Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMNI plugin - HS3 ZEE S2 Edition

Hello,

I have a Omni Pro II i would like to interface with. Have HAI thermostats, and ALC lighting throughout home.
    Will running the
    "Rob Mason OMNI Software Plugin" on a HS3 ZEE S2 work/supported? Any issues, limitations by running it on a HS3 ZEE S2 ?

Much appreciated.

Yep - it will run fine on a Zee S2. There is a 30d trial, so try it out and make sure it works for you.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by madburg View Post
      Hello,

I have a Omni Pro II i would like to interface with. Have HAI thermostats, and ALC lighting throughout home.
      Will running the
      "Rob Mason OMNI Software Plugin" on a HS3 ZEE S2 work/supported? Any issues, limitations by running it on a HS3 ZEE S2 ?

Much appreciated.

I can attest it works very well. A great bridge/integration of my Omni system. Especially now that the Omni has been discontinued by Leviton, I'm looking at ways to slowly migrate the automation from the Omni to the HomeSeer Zee. The only (current) limitation is the Omni plugin doesn't handle Omni Scenes (aka UPB links.) Rob is looking into a "possible" upgrade. In the meantime, the way to get around it is to pass info to the Omni via "flags." It will control UPB devices, just not the advanced feature of UPB links without the flag workaround. All of my lightings are PCS (specifically the Powerline Control Systems brand) UPB products. They are rock-solid, both mechanically and electronically. I really like the tactile feel of their switches. X10 and other brand UPB switches always felt flimsy and cheap when tapped. The HS/Zee's main strength for lighting, detection, and switching is in Zwave type devices. I'm interested to find an equivalent tactile Zwave switch to the PCS brand.

Good luck! Everyone here is always eager to help out when you need it..

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation @rmasonjr, most appreciated, I will give it a shot!
        Thank you @avpman as well for the additional input!

Comment

Working...
        X