State machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State machine?

Do I write state logic in HS3 events to toggle virtual device states? For example, if I disarm Omni, then by definition, all Arm states are off in the Omni panel. Is the Omni plugin aware of the changed states and does it set the virtual device state correctly? Or do I need to create Actions in my HS3 Events that explicitly toggle the virtual device states to the correct value?

No, virtual devices are only set by HS, not the plugin. You might not actually need to keep a virtual device in sync with the OMNI, though. Obviously, you can do it that way with HS events, but it's not required.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks! Here are some the challenges of Devices not kept in sync with Omni: 1) Since the event logic is "
      IF First Floor OMNI System Arm Alarm Night changes and becomes On"
      (Emphasis on the word "changes" is mine.) The state of the device property must change for the event to fire. If either my state logic has not toggled the Device state property, or HS has not synced it, then the event does not fire. Is this syncing the purpose of the Linked Device Property in virtual devices? Am I understanding this correctly?

Comment

I've only used the "Linked Device Property" to control other devices. I've never used it myself to control virtual devices, but I see no reason it wouldnt work.
        What you really should do is add another action after your logic to change the virtual device to whatever you want.
        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
        68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Bingo. That's what I needed to know. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X