The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Future

Hi, what will be the future of this plugin now that Leviton has buried the Omni? IMHO it is more important than ever at this point to keep development alive as people continue to look for future control/enhancements to the Omni which won't be coming from Leviton. Given its extremely long run there has to be a gazillion units still in use. I dont see people ditching them, including myself, for a very long time to come.

Adding a Homeseer Zee along with this plugin is a great and inexpensive way to breathe new life into a relatively old product.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I have no plans to cease development. It's important to me to have the plugin work with any new hubs that HS will offer. The fact that you can have Alexa/Google Home integration with these panels is a testament to how durable they are.

Earlier this year, I almost had a deal with Leviton on procuring an audio system for plugin integration, but it fell through. I'd like to get audio working, but right now, it's looking like after the first of the year before I can get the hardware and integrate.

I wont divulge plugin numbers, but you would not believe the number of OMNI users that have the plugin and never come to the board. It's a huge number to say the least.

Thanks!
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Rob this is excellent news and I really want to thank you for the incredible work you do developing this plugin (and continuing the development). I know all of us paid for the plugin but thanks are still in order.

To me the most important changes I'd like to see is the dimming issue (SET LEVEL vs DIM etc) that I raised before and Audio (incl HiFi2) integration.

I cannot speak for everyone on these forums but personally I would be more than happy to pay extra for the audio as an example. It is just fair you get reimbursed for dev work.

PS As an aside, I'm always available to help with testing if you have dodgy beta builds that you want someone to try out.

Comment

Thanks Christoff, will do!
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
        X