Error in log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in log

I've been trying to track down an "unknown" location2 entry but can't find it anywhere.
    In the log I see these errors at startup and wondering if it may be connected.

Code:
    2/8/2020 9:01:52 AM HomeSeer Warning Issue checking parent device (42) OMNI Omni Pro II
    2/8/2020 9:01:52 AM HomeSeer Warning Device (42) OMNI Omni Pro II references a child device with a device ref of 108 but the device does not exist
    Ref ID 108 does not exist
    How can I get the plugin to figure that out?

It looks like one of the child devices was deleted. Can you tell me what device is 42?
    Under Tools -> Setup -> Custom tab, tick this option:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	120
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1361259
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

It says right in the log that 42 is the omni.
      2/8/2020 9:01:52 AM HomeSeer Warning Issue checking parent device (42) OMNI Omni Pro II

So yeah, it's the Omni Panel.

Comment

Yes, but that is a HomeSeer warning on that device. I was wanting to make sure that 42 is the OMNI root device in HS.
        In any case, the root cause is that a child device was deleted and I was wanting to see if the root device looks ok.

Comment

So then how do I get rid of the deleted device?

Comment

The deleted device (108) is already gone, if you want the warning to go away, we need to get it back.
            The parent device (42) should have all child devices listed under it in the device view.

Comment

C'mon man. How could it still be listed if it were deleted?
              is there somewhere the driver would have it listed still.
              I already tried rebooting, stopping and starting the driver. The only other thing would be deleting the driver and adding it back again but I don't want to do that because of events.
              So where is this device still being seen by the driver?

Comment

The way HomeSeer works is that you have a parent device (42) that has an internal list of all child devices that belong to that parent. One of those devices is id 108.
                When HomeSeer starts up it is checking to see if all those Ids belong to real devices. 108 has been removed, so it's telling you that in the log.

You could try the following:
                Tools -> Setup -> Labs -> Fix Relationships.
                That is a HS process that might fix the process.

The only way to get that 108 back is from a backup or delete all the OMNI devices and start over.

Comment

Talked to Homeseer support about this. They said the develop should know how to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
                    Talked to Homeseer support about this. They said the develop should know how to fix this.
                    Interesting . I'm supposed to know how to rebuild a deleted device without any info.
                    Ok. I'll give it a shot.

Please post a screenshot of all your omni devices, and I'll write some code for you to try.

Comment

Listen, I'm not stupid, I know they're just passing the buck as usual but there has to be a way to clear this. They obviously want nothing to do with it.

There has to be some database or xml somewhere keeping track of child devices. Which there has to be some way of editing it.

The only devices I removed were a few zwave devices. I removed them from the Omni panel, then turned them off in the plugin.
                      Is there any way to find out what device was ref 108 on my end?

Comment

Yes. From a backup before this happened.
                        If that's not available, the root device has a reference ID that might be able to shed some light. Since you've yet to provide any info on what this device was, I can't even make an educated guess.

Also, I saw in another thread that you are on Hs4.
                        I can't even begin to guess how to create your missing device in Hs4 until it is released from beta.

So, we have a few options.
                        Go back to your hs3 installation and I can try to recreate this missing device with a lot more info , you can restore a backup prior to this issue, or, we can keep going , but I need a lot more info than you are providing. Another option is the nuclear option where you start over from scratch, which, in all likelihood, is the best all-around option.

Pick one and I'll help you as best I can.

Comment

Working...
                        X