Not having to recreate all my devices on my new HS3 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not having to recreate all my devices on my new HS3 system

Richey at Worthington Dist, when I gave him my upgrade synopsis, told me to not bother to create any devices in HS but to concentrate on making sure all the relevant devices are in the Omni panel and that the plugin upon reading the panel, if the devices are not already defined, will create new devices.

Just wanted to make sure that's the case so I don't go down a blind alley.

Thanks in advance,
    George

BTW, is there an HS2 version of the plugin lurking somewhere that I can use in the mean time?

Yes. Once the Omni Plugin reads the panel then it will create all of the devices. For Zones / Areas / Output /Units / Flags / Units / Temperature/Humidity sensors / Thermostats. You just hit the enable or disable device on what it sees.

HS3 is as different as HS2 was to HS1. Personally I would just go to Homeseer 3. The Homeseer 2 HAI serial plugin is way different than the Homeseer 3 Omni plugin.

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yup, I'm beginning to think if it's worth the effort. I may just work on getting my new OmniPro setup and just bite the bullet on HS3

Comment

I've found that the OMNI plug-in does a great job of linking HS3 and my OmniPro II system. So good, in fact, that I no longer think of them separately. It's just one big system that combines all the best features of both.

Comment

Great to know that. At least I know where to concentrate my efforts from now on.

Now if I can just find the darn Z-Stick I ordered from HST. It came (the post office shows it as delivered) but the wife put the little box somewhere and can't remember where. I've been tearing my Den and basement upside down and can't find the darn thing. I even wrote HST and told me exactly that it was a brown box and it's dimensions so I could at least know what I was looking for and that it wasn't in a padded envelope or something. Three weeks now and I've just about thrown in the towel and just going to order me a new one, as they are dirt cheap compared to the Z-Wave devices I've been ordering.

I'll probably find it in a month or so, under some clothes in the laundry room. GRRRRRR

Comment

Here primary light switches are UPB connected to an HAI UPB PIM / OP2. That said also have a dual phased Volp TW5232 like X10 controller plugged in to the OP2 panel.

and a ZWave VRCOP and Zigbee ZIM.

Note that the VRCOP talks to only 120VAC ZWave switches. Powerline X10 and UPB are 100% working. For OP2 utilized wired sensors (16 X 3).

Using an Omnistat 2 after using the old RC80 for many years. Russound (X2) zoned amps plugged in serially (actually to a mini serial server).

For Homeseer utilize a ZNet like device mounted POE style in the attic (RPi2). I have been able to replicate the ZWave network from the ZNet device to the VRCOP and Samsung Smartthings (although the hub is currently off).

Concurrent to this tinkering with MQTT / mcsMQTT and a MQTT OmniPro plugin. While I utilize HS Touch also have Omnitouch 5.7 (legacy-serial) and Omnitouch 5.7e's and Omnitouch Pro on touchscreens. Lately been tinkering with the HAI touchscreen designer. It is not really intuitive.

For management of HSTouch Designer, UPB Upstart, HAI PCA, HAI OmniPro touch screen designer built a Windows 2016 standard server which I RDP to. Connected to the server are two UPB PIMs (one remote and one local).
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X