Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omni plugin & Alexa: She never finds a device.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni plugin & Alexa: She never finds a device.

Ok, ongoing challenge. I have a virtual device created to set Omni to Armed Night. The device works as expected. Alexa discovery does not find it.

It's hard to say. Do you have the Voice Command box populated with the command?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	241
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1367609
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I do.

Comment

I noticed your pic has a field "Device:" in it. See my snapshot. I do not have that in mine. Is this maybe the issue. Perhaps I missed a configuration step? Click image for larger version

Name:	Device field.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1367613

Comment

Ok, I did what some posters tried: I disabled and unlinked the HS Smart Home skill, then re-enabled it. Alexa found all my configured devices. Whew!

Comment

yep - you got it!

Comment

Hi,
              I purchased the Omni plugin yesterday, and configured to get data from Omni, I could see all lights and zones in HS4, I am able to control the lights and zones from HS console. I enabled voice for two or three lights and then tried to add "HomeSeer SmartHome" in Alexa, added the myhs details, I clicked discover devices, I still don't see the lights etc which were enabled in HS as voice commands. Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by jindala View Post
                Hi,
                I purchased the Omni plugin yesterday, and configured to get data from Omni, I could see all lights and zones in HS4, I am able to control the lights and zones from HS console. I enabled voice for two or three lights and then tried to add "HomeSeer SmartHome" in Alexa, added the myhs details, I clicked discover devices, I still don't see the lights etc which were enabled in HS as voice commands. Any help?
                When you setup your HS devices with Voice Commands, did you also tick the checkbox for Voice Command?

There's also a really good setup doc from Leviton at:
                http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-5146

Let me know if you run into anything.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks for replying, yeah I followed the same document. The only thing is that the screen shots were with HS3, but I have HS4, there is a little difference. Also I did not add voice command to every light, I just want to test first before I spend all the time to add all lights etc.

Comment

I haven't moved to Hs4 yet, but I think there is a separate tick box for voice command.

Also, under your network setup, make sure you have myhs and JSON support ticked, then discover devices.
                    Check your HS logs for any messages during the discovery process.

Comment

I did check that box for Voice command. But I am not able to find below?

Also, under your network setup, make sure you have myhs and JSON support ticked, then discover devices.

Comment

I found that, myhs and Json are ticked, there are two skills in Alexa.
                        1. Homeseer Smart Home
                        2. HomeSeer Home Automaton Skill

I tried each of these, even both at the same time enabled, still it doesn't work.

Comment

Below are the pictures of the settings
                          Attached Files

Comment

I found that, myhs and Json are ticked, there are two skills in Alexa.
                            1. Homeseer Smart Home
                            2. HomeSeer Home Automaton Skill

I tried each of these, even both at the same time enabled, still it doesn't work.
                            You should only use the first one. the second one uses "Tell HomeSeer to...."

Comment

Below are the pictures of the settings
                              These settings look fine. When you discover devices, is there anything in the HS log? In HS3, it is something like:
                              Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version 2

I'm not sure how it works in HS4 yet, but I would expect you see the same sort of log entry.
                              If you dont have a log entry for device discovery, then it has to be something between Alexa/myhs

Comment

Working...
                              X