Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OmniPro II Question: Auto-restore of Bypassed Zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OmniPro II Question: Auto-restore of Bypassed Zone?

This is a question for the OmniPro II user community. I am pretty sure that I am experiencing an OmniPro II anomaly that is NOT related to the OMNI plug-in. I just don't know where else to ask.

In one of my security areas I have a zone that is untrustworthy. The zone is a microwave motion sensor that covers the interior of a large shop. I have occasionally been getting false intrusion reports while the area was in AWAY security mode. Though it's possible that the sensor is failing, I think it more likely that it is being triggered by critters (bats?) that may have taken refuge inside the building.

I have bypassed this zone to avoid false alarm armed response until I can figure out what's going on. But that's not my immediate concern.

This is my problem: I have determined that every time the security area enters the AWAY mode, the zone immediately changes from SECURE-BYPASSED status to SECURE status -- i.e., the zone is being restored. It only happens when the area security mode changes to AWAY. Other mode changes do not affect the zone bypass status (though I have not tested VACATION).

The obvious suspects are my HS3 event suite and my OmniPro II automation programs. I have examined both carefully, and I am unable to find anything that would account for the unwanted zone restore. I have searched the OP II User's Manual, and I can also find nothing helpful there. OP II has an auto-bypass feature, but I find nothing about an "auto-restore." The HS3 log shows no awareness of this zone restore activity.

My current workaround seems to be effective. I wrote an event which forces the zone into BYPASS mode whenever the unwanted restore occurs. (Thank you, rmasonjr. I really appreciate the reliability and completeness of your OMNI plug-in interface!)

My question: Has anyone else experienced similar unwanted zone bypass restores? If so, what have you learned, and what have you done about it?

Thanks for the kind words - always appreciated!
    I have one zone that is on permanent bypass since the sensor itself is bad.

I looked through the OMNI docs and I dont see anything that jumps out at me for automatically restoring a zone. In my setup, just the zone itself is set to bypass and I do not use the Auto-Bypass feature that is on the main config screen.

Subscribing in case others have encountered this.

Thanks
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

This happened to me too back in February with a sensor that had been acting up. Until I could solve the problem, I put the zone in SECURE-BYPASSED from the plugin, but as with (ericg) it would automatically change back to SECURE once the system was set to ARMED AWAY. As a band-aid I reconfigured the zone type in the OMNI panel from PERIMETER to TROUBLE until I could sort this all out. I then created an HS event that sent a Pushover message to me any time the status of that zone changed. I haven't sorted it out yet and I've received Pushover messages twice since then from that zone. Both times when it's been cold, wet and humid out. That gives me something to work with on solving the sensor problems, but the automatic switch back to SECURE has me scratching my head as well.

When I placed the zone in SECURE-BYPASSED I did it through the plugin. I never did do it through the OMNI keypad... not that there should be a difference. But I will try that when I get a chance just to see what happens.

Comment

I have just now verified that it doesn't matter whether the zone bypass is instigated via the panel or the OMNI plug-in -- same result, either way. I'm beginning to think this may be an undocumented OmniPro II "feature."

Comment

One way to do it is that in a When Away program set a 'say' 1 minute timer. Once the timer fires, issue the Bypass Zone command to re-bypass it.

Comment

George , this event is working fine for me (no timer necessary):

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-06-10_12-03-19.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	1309808

But thanks for your suggestion.

Are you a pilot? I was born and raised in Chillicothe. During college summer jobs my Indianapolis boss let me learn to fly in his Piper J3 Cub -- barrels of fun!

Comment

Eric,

Yup, have owned my own plane for about 30 years now. Boy, now that I say it, I feel pretty old! Ever hear of a Socata TB-10?
              So two very expensive hobbies. All I do it fly planes and play with computers, and in my real life job, they actually pay be to do the later!

Comment

Working...
              X