The future of the NQLink OmniPro II app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future of the NQLink OmniPro II app

I apologise in advance to Rob and all of you for posting this topic here, but this forum seems to be one of the most concentrated HAI/OmniPro audiences on the internet and the NQlink app has been discussed on this forum before.

Those of you using NQlink for Android may have noticed that the app disappeared from the Play Store a few days ago. If it has not already, your subscription will probably backfire on the next renewal, be it annually or monthly.

I reached out to the developer and despite some difficult language barriers I was able to determine that Google has banned the developer from the Play Store. I have no idea why, nor am I interested, but presumably he violated some of Google's Ts&Cs. The developer briefly attempted to open a new account but Google swiftly detected this and deleted this, too. He sent me the attached screenshot of a mail he received from Google (see below).

The subscription options, be it monthly or annually, have also disappeared and so anyone using the app right now will be forced to use the death-by-watching-diamond-collecting-ads that he had built into the app.

In any event, over the past two weeks I negotiated a deal with the developer through which I purchased the source code of the app from him. I know that the OmniPro community is probably waning in size, but to my mind the NQLink app is one of the best apps out there and using native apps like Snaplink is just not an option. Having access to source code is crucial, as future updates to Android my render any current APK incompatible.

I have now obtained the source code and confirmed that the source code I purchased is functional and complete. In the next few days I will be working towards publishing an updated "under new management" version of the app on the Play Store.

My primary purpose here is to allow users like myself and others on this forum to continue using the app. I will keep you posted on new developments in the near future.

Please also let me know if there are more appropriate forums where OmniPro II users tend to discuss, so that I can spread awareness there as well.

Christoff

PS screenshot shared by original developer below
    Click image for larger version

Name:	NQlinkCommunication-320x692.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1545615

Good news Christoff!!!

There are many users of said software on Cocoontech over here ==>

NQ Link - Android App for OmniPro II

Personally still using Snaplink here for Android and Windows 10. Via mobile only access the OmniPro 2 panel via VPN. Well and the Omni plugin (and Homeseer Touch).

I also utilize OmniPro Touch (customized with HAI designer) on my Windows Embedded Touchscreens which are modified Openpeak O2 Jogglers.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete! I will post there as well.

Comment

Currently running a small micro router that sits inside of the OmniPro 2 can that is doing Python 3.X and MQTT scripts. While mostly using wired contact switches to the OmniPro 2 panel have one test ESP01 connected using rules on 433Mhz PIRs which work well now.

Tasmota 433Mhz wireless hub ==> 433Mhz PIRs ==> ESP01's (Tasmota) ==> one OmniPro 2 zone.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi everyone. I have decided to open source the NQ Link app's source code. I have posted on cocoontech to announce this.

I plan to upload it all to github later this week so that anyone in the developer community can tweak and edit and improve the app.

Any devs who would like to see the code or play with it or have some time to commit to further development, please let me know on this thread or PM me.

Comment

Does not appear this made it to github. I also see the previous owner who sold you the source is now selling this in the PlayStore calling it Snaplink Mobile... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oxgame.ProLink

Comment

Working...
            X