Motion alarm message when armed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion alarm message when armed

I have been able to create notification events sent to my phone but am stuck when trying to define system armed status. I have no users seen in the drop down menu to define who armed the system. I am arming from the Leviton SnapLink app.

Did you define the users in the OMNI panel and then in the Homeseer configuration for OMNI, ensure they are enabled. Then should then appear.

Comment

Sorry, not too savvy here. not seeing where to check that in the Omni PC Access software or HomeSeer Web Control.

Comment

No problem. Just a hobbyist here too! So on the PC Access SW go to the "Setup: tab, then go do to "Codes". On that page you can assign multiple codes. Given each a name (John, Jane, Maid etc.), assign the 4 digit access code and you can optionally select a time when the codes are valid. For example, maybe the Maids code is only valid Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.. Then select the " Communication" tab, select "Write to Controller" and your codes, events, etc. will be written to the OMNI Panel. This requires that you have connected the software to your panel already. Next, in the Homeseer select "Plugins", "OMNI", "OMNI Config". Then select the "User Code" tab. In there you should see all of the codes you created in the PC Access SW, turn each of them on under the "HS Device" column. The user names should then appear as choices when you are programming.
        Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks, I see my Master code in PC Access. I added another user, wrote to controller. See neither in Omni/Config/User codes. I have restarted the plug-in.

Comment

feobrien , I was pretty sure you nailed it, but I got an unpleasant surprise when I attempted to verify. My OmniPro II system has 4 user codes defined, of which two have been introduced to HomeSeer 3 (green check in OMNI plugin OMNI Config). When I invoked the OMNI trigger for a new event definition, I found the two users listed as possibilities for the trigger. So far, so good.

Problem 1: When I added the other two users (OMNI Config red -> green), that appeared to work, but the new users were not added to the dropdown list for the event trigger definition. I tried refreshing the event page, then a complete restart of the OMNI plugin. No joy.

Problem 2: This is a potential deficiency, not a bug. The structure of the OMNI: User Armed or Disarmed System event trigger appears to assume that the system has only one area defined. My system currently has three areas defined, and they are all armed and disarmed independently. There is no way that I have identified to specify which area is of interest when selecting the OMNI trigger.

Current Date/Time: 9/16/2020 12:08:34 PM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 15 Days 4 Hours 28 Minutes 45 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.1.107
            Number of Devices: 350
            Number of Events: 244
            Available Threads: 198
            HSTouch Enabled: True
            Event Threads: 1
            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
            Device Exec Queue: 0
            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
            Email Send Queue: 0
            License: Registered
            License: 100910
            User Name and Access Level: egriesheimer (Admin)
            WAN IP Address: 216.110.198.35
            Web Server Port: 80

Enabled Plug-Ins
            1.0.0.166: Arduino Plugin
            1.38.0.0: Big5
            2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.35.0: BLLock
            1.0.1.0: BLTEDPro
            1.4.1.0: Device History
            3.0.0.71: EasyTrigger
            3.0.2.22: OMNI
            3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
            3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Edshred View Post
              Thanks, I see my Master code in PC Access. I added another user, wrote to controller. See neither in Omni/Config/User codes. I have restarted the plug-in.
              One other thought - restart your Homeseer???

Comment

Originally posted by ericg View Post
                feobrien , I was pretty sure you nailed it, but I got an unpleasant surprise when I attempted to verify. My OmniPro II system has 4 user codes defined, of which two have been introduced to HomeSeer 3 (green check in OMNI plugin OMNI Config). When I invoked the OMNI trigger for a new event definition, I found the two users listed as possibilities for the trigger. So far, so good.

Problem 1: When I added the other two users (OMNI Config red -> green), that appeared to work, but the new users were not added to the dropdown list for the event trigger definition. I tried refreshing the event page, then a complete restart of the OMNI plugin. No joy.

Problem 2: This is a potential deficiency, not a bug. The structure of the OMNI: User Armed or Disarmed System event trigger appears to assume that the system has only one area defined. My system currently has three areas defined, and they are all armed and disarmed independently. There is no way that I have identified to specify which area is of interest when selecting the OMNI trigger.

Current Date/Time: 9/16/2020 12:08:34 PM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 15 Days 4 Hours 28 Minutes 45 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.1.107
                Number of Devices: 350
                Number of Events: 244
                Available Threads: 198
                HSTouch Enabled: True
                Event Threads: 1
                Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                Device Exec Queue: 0
                HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                Email Send Queue: 0
                License: Registered
                License: 100910
                User Name and Access Level: egriesheimer (Admin)
                WAN IP Address: 216.110.198.35
                Web Server Port: 80

Enabled Plug-Ins
                1.0.0.166: Arduino Plugin
                1.38.0.0: Big5
                2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                3.0.35.0: BLLock
                1.0.1.0: BLTEDPro
                1.4.1.0: Device History
                3.0.0.71: EasyTrigger
                3.0.2.22: OMNI
                3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
                3.0.1.252: Z-Wave
                I have not had a problem with this, I currently have other issues right but I have multiple user codes that appear, I use that to send me a text when someone uses their code. However I am only running 1 area. Have you tried also restarting your Homeseer? I'm old school, when things aren't working like they should I "reboot"

Comment

Tried restart 2X with no change. Trying something different. Have new event requesting email if motion sensor becomes "tripped". Far as I know, only time status can become "tripped is if system armed. Email successful when I run event actions. When I armed system and activate sensor, I can see status changed to tripped but no email! 😣 Any ideas?

Comment

I've been using the plugin on the with not much problems. What level ROM, is your OmniPro at?

I can't speak you why it doesn't show you the other users, but I noticed that you don't have HSBuddy loaded which is included with HS, I use Push notifications versus emails to track when the wife (don't tell her ) or the housekeeper comes into the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Edshred View Post
                      Tried restart 2X with no change. Trying something different. Have new event requesting email if motion sensor becomes "tripped". Far as I know, only time status can become "tripped is if system armed. Email successful when I run event actions. When I armed system and activate sensor, I can see status changed to tripped but no email! 😣 Any ideas?
                      I would do that as an Omni event and not Homeseer. Just create an event that triggers when that sensor is “not ready” to send an email. That should work regardless of the alarm status.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                        I've been using the plugin on the with not much problems. What level ROM, is your OmniPro at?

I can't speak you why it doesn't show you the other users, but I noticed that you don't have HSBuddy loaded which is included with HS, I use Push notifications versus emails to track when the wife (don't tell her ) or the housekeeper comes into the house.
                        I am not familiar with HS Buddy. Will check it out. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by feobrien View Post
                          I am not familiar with HS Buddy. Will check it out. Thanks
                          It pretty good and also has an iPhone HS interface to control your devices and run events.

Comment

Originally posted by feobrien View Post

I would do that as an Omni event and not Homeseer. Just create an event that triggers when that sensor is “not ready” to send an email. That should work regardless of the alarm status.
                            Had all these as Omni events at one time. Omni Email notifier too unreliable. HomeSeer has worked great for event emails(text) until I discovered no message for an accidental motion trip

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

I'm using Omni IIe

Comment

Working...
                              X