Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 HAI Linux Plugin Status

August 28, 2013

Original board purchased for $364.95 was defective. Seller sent a second board and that was the wrong HAI board. I received a credit on 08-28-2013 for the amount of $364.95. Pending now return shipping cost of $19.06.

August 29, 2013

Found a new HAI OPII board (HAI dealer stock). Rob Mason purchased this board out of pocket for $1079 including free shipping. Thank you Rob!
    This board is being shipped to me such that I can check it out and update the firmware if need be.

OPII purchase includes:

- HAI OPII Pro board - HAI20A00-2
    - HAI Enclosure
    - RJ-31x
    - transformer

Totals monies in:

- rmasonjr - $1204.00
    - pete - $125.00
    - cosws4eating - $121.07 (I see an "issue refund" button in paypay?) - balance due $3.93?
    - jgary - $125.00
    ===========================================
    Total = = > $1575.07

HAI OPII Pro purchase = $1079.00
    Current Balance = $496.07

Additional items required and cost estimate:

- HAI-1105W - HAI PC Access Dealer software
    - HAI Omni Console
    - HAI Console flush mount kit
    - HAI Snap-Link Software
    - HAI Omnitouch Pro Software (* maybe not?)
    - Elk 12Ah battery
    - HAI 10A09 X10 PIM - TW523 - (I may have a spare and will make up a cable to test it).
    - RS-232 cable for PC Access (will make up a cable)

Guesstimate total from above ~ $400.00

I will order these parts in the next day or so.

Plugin status - testing on HS3 - working on DB schema - next steps will be done on wintel environment; then Linux.

Once running on Linux it will be provided to said users on list above such that they can test.

A side note:

Rob was using my HAI OPII in Florida via the WAN. That said I lost my WLAN AP radio on the Cumulus server connection. The DD-WRT radio just quite. This was around July 2, 2013. Lost all weather information uploaded to the internet because I had decided to use wireless for a laptop/server. I could still get to the DD-WRT box nested inside of another network with the FIOS box; IE: I bridged the connection on one NIC port on the FIOS box. Access to the LAN / HAI OPII was fine until just recently.

Decided to purchase a new combo AP; same model to replace the one down there. I updated the firmware to DD-WRT here and downloaded the configuration from the box in Florida to the new box. I then shipped the new box down to Florida; thinking it was going to be a plug n play installation. It was not. The rules set are based on static IP configurations and no mac addresses are being used. The dynamic DNS configuration is still working because I can ping the box. I am thinking I missed something after uploading the configuration to the new box?

The new box is in place but none of my firewall rules are working; therefore today I do not have access to the HAI panel (that Rob was using), DD-WRT router, weather station, Desktop remote.

That said I am setting up access here in the midwest for just the HAI OPII panel such that Rob can look at my setup while testing the new plugin; such that the new panel going to Rob's house comes at an opportune time.
    Last edited by Pete; August 31, 2013, 10:07 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Just a quickie update for:

Monday, 9th of September, 2013

Received the following today:

1 - HAI OPII board / can
    2 - 24VAC transformer
    3 - R31X jack
    4 - UPB PIM and cable
    5 - Owner Manual and installation manual, EOL resistors, keys
    6 - serial cable and RS-232 interface

Testing and updating if required HAI OPII board this week. I will ship it to Rob before the end of the week.

Concurrently will order the following for shipping to Rob:

1 - HAI Multi-Lingual PC Access Dealer Software
    2 - HAI Omni Console
    3 - Elk Sealed Lead Acid Batter, 12V, 12Ah
    4 - HAI Console\Keypad Flush Mount Kit
    5 - HAI Snap-Link Software on USB drive
    6 - HAI OmniTouch Pro software

7 - need to find a TW-523/serial cable for X-10 connectivity.

=================================================

Plugged in HAI OPII panel. Keyed in a new IP and configured encryption keys.

All appears fine with board. Updated firmware from 3.1A to 3.11D
    Last edited by Pete; September 9, 2013, 08:10 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Status 10th of September, 2013

Totals monies in:

- rmasonjr - $1204.00
      - pete - $125.00
      - cosws4eating - $121.07 (I see an "issue refund" button in paypay?) - balance due $3.93?
      - jgary - $125.00
      Total = = > $1575.07

HAI OPII Pro purchase = $1079.00

UPS shipping of OmniProII to Rob. Shipped today 09/10/2013
      =============> $25.44
      Balance =======> $470.63 09/10/2013

Will order the above mentioned items to ship to Rob tomorrow.
      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

For X10 decided better to order an "updated" TW523. That said it will be the XTB-232 X10 RS232 Powerline Interface

http://jvde.us/xtb/XTB-232_description.htm

Ordered it today and having it shipped to me.

That said I am going to make up a serial cable for connectivity to the OPII board, test it, then ship the two to Rob.

XTB-232 - $104.00 USD (shipping included)
        =====================
        Balance - $392.07
        Last edited by Pete; September 11, 2013, 12:23 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

contribution

I just found this thread. I am using the old HAI plugin on a Homeseer Pro 100 S4 and would like to update to HS3 once it is stable.

The lack of updates on the HAI plugin has been a source of frustration for a long time.

How can I contribute to the development effort? I am confused by the Linux references. Will the new plugin work in the xp environment on the Homeseer Pro 100?

Comment

The new plugin will work connected to HS3 whatever OS HS3 is running on.

That said initial testing of the plugin is currently in Wintel mode. The DB is currently being worked on.

The goal though is to run the plugin in a simple linux environment. Something small; maybe the Rasberry Pi where it could be installed and running from a usb stick or whatever and distributed in this fashion maybe with a preconfigured build.

It will offer a diagnostic mode relating to communications to the HAI panel in the form of a simple web based GUI.

I originally (July, 2013) tiered the contribution methodologies of development and support stuff such that:

1 - $75.00 pre pay contribution pays for contributing relating to testing a working prior to "official release" version of the plugin.
            2 - $125 pre pay contribution for assistance in development of plugin, testing pre-release and purchase of hardware (maybe something you have installed - thermostat, temp sensors, so forth and so on).

The above noted Rob has purchased the OmniPro II board basic package. Monies accumulated are for purchasing of additional HAI products needed for use of and development of plugin. The list is above. The more hardware we purchase the easier it will be for Rob Mason to test stuff. In order to test the initial HAI plugin I have provided Rob Mason access to one of my two HAI OPII panels via the Internet. Having this ability or volunteering your panel will also help in the development and testing of a working plugin. Please note that access for testing is non invasive with no changes being made to your HAI panel.

Note: The OPII basic package came with an HAI UPB serially connected PIM.

Yesterday ordered a XTB-232 X10 RS232 Powerline Interface to be connected to Rob's HAI panel.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

contribution

I tried to email you to get a paypal address to make a contribution. Can you tell me how to get the addy?

Comment

Yup; looks like email isn't working. You can email me at pcalleros at hotmail dot com.

/pete
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Overst,

Sent you an email.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Status 14th of September, 2013

Totals monies in:

- rmasonjr - $1204.00
                    - pete - $125.00
                    - jgary - $125.00
                    ============================================================ ========
                    Total ====== > $1575.07

HAI OPII Pro purchase = $1079.00 - Rob received HAI OPII 13th of September, 2013
                    ============================================================ ========

UPS shipping of OmniProII to Rob. Shipped today 09/10/2013
                    =============> $25.44
                    Balance =======> $470.63 09/10/2013

XTB-232 - $104.00 USD (shipping included) - Received 14th of September. Making an RS-232 RJ-11/12 cable testing it and shipping cable and XTB-232 to Rob.

=====================
                    Balance ======== $392.07

Pending still -

1 - HAI Dealer access software
                    2 - Keypad console and wall mounting stuff
                    3 - battery
                    4 - Optional Omnitouch software and or HAI Snaplink

#1,2 & 3 are not optional ~$300 - but #4 is optional.

Any suggestions or comments?
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

17th of September, 2013

Ordered more stuff for Rob yesterday. A quick recap.

Balance of funds for development = = > $392.07

Purchase of stuff including shipping to Rob - Thank you Automated outlet!

1 - HAI-1105W - Dealer Access software
                      2 - HAI-33A00-1 - HAI Omni Console
                      3 - HAI-33A00-3 - HAI Console/Keypad flush mount
                      4 - ELK-12120 - Elk Sealed lead acid battery, 12V, 12Ah
                      =============================================
                      Total = = = = = = > $294.02

Current balance of funding:

$392.07 - $294.02 = $98.05 remaining balance.

NEW contribution from Overst - Thank you Adrian!!!!

$250.00

New current remaining balance

$98.05 + $250.00 = Total current balance = $348.05

As this plugin is going to reside in Linux thinking now about maybe some sort of small linux appliance in a case that I can pre setup for Rob Mason.

18th of September, 2013 update

1 - shipped the XTB TW-523 today to Rob. I also make up a new serial cable for it and its connection to the OPII panel. It uses 4 of the center wires of an RJ-12 connector for serial comm.
                      2 - Battery is on back order (it will keep beeping without a battery - may be an issue there).

Total current balance = $348.05

Shipping of XTB TW-523 with custom serial cable ==> $6.00 2-day USPS with tracking

New current balance = $342.05

Asking for ideas participants please?

We are moving now towards a private subsection for development purposes of said plugin.

Membership will be provided to said folks that have participated in donating funding towards said endeavor.
                      Last edited by Pete; September 19, 2013, 07:18 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Can you give e an idea of exactly how this driver will work with HS3 or other programs? i.e. is it HS3 specific? Does it have to run parallel with HS3 but in a linux OS? Why are you developing it in Linux vs Win for HS3?

I have been trying the different HA software suites out there and HS was off the list due to the lack of the HAI driver. This could change that so I am interested in exactly hwo this comes together. I would hate to contribute to this and then buy HS only to have it not work as I expected.

My only other real option right now is MainLobby or CQC. One is great graphically but limited functionally the other is great functionally but a severe learning curve, and IMHO just not user intuitive.

Comment

27th of September, 2013 - Current status

Rob has "assembled" the "pieces" purchased above. That said he has also tested network and serial connectivity to the Leviton / HAI panel.

I've provided Rob also with access to two more HAI panels (mine); one is "lite" and simple and one is "heavy" majorly populated.

That makes three panels he can test with.

Next steps - in progress....

Rob and I have ordered the new Hometroller Zee controller - out of pocket.

Looking for ideas now here relating to beta testing and participants....

The testing of said plugin will be only related to both Linux and HS3.

The goal of the plugin is that it will run on something small, Linux most likely sort of embedded.

Putting the question out there now....

Would a custom linux small appliance like device provided to the "participants" be something you guys would be interested in?

I would personally configure a boot linux OS setup for whatever device is used; sending the participants said device and OS. This would provide you a via a network connection interface to the plugin (web interface).

Or (personally playing here with) would you guys like maybe a linux precustomized do all capacitance table top tablet to play with?

This would also give you an optional visual running right on the box.

Or something else....(new HS Zee?)

Tell me what sounds the best here....
                          Last edited by Pete; September 27, 2013, 09:05 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            27th of September, 2013 - Current status

Looking for ideas now here relating to beta testing and participants....

The testing of said plugin will be only related to both Linux and HS3.

The goal of the plugin is that it will run on something small, Linux most likely sort of embedded.

Putting the question out there now....

(1)
                            Would a custom linux small appliance like device provided to the "participants" be something you guys would be interested in?

I would personally configure a boot linux OS setup for whatever device is used; sending the participants said device and OS. This would provide you a via a network connection interface to the plugin (web interface).

(2)
                            Or (personally playing here with) would you guys like maybe a linux precustomized do all capacitance table top tablet to play with?

This would also give you an optional visual running right on the box.

(3)
                            Or something else....(new HS Zee?)

Tell me what sounds the best here....
                            For me I think Number 1 might work best. I am running windows and will probably continue unless I can find someone who can help me convert to linux. It sounds like it takes someone with some experience with Linux to configure HomeSeer to run on linux and I have no experience in linux setup and do not know anyone with the expertise. Since they said they would not provide a setup tool with linux. That kicks me out of the water. When Rick Tinker left Atlanta and went to work for HomeSeer and my other two home automation buddies in Atlanta died I don't have any buddies currently in home automation to play with and all alone. HA! I have even thought of popping the question Pete would you make me a low power computer, and now one on linux? HA! I am not saying I can not do anything, I have built a windows computer, and I play basic networking but I am no expert, but not sure I am ready to run linux as I have never been around it. I had some help in DOS and Windoz, got to have a buddy.

Could you describe how number 1 would and number 3 be different? Would you for instance buy a HS Zee and add the HAI Omni/onQ function to it?

Comment

Thank you for your comments/questions Gary.

# 1 would just be a linux appliance running the HS HAI plugin talking to HS3 whether its on the HS ZEE device or a Wintel device. So this would be the same hardware as the HS ZEE but no HS3 on it. I can though create a base OS on a stick or whatever such that the environment is there and ready to play with.

# 3 would be HS ZEE device and maybe a running HAI Plugin. So yes to your question. I am thinking that it will work (best guesstimate).

Right now Rob and I have preordered the HS ZEE device. That said it should be helpful to initially run the plugin on the HS ZEE device.

#1 device could be the same as the HS ZEE device except for the HS3 pieces not being there but everything else would be there.

Thinking out loud now; I could put an OS on the same hardware as the HS ZEE for you guys to play with. I was originally thinking of the PogoPlug or Seagate dockstar; but it should be just as easy to do the same with the Pi computer in a case.

I would set up the #1 device with linux and mono such that it would be plug n play via the use of SSH / WinSCP via a wintel machine. Install and modifications would be easier and basic cli commands for configuration.

I am younger than you and older than you in "dog" years -

I worked in Atlanta in 1995 (doing stuff for Ford (Taurus for fleet and export was being built there) and actually worked with IBM doing stuff at that time). Tested IBM new wares in Jacksonville, FL at their HQ there then went to using their stuff in Atlanta (IE: AS400 and their new PC's at the time). Recollections of going to buckhead at night and farmers market for breakfast. It was a big deal for me to get included on the PC motherboard Crystal sound on their PCs and I got to see and test one of these in Jacksonville, IBM HQ; fun stuff at the time. It was just running Rumba, screen scraping and using MS SQL. Geez I could control the speed of the build this way locally and remotely. But I wanted sound too; I was sort of particular about this. Went on to using the "little do what system" for GM, Chrysler, BMW and Caterpillar at the time (1995) - running (flying-multitasking) all over the place then.

Did actually do the same for a bank (and there were IBM folks there too) in 1996; again with Rumba and MS SQL except it was for an elaborate overdraft system (made tons of money for the bank) - geez it was using pennies to make millons ....eventually it became called "The Matrix"; apropos name I guess...

Fast forward to the 2000's worked again there in Atlanta with SITA/Equant; but did other stuff; embedded multiservice/multiairline embedded Linux terminals (Unisys?) ....with SITA; moved it all though to my little lab sometimes later...(they split up a bit creating a for profit section of the company; such that one was private and one was public for profit). I was comparing their Linux embedded terminal to my Wintel embedded terminal doing the same thing but a bit fatter at the time; but way ahead in development before the Linux terminal.
                              Last edited by Pete; September 29, 2013, 08:33 AM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X