Elevate Omni zone to individual device in HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevate Omni zone to individual device in HS

First off, no issue with the Omni plugin. However this seemed to be the best audience for my question.

I'd like to elevate my garage doors from child devices under the main omni device in HS to its own device, with the two staying in-sync. In the Omni my garage doors are security zones and the action is controlled through outputs on the Omni. I'm trying to move toward have one interface/central controller (HS - isn't that they main point of HS...?), as much as possible, and having the garage doors more visible "I think" would be beneficial.

I know I can create a virtual device and set it up just like the child device and use EasyTrigger to keep them in sync, then manage actions via HS events. But is that the only option, or even the best option? Anyway easier way to elevate a child to a separate device? I looked at copy device, don't think that is helpful for what I'm trying to do, but would be helpful if I create a virtual device for the first garage door. Then just copy for the second garage door. I looked at link device, that doesn't seem to fit either.

Maybe I'm just being lazy and looking for the easy button... Anyone else do this and how?

I have the expansion relay board and the omni uses that to activate the contacts on the switch for the open/close on the garage door (physical connection). This is passed through to the Home Seer and I use the HS Touch to have HS to tell Omni to Open or Close the door. I also have a flag that is set so I have an indicator if it is open or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
      First off, no issue with the Omni plugin. However this seemed to be the best audience for my question.

I'd like to elevate my garage doors from child devices under the main omni device in HS to its own device, with the two staying in-sync. In the Omni my garage doors are security zones and the action is controlled through outputs on the Omni. I'm trying to move toward have one interface/central controller (HS - isn't that they main point of HS...?), as much as possible, and having the garage doors more visible "I think" would be beneficial.

I know I can create a virtual device and set it up just like the child device and use EasyTrigger to keep them in sync, then manage actions via HS events. But is that the only option, or even the best option? Anyway easier way to elevate a child to a separate device? I looked at copy device, don't think that is helpful for what I'm trying to do, but would be helpful if I create a virtual device for the first garage door. Then just copy for the second garage door. I looked at link device, that doesn't seem to fit either.

Maybe I'm just being lazy and looking for the easy button... Anyone else do this and how?
      I do the same thing with virtual devices, so you can certainly do that to make it easier.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by drfergu View Post
        I have the expansion relay board and the omni uses that to activate the contacts on the switch for the open/close on the garage door (physical connection). This is passed through to the Home Seer and I use the HS Touch to have HS to tell Omni to Open or Close the door. I also have a flag that is set so I have an indicator if it is open or not.
        This has been on my list for a while now. I need to find some time to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by drfergu View Post
          I have the same setup, just not HSTouch. I've got the garage doors on Omni buttons and HS has events tied to all my Omni buttons. Using HS Mobile app I can create a object for the HS event (tied to the Omni button). Basically recreating Snap-link in HS Mobile dashboards. I can control the doors just fine, what I don't have is the garage doors exposed as there own high level device. So you can put control buttons on the device to open/close and status icon changes with status. Was just hoping there was a method to hard-link a one device to a child device. Guess that still won't work since its really a security zone and separate output in the omni. Maybe HSTouch is the answer, just not that familiar with it. What I seen I didn't like.

Comment

Here for the garage doors use two wired sensors. (for the old house with two garage doors had 4 sensors).

One that closes when the garage is down and another contact sensor when the garage is up.

If the garage door is partially open then I get a partially open garage message.

The garage door button is digital today so I purchased a tiny button and wired it to work with an Omni Pro output.

For those OmniPro users that want to use wireless...did an experiment here with a Sonoff basic configured with two wired contact sensors, button and temperature sensor.

It talks MQTT. On the OmniPro 2 panel end testing ESP01 Tasmota relays (switches) which work with the Sonoff to trigger zones and work with outputs on the panel. The ESP01 relay switches are tiny but you have to mount them outside of the OmniPro can.

Response times to the wired zones / outputs are the same as the wired to the panel zones and outputs.

- Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

This has been on my list for a while now. I need to find some time to do this.
              +1, I also have the Omni 8 relay expansion board. It would be nice to be able to directly control and also see the status.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

+1, I also have the Omni 8 relay expansion board. It would be nice to be able to directly control and also see the status.
                Here's what I would do:

Create a virtual device the way that you want it - on/off with status graphics.
                Create an event that anytime the OMNI relay changes value, update that virtual device.
                You'll probably need 2 regular HS events for the on/off, or one EasyTrigger event to update the status.

Once that works, just use the virtual device in your HSTouch screens.

Comment

Ok, I need some help to put the cherry on top...
                  1. I've got a virtual device setup with 4 controls (this is the way I expected it to look and feel) and I've matched the Status to the Omni Security Zone, see below.
                  2. I've created two separate events for the Open and Close Controls. These events just call another event (same) to run an Omni Button. The Omni button activates the output (relay) for 2 seconds. This works. Problem is I get a generic status icon (gear) with the Open/Close text.
                  3. I've linked the two devices, under HS Features, and when using the bypass and restore controls they update each other - mostly (browser refresh helps).
                  4. I've setup an event using EasyTrigger to sync the Omni zone to the virtual device.
                  Not included in the screenshots below, I created Status entries for Controls 7 (Open) and 8 (Close) and that works in the sense of updating the status graphic to what I set, however it's not sync'd to the Omni Zone. The zone switches to 0 (secure) or 2 (Open). The Omni Zone's don't have a 7 and 8, I created those controls just to trigger events. My though is I shouldn't need status for 7 and 8, if the virtual device sync'd with the Omni Zone. Oddly, bypass/restore work.

What do I need to do to get the Device status graphic and text to match the Omni Zone? I though EasyTrigger would do it, doesn't appear to be working. I'm using EasyTrigger for other Omni devices, like temperature and humidity, and they work fine.

What am I missing to truly keep these in sync with one another?
                  Attached Files

Comment

If I understand, you just want the gear icon gone on this device?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	141
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1485962

Does this device have a 7 and 8 value entry for this device? I know you said that you enabled linking devices, but I suspect that this device also needs the 7 and 8 entry as the Garage Door device.

If that doesnt work, try disabling the linking of devices and just use EasyTrigger for the device sync as well. The HS method of linking may not work well.

Comment

Appreciate the comments/feedback... I've got this working as planned. Long Story Short, EasyTrigger was set on the Device and not the Control. Guess I starred at it for to long and just couldn't see it until I came back the next day. Not to mention the naming of the two was a like and that just confused me. I noticed in the debug logs the device id was one off. Live and learn.

So if any of the old Omni folks (not calling you old, but if you have Omni you probably are now, like me) still control their garage doors via Omni Outputs then this is doable. As picture above, the virtual device can control the opening and closing (omni outputs) and control bypass and restoring (omni security zone) while keeping the status graphic/icon in sync with the security zone. On to the other Omni Outputs now...

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.

How are you connecting your output to your opener?

Comment

Back in 2005 when we built the house we spent three days pulling cables to everything (doors, windows, speakers in every room, one hdmi (early years), coax, cat5e, security). Everything is homerun to the utility room where all my electronics are. So for the Omni outputs I've got 1 pair and some 2 pair wire runs. 2 pair is good for the individual garage doors, 1 pair is to open/close, and the 2nd pair is to switch the garage door opener light on as you open the mud room door to the garage, if dark of course. Back in 2005 about the only mass market wireless was x10, and while I know some had success, it was not that highly thought of - at least what I read, so I choose to hardwire. Glad I did now.

Comment

Thanks I have my omni and opener situated where running wire is ok except its in the attic and it is hot!

Comment

Working...
                            X