OMNI HS3 plug in fails to download and install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMNI HS3 plug in fails to download and install

I have windows 10, tried removing the legacy homeseer version of the plugin after purchasing this new version...have HS3 Pro

I update the plugin page under mange plugins, check the omni plugin box then click on download/install and it tries but ends in a failure...

Try shutting down Homeseer and using file manager delete any reference to the legacy plugin - IE all DLL, INI files and subdirectories created by the legacy plugin.

Start up Homeseer and install the Omni Plugin.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

just happened to look at the logs and it says that the hs3pro is old. have 3.0.0.96 need 3.0.0,297...not obvious how to do an upgrade without going the trial route and reload completely

Comment

Not sure if there are plugin dependencies on the version of HS3. I am on V.534 Windows HS3 Pro (test) and Linux HS3 Pro (Production).

That said shut down HS3, back up the HS3 directory first.

1 - update HS3
        2 - install the new plugin

If that doesn't work then post here your results.

Not sure if you configured anything with legacy plugin (variables - scripts).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Jul-15 9:56:21 AM Updater Install/Update of package OMNI failed.
          Jul-15 9:56:21 AM Updater Error Installation of package OMNI failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
          Jul-15 9:56:21 AM Updater Error This package requires version 3.0.0.297 of HomeSeer, and you have version 3.0.0.96 so the installation will not continue.
          Jul-15 9:56:21 AM Updater Installing package OMNI
          Jul-15 9:56:21 AM Updater Update hspi_omni.exe downloaded successfully
          Jul-15 9:56:20 AM Updater Downloading update: OMNI
          Jul-15 9:56:20 AM Updater Starting download of updates
          Jul-15 9:56:05 AM Info System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.

Comment

Omni was disabled fyi

Comment

i think the homeseer log is an hsd file? if so is there an offline reader?

Comment

all good. upgraded to HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.534 (Windows), which allowed the OMNI plug in to load..fixed the config and now see the buttons and outputs I was looking for.

Minor issues-

1. CheckDevicesForUpgrade (Thermostat): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

what does this mean--wrong version thermostat for the plugin? thermostat does not register

2. I don't get an names_codes...panel codes for statusing

Comment

what does this mean--wrong version thermostat for the plugin?

No. If you see your thermostat with PCA then your should see it in the Omni Plugin. Try disabling plugin, reboot, enabling plugin.

I don't get an names_codes...panel codes for statusing

I am guessing that you have enabled the devices under the Omni configuration.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I see the TSTAT with PCA albiet I don't have the first slot filled (removed the first for other reasons) only TSTAT2 is filled with a valid device.

disabling, reboot (assuming reboot of HS3) and enabling had no joy.

With respect to the panel codes, enabling the device under the omni config drop down in HS3 is correct and what I did for temperature sensors, humidity, buttons etc but nothing comes up for codes and TSTAT's to enable..is there another way via a config file?

Comment

I see the TSTAT with PCA albiet I don't have the first slot filled (removed the first for other reasons) only TSTAT2 is filled with a valid device.

You enter the thermostat ID in PCA. PCA does not automagically see the thermostat unless you have entered the thermostat ID first.

Thinking you need the installer version of PCA to do this.

See attached picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	thermostat.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	1315970
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Make sure all your thermostats, units, etc are all 'named' in PC Access. In your thermostat list above, thermostat 1 is named, but thermostat 2 is not.
                        Once named, they will show up in the plugin list.
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

just named the first and second tstat rows (again ID 1 is unused). disabled and reenabled the plugin no joy...also no codes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	160
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1316022
                            changed to this restarted an still no thermostat...fyi this is the installers ver of pca

Comment

Did you 'Write to Controller' after naming?
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                              X