/Use Status Image, go into collections and change to MatchValue in there.
                Gonna try that now.

Comment

No good. Works great on desktop client, only active images on Android client. Same as MatchStatus.

Comment

ok, this is an HSTouch issue, not a plugin issue. You might want to point support to this thread.

Comment

I figured it out. For some reason when using custom images they have to be the exact size and don't resize like using the "imageNormal" and "ImagePressed" elements.

Comment

Working...
                      X