Can't see OMNI devices in "Grid" View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see OMNI devices in "Grid" View

I have configured all my OMNI devices into HS4 and I can see them when in the list view. See first image. However when I switch to the "Grid" view all I see is an OMNI generic image but none of the lights or devices I want to be able to control. What am I doing wrong? For example, why can I see the MBATH LIGHTS in the list view but not in the Grid view?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-25 21_32_52-Devices.png
Views:	282
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	1405928Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-25 21_33_26-Devices.png
Views:	227
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	1405929

I have the same issue. It doesn't appear to be limited to just Omni devices. I have a bunch of other devices for my Russound Audio, and they are also incomplete. Further, if I filter, and check off every Room, Floor, and category I get no devices in the grid or list view. I tried a couple of different browsers. Looks like this is an HS4 problem. Did you report it to HS yet? I haven't looked on their forums yet to see if anyone else has the same problem. BTW - I'm running HS4 on a PI ZEE, which is Linux.

Comment

I too have the same problem. It also makes event definition unwieldy. I have the feeling there is a way to de-link child devices from OMNI and/or define new root devices but I haven't yet seen a tutorial. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        I have the same issue. It doesn't appear to be limited to just Omni devices. I have a bunch of other devices for my Russound Audio, and they are also incomplete. Further, if I filter, and check off every Room, Floor, and category I get no devices in the grid or list view. I tried a couple of different browsers. Looks like this is an HS4 problem. Did you report it to HS yet? I haven't looked on their forums yet to see if anyone else has the same problem. BTW - I'm running HS4 on a PI ZEE, which is Linux.
        I am running the PI ZEE also and it has been fine with HS3 for years. I haven't reported this or looked elsewhere for a fix as I thought this was an OMNI issue. Maybe we should post this on the HS help site?

Comment

I'm not sure why it shows in the list view, but not in the grid view.
          Let me open a ticket and send them to this thread.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Long-time Omni dealer, now adding HomeSeer to an old install - new to the plug-in, have version .23 - still no devices in grid view. Please advise

Comment

Originally posted by David Johnson View Post
              Long-time Omni dealer, now adding HomeSeer to an old install - new to the plug-in, have version .23 - still no devices in grid view. Please advise
              Is the plugin configured with the IP, port, and Keys?
              Check the OMNI Logs page to see if there are any errors?

Comment

Oh - sorry - as others said, all devices/features show up in list view - HS4 of course.

Comment

You should see a single grid entry for OMNI:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	160
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1425047

From there, you click anywhere on the top line of icons and you are presented with a list of Device Features. The controls are on that popup. It's not ideal, but it's the way HS4 works now.

Comment

Yeah I had poked at the root icon and did see the devices. Guess we'll go with it. Curious, 1) why do the thermostats get extracted from the features list and assume the position of devices, 2) why can't the Omni security feature be linked to the root device, instead of the default On/Off/Slider, so that at the device level, you can see security state and arm/disarm the system - would be intuitive, 3) and while I am at it, how does one get messages from the Omni displayed, and finally, 4) how about access to the Omni event log - my installs have abundant logging. Appreciate you keeping this plug-in up-to-date - doing my first 2 HomeSeer over Omni upgrades this month.

Comment

Originally posted by David Johnson View Post
                      Yeah I had poked at the root icon and did see the devices. Guess we'll go with it. Curious, 1) why do the thermostats get extracted from the features list and assume the position of devices, 2) why can't the Omni security feature be linked to the root device, instead of the default On/Off/Slider, so that at the device level, you can see security state and arm/disarm the system - would be intuitive, 3) and while I am at it, how does one get messages from the Omni displayed, and finally, 4) how about access to the Omni event log - my installs have abundant logging. Appreciate you keeping this plug-in up-to-date - doing my first 2 HomeSeer over Omni upgrades this month.
                      1) Thermostats need their own root device for control of the their child/feature control via Alexa and Google Home.
                      2) The most recent HS release picks a random control device to show in the grid view. HST is going to eventually allow the user to select which control to display in that grid view.
                      3) There is no API hook for getting messages from the OMNI that I am aware of.
                      4) Same as above.

Hope this helps - the grid view in HS is not the most optimal display right now, but we can hope that HST makes some improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

1) Thermostats need their own root device for control of the their child/feature control via Alexa and Google Home.
                        2) The most recent HS release picks a random control device to show in the grid view. HST is going to eventually allow the user to select which control to display in that grid view.
                        3) There is no API hook for getting messages from the OMNI that I am aware of.
                        4) Same as above.

Hope this helps - the grid view in HS is not the most optimal display right now, but we can hope that HST makes some improvements.
                        The grid view was probably conceived for mobile devices. IMHO, it takes up too much screen real estate on any device.

Comment

Personally just realized that the HS4 interface is more tuned for mobile devices than a desktop display.

That said I am still using Homeseer 3 and only tinkering with Homeseer 4. IE: Homeseer 3 is currently used for production and the Homeseer 4 build is still being tested.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                          X