Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using HS3 and/or the Omni Plugin to send text messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using HS3 and/or the Omni Plugin to send text messages?

Please forgive me if this is covered in here somewhere. As many may know the Omni text message board did not work so well. Can someone familiar with HS3 and/or the Omni plugin tell me is there some way to use the HS controller to get triggers from the Omni that then send out reliable text messages about things like alarms and events, for example? I have not yet tried HS3 or the Omni plugin so I basically know nothing about either so far! Thinking about trying the free HS3 trial on this Raspberry Pi I have here. Is there a free trial available for the Omni plugin? Thank you, Lee

I do it all the time from HS. You send an email to your phone providers gateway that turns it into a text and sends it to the phone number supplied. Each mobile phone company has such a gateway.
    1. Alltel: phonenumber@message.alltel.com.
    2. AT&T: phonenumber@txt.att.net.
    3. T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net.
    4. Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com.
    5. Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
    6. Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com.
    7. Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com.
    8. US Cellular: phonenumber@mms.uscc.net.
    tenholde

Comment

That much I am very familiar with. Do you know if the emails you send from HS can be triggered by the Omni controller? Thank you for your input!

Comment

If you can trigger an HS, then it can send the email
        tenholde

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Here is an event that notifies you via SMS if anyone disarmed the system and who disarmed it, The $$DSR:1503: is the device reference of the user code, which pulls the name.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot.png Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	1341243
            HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
            64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
            UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
            Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Trying to do same thing. What equipment/software/plug-ins needed to replace Omni notifier? Just discovering this forum and new to Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
              X