OMNISTAT Communication Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMNISTAT Communication Issue

I am currently setting up an interface in HS Touch Designer and when I got to the thermostat phase of the project I noticed a bit of a glitch. I have 2 OMNI thermostats in our house. One of them seems to be passing along the ALL of the data (mode, fan mode, cool point, heat point and current temp), but the 2nd one is not...it passes along everything BUT the correct correct current temp. I verified this by physically going over to the thermostat and looking at it. Anybody have any idea where I should begin looking for the dead body?

Originally posted by gschwob View Post
    I am currently setting up an interface in HS Touch Designer and when I got to the thermostat phase of the project I noticed a bit of a glitch. I have 2 OMNI thermostats in our house. One of them seems to be passing along the ALL of the data (mode, fan mode, cool point, heat point and current temp), but the 2nd one is not...it passes along everything BUT the correct correct current temp. I verified this by physically going over to the thermostat and looking at it. Anybody have any idea where I should begin looking for the dead body?
    One additional piece of information that might prove useful to you guys is that I noticed, when looking at My HomeSeer, that the Current Temperature was last logged on . June 14, 2020. I don't know what happened on that date, but it must have been a doozy.

Comment

It's hard to say. Make sure logging is on DEBUG and let it run for a while. Shoot me the logs and let me know which thermostat is not reporting. I can scan the logs for any activity.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Rmasonjr, I set the logging on DEBUG. I'm going out for the day and will shoot you the logs upon return. One thing I noticed after I sent the last post is that in My HomeSeer, somehow or another BOTH of the thermostats ended up with the same name. In your PLUG-IN they are both correctly identified, not so in HomeSeer. I've attached a screenshot of what appears in My HomeSeer.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK, Rmasonjr, as directed, I collected the DEBUG log from the PLUG-IN. At the onset I should tell you that I only wish I could somehow teleport you a bottle of aspirin along with the log. I looked at the log...oyyyy! Anyway,, a few other things that you may (or may not find of interest:

1. To try and track and/or find some small trail or clue, last night and then again this afternoon, I ran Leviton SnapLink alongside HS Touch to see what corresponded with what. Well, last night the Master BR thermostat seemed to be tracking accurately with Touch. This afternoon, believe it or not (I couldn't believe my eyes) the situation was reversed...Family Room thermostat was tracking correctly and Master Bedroom thermostat was stuck! They're still both named Family Room Thermostat in HomeSeer.

2. Your PLUG-IN correctly identifies the thermostats, but somehow or another the names got written over. I KNOW IT WAS NOT ME. I did recently upgrade to HS4 Pro.

I'm wondering (if it's possible) if the easiest thing to do would be to delete the thermostat devices in My HomeSeer and then add them back in. Although I don't know how to do that, it seems easier than trying to untangle a $2.00 ball of twine when one can just buy another ball of twine for $2.00. What say you? Anyway, here are the logs.

BTW, I haven't seen a phone booth in a really long time, but if you can untangle this mess I'll know for sure that they have them in Brookhaven, MS, because Superman always needs a phone booth handy...lol. Thanks again for your thoughtful assistance!
          Attached Files

Comment

Follow-up. This evening, I noticed that the one thermostat that isn't communicating with HomeSeer and now appears to be the master bedroom stat, (the one in the screen shot), is no longer is a choice (not really) in HS Touch Designer. There are 2 choices in HS Touch Deisgner, both Family Room thermostat and both are the same thermostat. I confirmed this by running HS Touch side by side with Leviton SnapLink. If this doesn't confuse you, I can't imagine what would. My head is still spinning.

Comment

ok - here's what we need to do:

From the OMNI Plugin -> OMNI Config -> Thermostats tab. De-select each thermostat.
              From the main HS Devices page, remove any thermostats by clicking on the thermostat's root device, then click delete.
              Restart the plugin from the Plugins -> Installed page by just toggling the slider off/on.

When the plugin is finished starting up, go back to the thermostats tab and enable one of the thermostats and make sure it gets created in HS. Enable the second thermostat and also verify.
              From what I can tell, the plugin is confused over which thermostat is which.

I'm gonna go get some coffee and curl up in my cape lol

Comment

Well, Rmasonjr, errr, I mean Clark, you've done it again. Problem solved. Now I know there are definitely phone booths, alive and well in Brookhaven, MS!. I tested it out running HS Touch along Snaplink and it runs beautifully. Thanks!

Comment

hahaha! You made my day! Enjoy!

Comment

And you definitely made mine!

Comment

Working...
                    X