Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa not controlling HS after HS3 to HS4 upgrade

Hello,
    I am having trouble after I updated my ZEE S2 from H3 to H4. Im using the OMNI plug-in which I reinstalled with a H3 Omni license as the Omni H4 license would not work. MyHS seems to see all my Omni interfaces, zones, flags and buttons and as I restored from an H3 backup and then reinstalled the Omni plugin, connectivity from my Omni panel to MyHS devices page shows that when I change a button on my Omni to “ON” it also changes on that device on the MyHS page…..so long story short, it looks like interactions from Omni to MyHS and MyHS to Omni and working just fine. My problem is that I have Security Announcements switch in both Omni and MyHS that will not change value (Off to On, or On to Off) via Alexa. I have deleted my previous discovered device switch called “Security Announcements” and ran a rediscovery which Alexa found the new switch. I then click on this switch (using my iPhone Alexa App) to turn it ON or Off and I get a message quickly that says “Waiting for HomeSeer”. The switch changes to ON or Off depending which button I press and it looks like it took the command just fine. The problem is that it did not change the setting in MyHS or my Omni panel. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and link the HomeSeer SmartHome skill and still have the same issue. Oi have tried to delete and rediscover my buttons in Alexa app (it finds then but doesn’t control anything. Can you assist me in getting my Alexa integration backup and running after my H4 upgrade.

Thanks,

That's very odd. Here's a couple of things to try.

Go into HomeSeer -> Setup -> Users
    Make sure you have a username that is the same as myHS. In fact, you might just delete it, then re-add it to the list.

On the main myHS screen, instead of Access System, go into Manage Account
    Change your password. It is possible that something is cached between myHS and HS.

On any of these changes, go into Alexa and "Discover Devices" and try again.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
    X