Adding UPB in OMNI, updating plug in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding UPB in OMNI, updating plug in

What is the proper way to add/update a device (unit) in HS when there is a change in Omni?

I have many UPB devices and the Omni plug-in (3.0.2.20) pulled them over long ago. Many UPB/HS devices are set up through the plugin and lots of events working just fine. Now, I added one new UPB device and I updated Omni via PC Access. The only way I know is to stop/start the plug-in.

What happens to all the related HS devices, are they obliterated, re-polled, and then will I end up creating new ones? This doesn't seem right as all events will be messed up. So, I'm sure I don't fully understand exactly what happens when you stop/start the plugin.

Thanks if you can clear this up for me...

When the plugin starts up, it queries the panel for all devices. Any existing devices will be fine since they are saved in HS. New devices will show up in the plugin config page where you can click the checkbox to add them to HS.

So, you are fine - just add your UPB to OMNI, then start/stop the plugin and you'll see them in the Units tab (make sure you named them in OMNI).
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      When the plugin starts up, it queries the panel for all devices. Any existing devices will be fine since they are saved in HS. New devices will show up in the plugin config page where you can click the checkbox to add them to HS.

So, you are fine - just add your UPB to OMNI, then start/stop the plugin and you'll see them in the Units tab (make sure you named them in OMNI).
      Thanks much, Rob. It has been some time since I've worked with the panel and HS. Brain freeze.

Comment

Working...
      X