No announcement yet.

Event for Controlling Omni Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If something is corrupt, can I uninstall the Omni plugin and reinstall with out having issues while on the 30 day trial?
    It sure as heck seems that its corruption from my last post. Starting from scratch might be better for me at this point... thoughts welcome...

Comment

Homer-j-simpson137,

Regarding your experiences of a bypassed zone becoming unbypassed when an area enters AWAY mode, you might find this thread helpful:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...ne#post1308977

It's been awhile, but I believe I (and others) concluded that this situation is actually an OP2 anomaly having nothing to do with HS3.

Comment

Thanks. I just read the thread and it seems that they are experiencing the issue even when they arm in away from the Omni itself. When I do this, the zone says Bypassed. It's only when I use HS to set the alarm to away mode it unbypasses the one. I have deleted the Omni plugin and deleted all the config. I will reinstall and see what happens. Hope this works.

Comment

If you need an additional 30d trial, contact HomeSeer and they will get you a new code.
          HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
          64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by Homer-j-simpson137 View Post
            Thanks. I just read the thread and it seems that they are experiencing the issue even when they arm in away from the Omni itself. When I do this, the zone says Bypassed. It's only when I use HS to set the alarm to away mode it unbypasses the one. I have deleted the Omni plugin and deleted all the config. I will reinstall and see what happens. Hope this works.
            One thing that might account for our different bypass experiences:

In my case, upon entry to AWAY mode, OP2 was automatically transitioning a zone from SECURE-BYPASSED to SECURE. If your zone is in a state of continuously NOT READY, then I could see why OP2 would not automatically change the zone from NOT READY-BYPASSED to NOT READY when you change the area mode to AWAY. If it did, then the alarm would be triggered immediately!

The OP2 firmware has a system option, configurable by area, called Auto Bypass. If that option is selected, and you go AWAY with, say, a zoned window left open, then the system is supposed to forgive the discrepancy by invoking an automatic bypass of the zone that is not ready. I don't use this option -- perhaps you do?

OK, this being said, when the config is like the above and I arm the Omni in "Away" mode from the Omni, it "UN-Bypasses" the zone immediately and then when the system finishes its 60 second countdown and arms in away mode, all heck breaks looses with alarms going off. In troubleshooting this, I found out that if I removed the "Armed From Omni Panel - Away Mode (Omni/HS Sync)" event, and ran the same scenario, the zone stays bypassed.
            If you are using the Auto Bypass option of OP2, then it is likely that arming AWAY mode from the OP2 panel will preserve your zone in bypassed mode -- that is the purpose of the option. But if you change to AWAY mode via the HS3 OMNI plug-in, then OP2 may be doing what others have experienced -- i.e., killing the bypass status.

To me, this hypothesis sounds plausible. But I admit, it is just a guessing game. You do have another option: Instead of fretting about a zone that won't stay bypassed, you can always change the zone type to Auxiliary. An Auxiliary zone will never trigger any alarm, allowing you to get back to your life.

Comment

Working...
            X