Omni Locks and google Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni Locks and google Home

Just started setting up Google Home with HS and I don't have any locks showing up in GH.
    Is this something the plugin does or HS itself?

Giving this a bump as I would like to know if this is supposed to be a capability or not. I've added my locks to HS and enabled them as voice device but they do not show up on Google Home. Should they? Or do I just need to map a series of button commands to lock and unlock my doors?

Comment

I dont use Google Home, but I imagine the best way to do this is with a virtual device. Try the following:

Create a new device called 'Door Lock' and enable the voice command checkbox. Make your Voice Command 'Door Lock'.
      Now, have GH discover your devices and make sure it shows up in GH before going any further.
      Once it's in the list, try the different GH commands to control that Virtual Device: 'Hey Google, open the door lock', etc.
      You should see the Virtual Device change status in HS.
      Once you verify that you can control that device reliably, create an Event that is triggered on that Virtual Device, then have the action control an OMNI button or device.
      HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
      68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
      Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Working...
      X