Can it be incorporated with Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can it be incorporated with Homeseer?

I have a client that has some older HAI stuff. Couple of thermostats and security system I am not familiar with it but it looks like some of Leviton HAI stuff can be integrated. Can this be included in Homeseer and if so.. What do I need except plugin to get it working?

I did a little search and board looks like Omni Pro II board but I might be wrong and thermostat looks like Omnistat 2 RC-2000.

I did not really took closer look as I was not sure if it could be used with Homeseer at all.

Hoping someone has good experience with this stuff.

Thanks in advance. Charles
    Attached Files

It can but I would upgrade the chip to the final version (4.0b) to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
      It can but I would upgrade the chip to the final version (4.0b) to make sure.
      How difficult is that? Does everything need to be setup/programmed from start if the chip is changed?

Just trying to figure out if that is something I can handle and how much work/time it will involve since I have never worked with this system.

Thank you. Charles

Comment

Personally I would post on the Cocoontech forum under the HAI section.

The combo HAI security automation is very different from typical security panels.

hxxp://cocoontech.com/forums/forum/55-home-automation-inc-hai/

Once the combo panel is updated and configured then using HS3 with the Omni plugin will be easy peasey.

FYI. in order to program the panel you will need the dealer version of Leviton PC Access or subcontract an installer to program the panel and the 4 digit installer code which typically different than the user codes.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If I can "find" the software will I gain full access to the system without need for the code?

I'll check it the forum. Thanks

Comment

No you will need the installer code. It might be written on the inside of the panel or the orginal installer provided the number to the owners or left at default.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You can also program via the keypad with the installer code.

Have a look at the installation manual.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

You can still purchase the dealers PCA program from any Leviton dealer or even on eBay.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Sounds like it might be best to have Leviton installer to come out. The owner is second owner since the system was installed. I bet he doesn't have anything.

They have Charmed Quark System running with it. First time hearing about Charmed.. 😊

Anyway they wanted to update and expand home automation and wanted to use existing HAI of possible.

I can't learn everything..🤯

Comment

Anyway they wanted to update and expand home automation and wanted to use existing HAI of possible.

They can expand their automation and utilize the OmniPro 2 panel for this.

Here the heartbeat of the home is via the OmniPro 2 panel.

Connected are HAI Omni touchscreens, Omnistat, Russound audio, extended temperature and humidity sensors, X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee all working 100%.

I have the newer OP2 panel that is updatable via the ethernet port and it has more serial ports on it. The old panel though with the upgradable chips will work fine for the owners.

Yes if the installer code was left at default then the panel will be easy to program.

Heck I can have a look at it and save the configuration for the owners.

Any changes to the panel though I would have to charge for my time.

If there is no installer code available or changed from default then you will need to send the panel over to Leviton to reset the installer code.

The author of Charmed Quark System posts on Cocoontech all of the time. I have read good things about CQC over the years.

I would suggest contacting CQC / author Dean Roddey on Cocoontech or via email support at charmedquark.com. I am sure he could get them up and running or help you help them.

It would be a lesser cost if they utilized CQC instead of introducing new software. Note here have used Homeseer since the beginning and used Homeseer 2 with the HAI serial plugin years ago.

Look for the installer code and PM me if you have it.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hi Pete, thanks for the offer. I'll contact them to see if they have it. I'll let you know either way.. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X